Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:56 pm

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:58 am

cool...is that what FCR uses?

having the hard copy as a backup is 100% pure peace of mind

and a highly visible display is crucial to taking it to the level slalom racing deserves

damn i'm jonesing for the worlds - i'm gonna look at some last minute fares

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:30 am

From what I've read from posts by Don O'Shei recently over at ncdsa is that FCR uses an ALGE system. Not sure which model though.

I'd be interested in hearing which model FCR uses and how it is setup.

I also remember seeing that Gary Fluitt posted that they were using a Trakmate hooked up to an ALGE StartBeep. If I remember correctly I think he said Chris Barker did this. Not sure if it is the new Trakmate version with the beep outlet.

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:26 am

The EttSexEtt Timing system can be hooked up to the ALGE displays. Depending on if you do single or dual or use it as a speed trap it shows the running time (of course) and then the final time. For duals it stops when the first rider gets a time, shows that time for 5 secs and then goes back to running time or shows the finish time for the second rider if he has crossed the line. When both riders have crossed the finish line it will show the time difference and mark what lane won by displaying a 1 or 2 next to the time difference. For single lane it also shows what position the current rider has (if he is in top 9, there is only room for one extra digit). For speedtrap it shows the speed in km/h. The software itself has the beeps builtin so it's only a matter of connecting speakers to the computer.

Next version of the 161 (EttSexEtt) software will also have the possibility to start playing a song when the rider enters the course. So you pick yuor favourite song from a list, and when you enter the course the music starts and when you hit the finishline the music stops. All in order to draw the attntion from the audience, and of course let you skate to your favourite music... What do you think of that??

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:56 pm

Looks like we may be using an Alge this year at the Red Clay Cup.

Complete with big displays!

Anybody know how to use one?

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:18 pm

Rick,

Are you renting it?

I HATE websites that give you everything EXCEPT the MSRP. Do they want $200 for $20,000 for the friggin' thing?

No way to tell by taking the time to read every link on the page.

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:12 pm

No, the company that puts on the Twilight (FEI-Velo) already owns one.

This is turning out to be a sweet deal for slalom skateboarding - it may lead to a race in Charlotte sponsored by BankAmerica.

Jadranko Radovanovic

Alge

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:52 pm

Hi together,

I'm in contact with ALGE Timing Switzerland. We was there to watch the timing system's. I think the FCR used the TdC 8000 is the best for two lane races. The only problem what Alge have is, that they haven't a software for what we need.

We are now developing a system for our race in Grueningen.

What we want is to show the times and hit cones on the display's.

Data way:
from the timing computer to a notebook and control from the notebook the two display's.

In a head to head race the timingcomputer show's at the start the times from the first head to head race. The spectators can view who was faster in the first race and that's make it more interesting for them.

Cost:
timing computer: 4'500 swiss francs (3000 EUR)

2 display's: 6'200.- (EUR: 4200)
(7 numbres, 25cm height, super outdoor LED display's)

option 2 (super outdoor LED-display with 15 cm hight and 4numbers to show the time to 99.99) 3600.- (EUR: 2400)

The LED display's are cheaper than the mechanical what Rick shows in his post.

I will go again to Alge timing in two week's. If you have some questions ask it here and i will ask it to Alge.

/J-Red

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:25 pm

We used the GAZ 4 something in stockholm the summer of 2003. It worked fine and the display is visible from FAR away, though it was not LED but just florusent yellow, which I guess needs less power.

Since we built the timing software ourselves and we only borrowed one display we solved how to show the parallell times by showing the running time while the riders were in the course, and then when the first rider crossed the finishline we displayed that time for 3 or 4 seconds (can't remember). Then if the other guy was still in the course we started showing the running time, or if he had finished we showed his finishtime.

Then when all cones are added and the times are saved on the computer the best time is shown, with a '1' before if it was the left lane that won or '2' if the right won, followed by the time difference. I don't think we ever showwed the cone count on the large displays. This functionality is still in the software, that you can download and try at:

http://www.ettsexett.com/200/EttSexEttTimer.msi

This version have a 'remote control' so that you can simulate a race at home. If you wish to have the live version let me know and I'll send you a CD and some cables to connect to the COM port. The software only works on PC, but it's free (you only pay for cables to the live version) and it gives you all the stuff you need to host a race, such as randomization of starting field, printing of startorder, printing of qualifyresults, printing of round startorder, and round results from round of 32 to the final. You can also connect mulitple PC's via a network and use them as displays at the start and finishline to show the current standings. Sorry about the last part of this post, just wanted to say that we have used ALGE monitors, and let me know if you need some help working with them basically :)