Racer Ready

Timing System

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Dan Parrish

Racer Ready

Post by Dan Parrish » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:00 am

I've started making a race management program that I hope will simplify organizing races.

DISCLAIMER*** I am not a programer and this program may just prove that! However, I have played with Filemaker Pro and created a workable database for monitoring vaccinations in my private pediatric practice. A few subtle tweeks of that program and out popped: RACER READY and a database called Skate TIA (download all 3 files)
I had hoped to have it completed in time for The Farm race - but that woln't be happening. Life has thrown a few more curves that will further limit my time. I think the program has a lot of potential, particularly because Filemaker supposedly has good internet integration- mass emails and instant web page results should be possible.
Currently it runs on Mac only and has many (fatal) flaws. I am putting it out here now so you can see where I am going with it and can offer your kind suggestions. Maybe someone out there even knows what they are doing and could help?
If not, at least you'll know when your next Tetnus booster is due!
Yours,
Dr. Dan
Last edited by Dan Parrish on Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:16 am

Sounds really cool, Dan. You should check the URLs of your files though because nothing is available from the links you posted.

Will they require the user to have FilemakerPro?
Join Folding@Home for the good of humankind, or at least for your loved ones (whatever species they may be). It's easy, free and fun, too!

Dan Parrish

Racer Ready

Post by Dan Parrish » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:01 am

Wes,
It will be stand-alone and will not need any other apps. The basic idea is to build on Dan G's spreadsheets into an app with simple graphical interface. We then could have a "Total Information Awareness" database that could be re-used by organizers and multiple copies of Racer Ready that could be tailored to use for each race.

I will email you a copy if you like. I don't know why it woln't download.
We can talk this weekend - looks like I may have some free time.