Trackmate 6.8 - bad sensor message

Timing System

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Trackmate 6.8 - bad sensor message

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:52 pm

JUST GOT ONE ON THE WAY FROM DANIEL IN CANADA. HERE HOPING IT LAST AS LONG AS MY TRAKMATE 4. THAT PUPPY IS A WORK HORSE. IT MADE IT SINCE THE FIRST SIZZLER BACK IN 2004. YOUR AMIGO EDDY TEXAS OUTLAWS.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:32 pm

On my new track mate 6.8 it keeps say bad sensor. Why the system is completely new. Any ideas. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws

Lynn Kramer

Post by Lynn Kramer » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:10 am

Eddy,
Call trakmate. Get a book. Get them on the phone. They don't want the racing league to think their product is substandard.
Good thing it happened during practice.
Lynn

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:10 am

Thanks Lynn. This is timing system # 3. C-Bark is bring his as well. Will call Daniel. One IR Beam works very well the other is dead. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:57 am

Eddy Martinez wrote:On my new track mate 6.8 it keeps say bad sensor. Why the system is completely new. Any ideas. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws
Which "sensor" mode are you in? I think when you first turn it on it will tell you if you are in "tapeswitch" or "infared" mode. tapeswitches operate in "normally open" mode and then when you hit the strip you get a momentary closure. The beams work in the opposite manner. If you are in the wrong mode for your sensors, you will get that "bad sensor" message. If you are in the correct mode, that message tells you that your sensor or wiring is messed up.

To switch between tapeswitch and infared mode, I think you need to hold down the top button when you power it on. Holding down one of the other buttons at power on changes between Mode 0 and Mode 1 (whether early start is calculated).

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:36 am

Chris Barker wrote:
Eddy Martinez wrote:On my new track mate 6.8 it keeps say bad sensor. Why the system is completely new. Any ideas. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws
Which "sensor" mode are you in? I think when you first turn it on it will tell you if you are in "tapeswitch" or "infared" mode. tapeswitches operate in "normally open" mode and then when you hit the strip you get a momentary closure. The beams work in the opposite manner. If you are in the wrong mode for your sensors, you will get that "bad sensor" message. If you are in the correct mode, that message tells you that your sensor or wiring is messed up.

To switch between tapeswitch and infared mode, I think you need to hold down the top button when you power it on. Holding down one of the other buttons at power on changes between Mode 0 and Mode 1 (whether early start is calculated).
You may also get a "bad sensor" message during usage when a tapeswitch goes bad.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:25 pm

It is working now. Whew. That was a close one. Wish it came with instructions. Gracias Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Neil Orta

Post by Neil Orta » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:00 pm

You will also get the message when only hooked to one switch for practice.....but everything still works fine timing wise.