...straight out of the box!

Oust Bearings

Moderator: Richy Carrasco

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:08 pm

In all of my years as a skateboarder, I thought that it took my "conditioning" a race bearing to get them like I want them to spin. I've a set of Sims Racing Bearings that I have been taking care of since day one. They get the full surgical instrument sonic cleaning, then conditioning with dental drill drive lubrication (colloidal teflon) and then brushed out after each skate.

But the older I get, the less time I have...

So I bought a few sets of Pleasure Tools Bearings (non ceramic, sealed) because they are ABEC 7 and inexpensive. Nice bearings but they have a break in period and it just takes them a while to get to a point to where they spin nicely. I use them for nearly all my riding and I do like them...

On a chance, I bought some Oust MOC 7 and put them in my Turner wheels, cranked them down and WHAM! Spin forever right out of the box. Riding them is a gas, you just forget about bearings, no worries, they just go fast.

Try this test.

Take a comparable bearing and tighten down on a truck (speed washers or what ever you use) and spin, time it.

Take a OUST Moc 7, same set up and do the same...

This is just a free spin test. Once your board is all set, you can feel the difference in the ride (maybe it is simply psychological)

:grin:

I have not had the opportunity to drive some of the new ceramic Turner Bearings. In the future, I will.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adam trahan on 2002-09-19 18:27 ]</font>

Rene Carrasco
TEAM CARRASCO
TEAM CARRASCO

Post by Rene Carrasco » Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:15 am

Adam-

I agree- Oust are fast!
My bro. Richy and I use em'.

You've seen how fast Richy goes!
.................................-nuff said.

.........-Rene'- TEAM CARRASCO BROTHERS.
RENE CARRASCO for - SK8KINGS.COM - Abec 11 Wheels - Tracker Trucks - Khiro Skateboard Products - Nitro Racing Bearings - Vans Skate Shoes !

Nasse Lippen

Post by Nasse Lippen » Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:36 pm

i still find German bearings to be the best. look for more to come overseas soon.

David Hegstrom
Skaterbuilt.com
Skaterbuilt.com

Post by David Hegstrom » Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:37 pm

Adam and Rene-

I have to agree-OUST wins the spin test everytime. Crank your wheels down so tight that other bearings won't even spin, and no matter how tight, OUST just spin and spin. I think that they have made a rook like me much faster-and all it takes is couple of good times logged in racing to lose the rook status.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:05 am

I had a lengthy conversation over the phone with Carl from Oust bearings last week. He imformed me that Oust bearings are made in the USA and not in China like most bearings. And that he spent years perfecting this product. I ordered a set of Moc 9 Airr bearings. I tell you what I am as happy as a tick on a hound dogs tail. These puppies HAUL ASS. Eddy Martinez, TEXAS OUTLAW

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:00 am

Man that is hard to believe!

I use the MOC 7's and I just can't see how a bearing could get any better, no lie.

I forgot the guys name who I order my bearings from at Oust, but he is a muscle car guy and he is really nice. He took the time to explain to me the same things I bet that he took with you. They are really really good bearings and ALL my Avalons and Cambrias have Oust in them.

Everything else get's the PT...

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:03 am

got some OUST ABEC7, very fast....

but now I tested a PocketPistol Super-G at a very steep hill, with OUST MOC Airrrrr 9 .... no comparison, fast as hell ...

did not though that there is a big difference, but there is...

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:39 pm

I got some OUST MOC 7's 2 weeks ago.

They are the fastest bearings I have ridden.

Thanks to Richy and Arab for pointing me in the right direction!

what coast?

Dan Jackson

Post by Dan Jackson » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:46 pm

I wouldn't mind buying a set of Oust bearings to check them out.
I live up in Vancouver, Canada, non of the shops here have heard of them.
Can anyone direct me to a dealer or online source in the US.

Thanks
Go boy go!

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:01 pm

Try some of the contacts on the website and see if they can help you get some.

http://www.oustbearings.com

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:09 am

Just skating some cones on a cold but sunny day (yesterday).
And riding some hills, just downhill. The roads were dusty... and than it happend. criccc... and the wheels went louder and slower.
I stoped...

Back home I clear my OUST MOC 9 Airrrr..., but nearly the same, loud and slow bearings.
Very sad... the OUST did only last an hour...

Are the OUST dust resistive ?
Is there a guarantee ?

Please help !

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Joachim Leonhardt on 2003-03-20 18:13 ]</font>

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:31 am

Try giving OUST a call with your problem. I bet they will help you out.

I live in Arizona and we have this fine dust here, so abrasive. We also have dust storms that pit windshields and strip paint. It's very dry, humidity in the winter is often below 12%. I have all OUST and I don't have any problem at all, I use them in my slalom and pool boards. Dust coats the seals, my Avalons are completely covered in dust on the inside and outsite faces and the bearings are still smooth and spinny.

I've cranked down very hard on the axle nut and the OUST's still spin fast.

What gives?

Properly adjusted with the right size spacer, speed washers on the hangar side and axle nut side with axle nut adjusted properly and I just can't see your bearings wearing out or getting dirty like you describe.

I don't see it at all.

I am not saying that this can't happen, it looks like it has to you but there is a reason. I am interested in your presentation.

I am not paid by OUST. I have paid full price for all of my sets. I believe in their bearings and I believe you but it is difficult to understand.

Like I said, give them a call, and when you have it all figured out, let us know what happened.

adam

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:24 am

Thank you for your hints !
My board was made by Chicken - completely.
To my mind he knows his job. Speed rings, right spacers, ... .
I have cleaned many bearings, Swiss Bones, Red Bones, PTs shield and sealed, SKF... after cleaning no problem.

I have a fullnose with OUST 7 and Cambrias, nearly the same roads, same weather, they are coated, too.
But still no problem.

Maybe a manufacturer fault ?

But, I don't know the reason either...

I contact OUST and keep you updated.

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:54 pm

I have just taken their address from their website.

The original message was received at Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:54:12 +0100 (MET)
from 1Cust16.tnt6.laf1.deu.da.uu.net [149.225.46.16]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<oust@oustbearings.com>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
550 <oust@oustbearings.com>... Host unknown (Name server: oustbearings.com: host not found)

Does anyone know OUST's e-mail address ?

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:29 pm

Ok, I gave them a call, nobody home but I did leave a message.

I have been using GERMAN bearings since they were available and prefer them until I found OUST.

I use the MOC 7's but I would like to try some of the 9's.

No worries, this is a good company, they will help you figure it out.

My advice to you is to not open the bearings and try to figure this out on your own. They will want to know what is going on and if you open them up, then this is open for discussion.

I am pretty sure Barret knows what he is doing when he put your deck together.

I would also contact Barret and let him know what happened with your bearings, what you posted here and who you have contacted at Oust.

Best Regards.

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:59 pm

Thank you !

I have just sent an e-mail to PPskateboards....

... and I have just replaced the ##** bearings with a new set of OUST MOC 9 Air...
(my last set :sad: )

Hoping that they last longer than the first did ...

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:22 am

Joachim,

Can you let us know what is going on with your bearings?

adam

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:34 pm

just an information, .... sorry but I have to think economic :sad:

<small>
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: OUST BEARINGS
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 00:34:50 +0100
To: idsco@pacbell.net
References: <000f01c2effb$62922590$0200a8c0@three> <3E7B9B70.19024935@cityweb.de> <002c01c2f000$e72eb7a0$0200a8c0@three>

Carl,
I bought them from Chicken. They were part of a complete Super-G board.
I am sure that he sold me a brand new set of bearings - no doubt.
He also added a cleaning set and lube - I used this.
The other set was bought from Debbie (fibreflex).
Best regards,
Joe

idsco@pacbell.net wrote:
Joe; If you can send me the name of the Dealer you bought the Moc 9 AIRR...from plaese have him contact me or give me his e-mail address and I will make sure he gives you a new set and I will replace his bearings on his next order.Please stay in touch so I can see how your second set works. The only way to make a better product is by response from the riders.Best RegardsCarl

----- Original Message -----
To: idsco@pacbell.net ; oust@oustbearings.com
Cc: adam@slalomskateboarder.com
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: OUST BEARINGS
Carl: Thank you for your kind offer. But sending a parcel to USA is rather expensive. Shiping costs for a small parcel is about 68 Euro that is about 64 US $. Sending a letter is cheaper, but only sheets of paper are accepted...
I have just replaced this **##' set of OUST MOC 9 with a new set of MOC 9. To my mind is a cheaper way to solve the problem.
It is senseless to send a set of "bad" bearings for nearly the double price of a new set. Shipping costs from Germany are extremely expensive. Therefore I have decided to throw them away. It is just cheaper. But still not very happy about a bearing lasting less than two hours.
My fullnose with OUST MOC 7 still works well. I rode the same roads, same dust, no problem, still very fast.
Kind regards, Joe

idsco@pacbell.net wrote:
Joachim: I read your e-mail in the forum and would like to give you our e-mail address and regular address so that you can return the bearings for us to checkfor what the problem might be and to replace your set. We have never had a problem like this before and have sold thousands of sets to slalom,vert and street skaters who put the bearings to their max. Our address is;Oust Inc. e-mail: oust@oustbearings.com1826 w. 213th street website: http://www.oustbearings.comTorrance, CA. 90501I'll be waiting for your e-mail.Best RegardsCarl@Oust
</small>

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Thu May 29, 2003 9:31 pm

I recently ordered some misc. stuff from Oust online, and shortly after I got a call from Carl regarding a small issue... great customer service! Carl is a nice guy and I hope I get to meat him someday!

henry

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:31 pm

My girl wanted to get me something unusual for my BD. Something slalom related that I would never buy myself (too much $$ for what could be the same performance as the less expensive equipment). I'm getting Oust bearings (the most expensive ones, I don't know which model they are) and Radikal trucks.

Pleasure Tool ABEC 3 sealed- Biltins ABEC 5- Oust (the most expecive ones) test is coming.

I remove all the lube from the bearings and put my own, light and fast, when I test them. It doesn't make sense to compare the bearings right out of the box with other bearings (some factory lubes are lighter and faster then others).

Last year I was able to skate 3 Cyber Slalom runs in a row within 0.01 seconds of each other. It was the best slalom equipment test. Pleasure Tools ABEC 5 and 3 performed as well as the notorious German bearings and other ABEC 7 bearings.

I've never had Oust before but heard good things about them. If they are fast, I'll ride them.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:54 am

Put them up against ANYTHING out there, OUST straight out of the box and the other bearing conditioned how ever you want and I would be willing to bet that the OUST will be first.

All that I ask is that you post your findings.

What ever happens, it will be good. Get the ones in a purple box what ever those are, they are OUSTS best. Now that I think of it, you could probably take OUST's least expensive bearings against any bearing blah blah blah

I simply think that there is a performance difference with the way that they are made. Pleasure Tools work, I've got a couple of sets that work well, Biltins work, I've had about all of them back to the Hoovers that came with my first set of Road rider 4's in the seventies. Gilmour and I, accross the continent, he being the racer, me the soloist back about 10 years ago and we both were using dental drill lubricant, colloidal teflon bearing juice on similar set up bearings. It was funny how we both didn't know each other at the time but used that formula. That was one of my first written letter topics to him back then before we used e-mail.

Just try them, they are time savers in many ways.