Sale -- Save on Oust at SK8KINGS.COM

Oust Bearings

Moderator: Richy Carrasco

Maria Carrasco
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President

Sale -- Save on Oust at SK8KINGS.COM

Post by Maria Carrasco » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:47 am

For a limited time -- we're offering 10% off ALL Oust Speed Bearings (MOC 5, 7 & 9):

CLICK FOR DETAILS: OUST BEARINGS
Last edited by Maria Carrasco on Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Moc7 after 3 weeks of flatland freestyling

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:59 pm

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Richy Carrasco
AXE Army
AXE Army

Oust

Post by Richy Carrasco » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:35 pm

Ramon -- I told you to quit ollying off 10 story buildings! Funny -- Rodney Mullen who is the number one freestyler in the world seems to be doing fine with his Oust. Can I recommend the steel cage Moc 5's which are designed to better withstand that type of punishment along with being super fast . . .

See you in Paris and I want to see some of this freestyle. Howz about a 360 contest young man? Where is Manuel?

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:02 pm

Ehm...this was Manuel who "destroyed" your bearings...last autumn he put up with flatlanding,
and he's going to give a little show in Paris!
I also wondered about this 'cause I've heard that their even made for freestyle/streetskaters...

Manuel in our cellar trying out his new board...8-)

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Eric Brammer

Pieces of bearings...

Post by Eric Brammer » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:47 am

Ow! That's what a few of my bearings (Sims Gold-Shield Racing) looked like after they ingested some of Mt. St. Helen's volcanic ash right after it blew (the eruption in '80). :-(
I didn't think you could mash good bearings like that without severe impact (car running over,for example) or unless you had enough grit in them to overheat them (like mine did). Plastic cages in those, right? Metal cages looks like what you'd want to deal with that kind of sharp impact loading.
How many ollie/flip combos did that take? Nevermind, my ankles hurt even contemplating it. ;-)
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Oust "R" Fast

Post by Marty Schaub » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:01 pm

Bear in mind that this comes from a guy that just got back into the slalom scene again. I pulled out some Moc 7's and dropped them into a mix of Manx 88 duro fronts and 84 backs on Trade street in Athens last Sunday. Let me tell ya boys & girls, one thing I remember is speed from running every hill La Costa had to offer at the time, and this set-up screams....

Looking forward to racing the Red Clay Open division in two weeks. I'll be packing my Oust's thank you very much.....
La Costa Boy For Life

Rene Carrasco
TEAM CARRASCO
TEAM CARRASCO

Post by Rene Carrasco » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:37 pm

Marty-

...really good readin' 'bout ya coming back to Slalom !
Way to go !

I remember when you were riding those white red and green Kryptonic pool boards !

You goin' to Morro Bay Worlds ?

-My brothers and I will see ya there.
[-if not La Costa ]

Take care,
..........................-Rene CANNONBALL Carrasco !
...........................http://www.RENECARRASCO.COM

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:40 pm

Hey Rene!

Yeah I'd ride anything new back then. If it's free I'll try it! That's how I ended up doing a Park Rider Wheels ad. Bolster called Dave Mc one day and asked if he knew anybody that rode Park Riders. Dave knew I had a set so Warren called the house. I was out surfing Del Mar so my mom sends my brother to fetch me out of the water. An hour later I'm at Skateboard Heaven with Warren clicking away. Ya see it's always good to have a big gear bag!

I am not sure about the Worlds this year. I'm just starting again....But Gawd is it tempting. Let's see how I do at the Red Clay first. I'll be seeing Richy & Maria there, can't wait to hook up with them. By the way your bro has been so cool about taking care of my needs. He and Maria endured about twenty e-mails and ten phone calls in about three weeks. But the cool thing is the Pistol's in the bag and it's faaaasssttt.

Sk8Kings Rocks!!!! (gee...that sounds so 70's!)

Marty
La Costa Boy For Life