exploding oust bearing?

Oust Bearings

Moderator: Richy Carrasco

Doug Kadzban

exploding oust bearing?

Post by Doug Kadzban » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:10 pm

a friend of mine was out sliding a few nights ago...he was using oust abec3 bearings, spacers, speedrings, the works. anyway, he pulled one slide and his front, heelside wheel came completely off. he couldn't find the 2 bearings, the speedrings, the spacer, or the axle nut. anything he can do about the bearings?
I like my women like I like my trucks:
TALL, loose, and squeaky!

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:35 pm

Let me get this straight:

The bearings are missing.
The Axle nut is missing.

And you call this an Exploding Bearing. And you wonder if anything can be done about the bearings.

=================

If I have the facts straight then this is not a bearing problem. This is an axle nut problem.

You need to buy or get some new bearings, spacers, axle nut. (Because they are missing, gone).

You need to make sure the axle nut is tight and that the nylock (nylon insert in the nut) is doing it's job (new nut with fresh nylon). You need to make sure the end threads of the axle protrude at least 2 full turns beyond the end of the nut. Now the nut won't come off when you are riding.

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:40 pm

Yeah, what he said.

Sorry, but them's the breaks.

Scott Pham

Post by Scott Pham » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:46 pm

I'm the friend in question haha. It was intense, I just looked behind me and I saw a stream of sparks. Yeah I called the bearings and associated parts a loss and just opened up my spare set of bearings.

Doug Kadzban

Post by Doug Kadzban » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:44 am

Scott Pham wrote:I'm the friend in question haha. It was intense, I just looked behind me and I saw a stream of sparks. Yeah I called the bearings and associated parts a loss and just opened up my spare set of bearings.
hahaha, what'd you say? they were actually pleasure tools?

oh well...
I like my women like I like my trucks:
TALL, loose, and squeaky!