Offset Nuts [trucks ;) ]

Bushings - Pivots - Speed Rings - Traction etc

Moderator: Henry Julier

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Offset Nuts [trucks ;) ]

Post by Adam Daniels » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:39 pm

Who here runs an offset truck that takes the smaller "offset" nuts on the axle?

If you answered yes, Have you been able to find a place to get replacements easily?

If you answered no, than i can help you.

recently i purchased a box of misc. coarse threaded nylock bolts. ends up there is a whole section in that box that has the exact bolts as the ones that go on your smaller offset axle.

so if anyone needs any of these bolts, let me know.

-Daniels
No vestido para mi

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:54 pm

Adam, I used to own such an offset truck. I found that Home Depot and Lowe's both carried the coarser-threaded locknuts they required. I think they were 1/4"-20, i.e. 1/4" hole diameter, 20 threads per inch. They sold them in little plastic bags, two nuts per bag, for about 99 cents. They were kept in the little drawers of specialized fasteners, washers, etc.

Not everyone lives near a big mega-hardware store like Home Depot, though, so I applaud your effort to let people know you have extras.

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:45 pm

Jonathan Harms wrote:Adam, I used to own such an offset truck. I found that Home Depot and Lowe's both carried the coarser-threaded locknuts they required. I think they were 1/4"-20, i.e. 1/4" hole diameter, 20 threads per inch. They sold them in little plastic bags, two nuts per bag, for about 99 cents. They were kept in the little drawers of specialized fasteners, washers, etc.

Not everyone lives near a big mega-hardware store like Home Depot, though, so I applaud your effort to let people know you have extras.
thanks for the info. if anyone wants any, i can deffinetly beat the price of home depot!

and if anyone is wondering where i got this giant package of coarse threaded nuts, check harbor freights
No vestido para mi