does tracker stim fit RT-X/S 106mm?

Bushings - Pivots - Speed Rings - Traction etc

Moderator: Henry Julier

Eric Brammer

Stims on non-Aggro Trackers

Post by Eric Brammer » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:46 am

Yup, It'll fit (as a lower bushing) without needing any trimming. However, you may want either forego the lower washer, or get a 12mm Stainless flat-washer that's thin. Going without a lower washer will make the Stim feel a few durometer points softer, and steer a bit more than with a lower washer, but not affect stability or pumping adversely. Older-style wide Indy lower washers, or SGI rollerskate washers will work, too. The top bushing height (w/washer) does present a problem IF you want a tall bushing there. Stims reduce lean range, so I don't worry too much about the top bushing size, just it's fit and durometer. If you need to, consider maybe putting in an 1/8" longer kingpin, just to get barrel bushings to fit on top. It takes some 'tinkering' to dial in Stims on narrower trucks, as they're springy in how they return-to-center. Consider matching a Stim with a less resilient bushing like a red/yellow Khiro or a Tensor top bushing if you're 'quick-footed' in your pump. Otherwise, Doh-Doh tops are a fine combo on top, and fit With washers.
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Eric Brammer

Correction on previous post of mine..

Post by Eric Brammer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:00 am

Line 2 should have read [ -or get a 14mm Stainless Steel flat washer- ], not; " get a 12mm Stainless flat-washer that's thin." I know,I know, Damn Lazy Americans haven't Even figured out the Metric System yet! Doh..
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"