Stainless Steel Polished Button Head Cap Screws

Bushings - Pivots - Speed Rings - Traction etc

Moderator: Henry Julier

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Stainless Steel Polished Button Head Cap Screws

Post by Adam Trahan » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:54 am

I don't know about you guys, but when I purchase an expensive race slalom board, I like to take care of it. Almost all composite boards have some sort of soft inside with a skin wrap. It is important to not damage or crush the board. This is best done by a button head screw of a 10/24 gauge and thread. I will put a sealing washer under the head of this hardware on a Turner Summer Ski but on other boards, I like to get the hardware as flat as possible using a stainless steel washer under the button head. Using a "allen socket" button head in stanless steel polished is the BEST that I have found to protect AND dress up my boards. The following company has hard to find lengths of this sort of fastener in up to 2.5" lengths. They are expensive, up to a buck a piece for a highly polished screw. Check out South Coast Stainless Web Site for this hard to find hardware. We are not affiliated with this company in any way, it's just a place where you can get what you need in hard to find hardware and really good quality as well.

Tell them you heard the link about them at this site, it's not a money thing at all. I just want them to know that skateboarding is a respectable race sport as well.

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:39 pm

McMaster Carr is also a great source for hardware.

www.mcmaster.com
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!