[2008] WinterCup

Slalom Skateboarding in Sweden

Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Marcus Seyffarth

[2008] WinterCup

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:30 pm

Today was the first in a series of races to prepare team sweden for the 2008 season. The first race gathered some 10-12 people to our trusty garage where a TS was set. We got a few warmup runs and then the race kicked in with 3 runs each where the best counted.

Hans Göthberg took top honors among the pros and Peter Klock (who flew in from GBG just for these 35 seconds of fun) won the ams. If I remember correct Johan Falk won the juniors just 0.04 before Olle Bauer.

The start of the pre season is a little later than last year, but we hope to get some races going and be faster than ever once the spring hits us!

Next race is December 29:th. All are welcome, the starting fee is 20SEK.

Spike Taylor

Post by Spike Taylor » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:27 pm

What kind of TS courses do you guys run, I hear they are pretty tight?

Spike.
FUN-is the bottom line!

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:37 pm

How do you measure that?

I guess you would need some kind of index like number of cones in the course, average offset and steepness of the hill to know exactly.

Well lets just say it was fairly tight 4-6 feet with offsets, on a pretty weak slope (its a garage you know...)

I haven't skated in 4 months and didn't bother to change my wheelbase, but with radikals at 15deg front, wheelbase @ 51cm between inner screws I never ran the course clean.

But it was challenging and fun!

Pelle Gustafsson
Pelle
Pelle

corse

Post by Pelle Gustafsson » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:13 pm

tight like a virgin in riga.... :)