New slalom spot in Sweden!?

Slalom Skateboarding in Sweden

Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:59 am

The weather is not nice to us skaters for the moment but here is something that might warm you up until the summer comes...

New swedish slalom spot

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:10 pm

Two new pics added on this possible future slalom skate spot. Use the link above.

Note! By clicking on the link you enter the international forum.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:10 pm

This place is sooo cool.

Imagine a sunny summer day, smooth concrete all the way down. You've just accomplished a few good runs and you can just sit and enjoy the view from the top of the hill, accumulating energy for yet another run.

Actually the best about this place is probably that it will resemble a hill for sking (oops I meant snowboarding). It's a place to cruise down and just enjoy turning and feeling the gravity pull you.

Great work so far Corky. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this turns into reality with the rest of the skatepark project.

/Jani

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:36 pm

It was time to test the hill with cones. I set up an easy slalom course and went for it. We had our digital camera with us and my girlfriend took some photos. She even took a small video sequence. The quality is not the best but when using it on the web that doesn't matter anyway. I edited a small film with it and here is the result.

It will take 5 minutes to download it the first time with a 64kbs connection. Then you can run it as much as you want. :smile: The film is almost 1 minute long. Wow!

Skate spot test movie

Note! You will need to have a "Real media player" to be able to look at this film. It's free and you can download it from the Real media homepage .

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:43 pm

Hans,

that looks amazing!
Is it legal?
Is it an abandoned industrial complex....?

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:25 pm

Chris,

Maybe you've missed part of the discussion. The town is considering creating a slalom hill on this spot. They did not know what to do with it and asked the skaters if they wanted it. They were a bit confused as to how they could use it, until Corky came in and told them all about slalom and how cool this place would be for slalom.

There will be a regular skatepark at the bottom of the hill.

The right side (not seen on the pictures but identical to this side) will have grass planted for people to enjoy the sun on sunny days.

Too bad we'll have to wait another year or probably even more until it is fully built.

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:21 pm

Yes, must have missed that, too much going on.
We waited 20 years until this resurrection of slalom, to wait another year until something this great is acomplished is nothing to worry about.
We will skate until we break down.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:13 pm

Now there is a quicktime version of my little slalom clip as well. Much bigger though but better quality. Making Quicktime as 2Mb gave me too poor quality. So if you don't have a fast internet connection don't load the quicktime.

Skate spot test movie (Real 2Mb)
Skate spot test movie (Quicktime 7Mb)