[2003] Greuningen 21-22 Juni, Svenskt deltagande

Slalom Skateboarding in Sweden

Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

[2003] Greuningen 21-22 Juni, Svenskt deltagande

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri May 30, 2003 8:02 pm

Är det någon som ska ner till Schweiz. Jag och Jani kommer att vara där. Tyvärr faller det ju in på midsommaraftonshelgen så jag antar att det är svårt för de flesta.

Det verkar som om det blir pro/am uppdelning vilket är bra för min del.

Pelle Gustafsson
Pelle
Pelle

Post by Pelle Gustafsson » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:10 am

vart kan man bo där?
On 2003-05-30 14:02, Hans Koraeus wrote:
Är det någon som ska ner till Schweiz. Jag och Jani kommer att vara där. Tyvärr faller det ju in på midsommaraftonshelgen så jag antar att det är svårt för de flesta.

Det verkar som om det blir pro/am uppdelning vilket är bra för min del.

Pelle Gustafsson
Pelle
Pelle

Post by Pelle Gustafsson » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:11 am

Finns de nått billigt ställe att bo på där?

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:15 pm

According to Chris Eggers:

"Accomodation: for free in the bunker, Hotels will be listed on the homepage."

No hotels listed yet on their homepage.

I guess a sleepingbag is requiered for the bunker. Sounds scary though!

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:40 am

Hans, the Bunker is safe and clean, no worries. There are photos of it on the homepage now.
I just saw you are registered. Very good.

Jadranko will have his exam the next 3 days, so we will not hear anything from him until the end of the week.
If we have the same weather pattern as last year it will be great to sleep outdoors with the stars above. Sleeping bag is required anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chris Eggers on 2003-06-02 02:58 ]</font>

Haggy Strom

Post by Haggy Strom » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:28 am

Halloen Svenske Venner!
I'm in Oslo for the summer and would very much like to make it to switzerland for the comp june 21-22. but getting there from here is a bitch. is anyone driving down from sweden? i'd be happy to split gas and food costs, i have a tent and a stove so camping's no worry. i was just in london skating with michael stride, chris linford and the rest of the gang - they got me motivated to ride in the switzerland contest, all great guys... and i just moved from the usa and wanna see my old friends who'll be there!
anyhow, let me know, it'd be great to get a car of people and cruise on down!
peace,
haggy

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:57 pm

Welcome to Scandinavia Haggy,

I've already bought a cheap flight to Geneve. Now I realize that I couldn't have got further away from Zurich being inside Switzerland. Now I have 300 km to get to Greuningen. By foot that will take me... hmm no. Probably I will have to rent a car.

Anyway, let's see if we can't arrange a slalom session this summer somewhere, Stockholm for example, to meet up and do some skating.

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:26 pm

Hans, take the train, its better than a car in Switzerland. Why in hell did you book to Geneve?

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:00 pm

I wish I was as fast in slalom courses as I'am with my mouse on the computer. I saw this cheap flight to Geneve and "click". :???:

I have had a look at the trains. It didn't seem cheap enough and I have to carry bags and stuff. A car have some practical advantages. And a drive through Switzerland should be a nice drive. No? Maybe I could pick someone up on the way even. "Always look on the bright side of life, lala, lala, lala lala lala". :grin:

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:24 am

It seems like Peter Klang is planing to come to Grüningen. Great! Maybe we will manage to get a little Swedish team after all.

Haggy Strom

Post by Haggy Strom » Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:30 am

Hey Hans!
We should definitely put together a weekend of slaloming this summer, that'd be great fun. I haven't quite figured out if anyone here in norway is riding any slalom yet, we shall see... Good luck in switzerland. i'm not sure i'll make it down from here, the flights get a bit pricey...

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:46 pm

Haggy,

With Ryan air you can get very cheap tickets to Frankfurt from Oslo (Stockholm too by the way). But then of course you are in the same situation that I'm in.

From Frankfurt to Zürich is a 4 hour drive if you rent a car. With some chance you could find a cheap train ticket or lift with some German skaters.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:52 pm

Pelle and Haggy,

Come to think about it. Why don't you both buy the cheap air flights to Frankfurt. Then you could rent a car together for the trip to Zürich.

If you do that maybe I'll throw my Geneve ticket in the fire and go to Frankfurt too. Then we are three people for the car rent. :smile:

Haggy Strom

Post by Haggy Strom » Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:56 pm

Hans & Pelle,
Just checked they ryan air flights from oslo to frankfurt, unfortunately they aren't cheap... should have booked these tix a month ago, it would've been better. anyhow. i'll keep checking the flights, maybe they'll cheapen up. the train's crap, takes all day and sets you back a crapload. hmmm, there's gotta be a way! right now the best option for me to go is to fly to london then catch a flight to zurich, problem is the flights are from different airports so the gobetween gets tricky... i'll keep you guys informed.
pelle, what do think about meeting in frankfurt and renting a car together if that works?

Pelle Gustafsson
Pelle
Pelle

Post by Pelle Gustafsson » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:56 pm

yez!!!!!!!! that will be very intresting!!! i like to go there to and if we "split" it will be sheeper for all!

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:50 am

I will not change plans and go via Frankfurt. Jani is kind enough to pass by Geneve on his way to Zürich. We will be in Grüningen around 13:00 Friday I imagine.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:08 am

Great! I saw that Peter Klang from Stockholm has registered himself at the competition site. The Swedish team is filling up. :cool:

Haggy Strom

Post by Haggy Strom » Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:55 pm

hey pelle!
sorry i've been out in the boonies (fishing and relaxing) for a while, finally back at a computer. i just checked flights to frankfurt. one way on ryanair on friday 19th is 1600 kr!! its a little out of my league... tomorrow i will call some travel agents to see if anything is possible. if you go i assume it would be on friday?
i'll be on and off the computer tomorrow... this switzerland trip is beginning to look a little grim, we shall see...

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:19 pm

Haggy,

Oslo is expensive. Even Ryan air in Oslo. :smile: It would actually be cheaper for you to go via Stockholm. But then you have to leave Thursday night to be able to take the flight Friday morning. And you have to stay the night in Stockholm. On the way back Monday it will work ok.

Let's see what Pelle's and Peter's plans are.

Haggy Strom

Post by Haggy Strom » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:31 am

Yes! i will definitely fly stockholm - frankfurt if pelle is going that way.
pelle: what flights are you taking to and from frankfurt? the best options seem to be friday 9:05, which gets you in at frankfurt at 11:15. then we could rent a car and zoom on down the autobahn to zurich. coming back monday is best i think. there's an early morning flight and an evening flight. i vote evening as that gives us plenty of time to get back. but morning is cool too if you have to work monday...
ok, i'll be checking this forum again today. you can call me here at 3727-1812 if you wanna talk more detail. if there's no answer just call back!
OK, i hope you are down with this! i will drive or fly to stockholm on thursday to make the friday morning flight...
oh, Peter : how are you getting to zurich?

Pelle Gustafsson
Pelle
Pelle

Post by Pelle Gustafsson » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:10 pm

can you rent the car so will i pay you half!! let me know so i can get som ticket Thanx pelle

Haggy Strom

Post by Haggy Strom » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:55 pm

Pelle,
i can't get to stockholm in time to make the friday flight... the only way i can do it is to get a flight out of oslo on friday, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for some lower last minute fares next week. as it is now, they are all too much... anyhow, hope i make it and meet you and everyone else!

Pelle Gustafsson
Pelle
Pelle

Post by Pelle Gustafsson » Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:24 pm

okay i wait and see how you make it out then :wink:

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:41 am

On 2003-06-05 05:30, Haggy Strom wrote:
Hey Hans!
We should definitely put together a weekend of slaloming this summer, that'd be great fun. I haven't quite figured out if anyone here in norway is riding any slalom yet, we shall see... Good luck in switzerland. i'm not sure i'll make it down from here, the flights get a bit pricey...
Haggy, time to plan a trip to Stockholm for the Swedish National Championships Sept 13. What do you say?