Competition boost

Slalom Skateboarding in Sweden

Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat May 31, 2003 8:59 pm

I was out walking my skateboard for the first time after Paris. And gee was I better than before I left for Paris. It's increadible how much you can progress among skater friends. And still I didn't think I skated that much.

For all of you who needs a boost for your skating pack your bags and be sure to go to skateboard competitions.

Reasons for being better after Paris...

1. Steep hill. And though the courses was not extreamly tight in centimeters it sure felt tight. Now when I skate my old courses on flat I just can't get enough speed. I'm pushing like a maniac and still run clean with a finger up my nose. I even tightened it up a little. No problem!

2. Motivation. Being with all these nice skaters for a weekend gives you the force to continue to go out and practice for next contest. Some more energy there.

3. The Paris air. Having breathing Paris air for some days and coming home to the good old clean air of Malmö it seems like my lungs was happy. Same effect you get by going high up in the mountains for some days and then returning to the flatlands. You feel so damn strong.

4. Audience. Lot's of people around you when skating embaressed me before. After Paris that is cured. Now I'm almost waiting for someone to pass to get some extra energy to rip hard.

5. Self confiedence. I didn't expect any good results from Paris. I just wanted to be able to make the courses. Now with the placements I got I feel that maybe I know how to handle a slalomboard after all. Good self confidence is just as important as having good wheels, trucks and decks.

6. And maybe I start to get used to those bushing Gilmour put in. Hmm... Going to competitions will get you hints on your equipment. What is working for others may be working for you. Don't be shy to try out or look on other boards. Test a board and you may start wonder why that board feels so snappy and good and yours don't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hans Koraeus on 2003-05-31 15:02 ]</font>