Shoe Swap

Shorts, Shirts and Shoes

Moderator: Ron Barbagallo

Gareth Roe
RoeRacing Team Captain
RoeRacing Team Captain

Shoe Swap

Post by Gareth Roe » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:52 am

Anyone interested in matching up and trading good shoes? (really NOT as weird as it sounds...)

Here's what I am thinking? I have a closet full of Vans (Old Schools and Rowley's) that I can't wear anymore because, as a Slalom Racer, I foot drag. The result is worn out left shoes and almost new right shoes. Someone out there has a closet full of worn out right shoes and new-ish left shoes. Let's match up good shoes! Just a thought!!!!

I am looking for Van's "Old Schools" or "Rowley's in size 10 or 10.5

What are you looking for? Post it here!

Gareth

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:01 pm

Ha! I usually shoe swap with Alex Scott. But I need more swappers since Alex doesn't wear his shoes out fast enough. Once he wears thema bit he gives them back. We get about 2 swaps per pair of shoes.

I like to show swap with someone that wears out his inside heels and is regular foot.

Size 10 for Vans Rowleys and DC mantecas- inside heels?

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:51 pm

Wes E posted something about buying two pairs of shoes and then swapping out one of your non foot drag shoes. So you have 3 foot dragging shoes and one deck shoe.

Wes E - that is brilliant.

I'm up for it. I typically pick up size 10 mantecas in either Blue or Black.

I'll send anyone the left shoe for their right shoe- brand new unused.

So any regular foot people or Goofy Mongo pushers out there? Size 10?

Anyone up for doing a face to face shoe swap at the Gathering?

Brian Morris

Post by Brian Morris » Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:55 pm

Anybody have size 12.5/13 Vans oldschool Black hi-tops? Ive just about killed the left shoe.

Brian

George Gould
AZ G.R.S.
AZ G.R.S.

Post by George Gould » Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:20 am

I'll go for this idea, I wear a size 13 and am about to go shoe hunting. Osirus hold up pretty well to foot dragging, but i will wear anything reasonable.

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Mon May 12, 2003 10:16 pm

I am size 12, footbrake righty. Talk to me, well find a model we both like.

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Sun May 18, 2003 3:24 am

For sale or trade. one Manteca Size 10 unused blue- never worn right shoe. $18 or trade for unworn size 10 blue left shoe.

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:53 pm

WANTED: Target “Hadley” size-7 LEFT shoe.

These shoes are sold in Target stores under the interchangeable brand names of Utility, Cherokee, and B.U.M. They are navy blue suede upper with silver plastic mesh side panels, white rubber outer sole and navy blue rubber tread. I don’t like seeing my brand new right shoes go to waste, so if anyone out there with mens shoe size-8* and foot-drags right-foot, wants enough slalom shoe supply to last for a while, buy a couple pairs of these in size-7 for around $20 per pair at Target and we’ll exchange “board-shoes”.

*They run large - people that normally wear size 8 shoes should fit a size 7 in this shoe.

These are excellent all-around skate shoes BTW. They look like nuschool shoes, but have a tongue that is much thinner and more pliable.

JG, I can't take credit for that idea, but it is a good one.

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:17 am

I just wanted to revive this topic, and to update that I am currently looking for ANY skate-worthy shoe in size-8 for the left foot, as long as it doesn't have an enormously thick/puffy tongue. I have an unused, unmodified right shoe for trade, and will have more in the future.
Join Folding@Home for the good of humankind, or at least for your loved ones (whatever species they may be). It's easy, free and fun, too!