[2004] Antibes - International slalom, Sept 11-12, 2004

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

The Americans are coming-Team USA!

Post by Martin Drayton » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:42 pm

Pierre, the Americans are sending a team for the Nations Cup!

Kenny Mollica
Bobby Mandarino
Jason Mitchell

It should make the Nations Cup REALLY competitive! Lets hope we get Teams representing Sweden, Uk, Italy, France and of course Switzerland. The US Team is a VERY strong team, so I hope everyone can get their best riders out. If we don't, that fact WILL be ignored when the results are in!
This is very exciting, I haven't seen this sort of thing since the European Champs back in 1980!
Its on!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Did I leave anyone out?

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:12 am

Swiss can make 2 terrible teams, and the Italian will be a problem for all.
The sweden are very strong, the british too, I'M sure the german will be competitive.
In france we are making 2 good teams, one with old riders and one with the new comers. I don't know about letvia of russian. But for sure this race will be fantastic for the public and for the racers for sure!

Martin Siegrist
Airflow-Skateboards
Airflow-Skateboards

Post by Martin Siegrist » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:32 pm

pierre, do we need three or four riders? How many riders compete in the teamslalom? Is it ok if we make a swiss airflow team with the following riders?

Chris Hart
Ramón Koenigshausen
Martin Siegrist

what about girls?

Kenny Mollica
Nature Boy
Nature Boy

Post by Kenny Mollica » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:15 pm

Some questions about Antibes:

1) Is the cyber slalom strait line? What is the cone spacing?

2) Will there be ramps for all events?

3) Is the cyber slalom dual or just timed?

4) Can we find a hotel near the race once we arrive, or should we secure a room before we leave the states.

5) How much for entry? Any prize money?

thanks,

Kenny

Kenny Mollica
Nature Boy
Nature Boy

Post by Kenny Mollica » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:17 pm

Martin and Stride. Where are you staying? When do you arrive? The USA team gets in Thursday morning at 9:00 am and will have a couple days to rest and relax on the Riviera.

Martin Siegrist
Airflow-Skateboards
Airflow-Skateboards

Post by Martin Siegrist » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:08 pm

Kenny, I think we (Airflow crew) sleep in/around Chris' bus at the GS spot

we arrive late friday night!

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Antibes details....In English Kenny!

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:35 pm

Hi Kenny, I translated the relevant info from the French site...

PROGRAMME IN DETAIL

FRIDAY 10 SEPTEMBER 2004
21H00
EVENING OF SLALOM AND LONGBOARD AT L IGUANA
22H00
FESTIVAL DU COURS METRAGE SLALOM AND LONGBOARDS.

SATURDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2004
PARKING at YACHT CLUB
8H00 : Registration, distribution of bibs.
9H00 : Training Cyber slalom
10H00 à 12H00 : Cyber slalom, open timed session.
13H00 : Training spécial slalom AMATEUR.
14H00 : QUALIFICATIONS SPECIAL SLALOM AMATEUR réservéd for amateurs, women, juniors boys and girls, snakeboard.
16H00 : FINAL SPECIAL SLALOM AMATEUR. : all catégories.
17H00 : Training SPECIAL SLALOM PRO
17H30 : QUALIFICATIONS PRO
20H00 : Final PRO at night.
21H00 : Drinks and Barbeque at Yacht Club
and Fiesta!

SUNDAY 12 SEPTEMBER 2004 GS-
AVENUE ANDRE SELLA
8H00 : Registration, distribution of bibs.
8H30 : Rendevous (La Salice/La Garoupe)
9H00 : Training giant slalom
10H00 : 1 st run.
11H00 : 2 nd run.
PARKING -DE LA SALICE
14H00 : Nation's slalom (nations cup)
Training.
14H30 : ¼ final
15H10 : ½ final
15H30 : consolation final
15H50 : final
16H30 : Awards.

SLALOMS
Cyber slalom challenge:(tight slalom)Free timed test: 40 straight cones(1M80-5.9ft ) center to center.The starting line being located at the center of the first cone and the finish line in the center of the last. The pushing distance is unlimited.The stop watch will be in action from 10H00 to 12H00. during this period the competitors can carry out as many runs as they wish and in any order. Only best time will be taken into account for the final classification.The performances will be approved by a person from ISSA (for international) and FFRS (for the national). Categories: world, European, French, men, ladies and junior. NOT DUAL.
Special slalom (amateur):Reserved for the amateurs , female,junior boys and girls and snakeboards.

Special Am;Qualifications against the clock, final head to head: 40 cones offset spacing 2m00-6ft 5in to 4m00-13ft 1in, the course setting is carried out by organisers.All the competitors take two runs.16 first men, the first 4 ladies and the first 4 juniors qualify for the parallel final.

Special slalom (pro):Reserved for the international competitors.Timed qualifications, final parallel:40 cones offset spacing 1m70 -5ft 7in to 4m00-13ft 1in. The course is set by 3 competitors from 3 different nations at random. All the competitors take 2 runs. The 16 first qualify for the parallel final .

Giant slalom (all categories):Cash also for the championship of France Open to all: classifications, by category Pros, amateurs, ladies, juniors boys and girls, snakeboard.On a slope varying from 8 to 2 %. 40 cones on a 250 meters length course, spacing 2m50 -8.2ft to 8m00 -26ft(average spacing 4m-13ft to 6 m-19ft)2 runs for everyone: Best time is taken into account.

Nation's slalom: (8 better teams)

Most of the Brits are at the CREPS Centre (see page 1 of this thread) try the following as I think that is full:

MODERN HOTEL
1, Rue Fourmillere
(Angle Av. De la Republique)
Zone Pietonne
06600 Antibes
PH ; ++ 33 (0)4 92 905 905
FX ; ++ 33 (0)4 92 905 906

The Modern is right behind the Bus Station on a small walking street. It is quite small, so book rooms here, early.

Le RELAIS du POSTILLON
8, rue Championnet
06600 Antibes
PH ; ++ 33 (0)4 93 34 20 77
FX ; ++ 33 (0)4 93 34 61 24
E-mail ; postillon@atsat.com

Postillon is a Hotel/Restaurant and is a bit bigger that the Modern. The Food is good and Bar is usually open late. It can be a bit loud in the mornings with vans making deliveries to the near-by pubs and restaurants.

BRASSERIE “Tout Va Bien”
NOUVEL HOTEL

1 Ave du 24 Aout
06600 Antibes
PH ; ++ 33 (0)4 93 34 44 07
FX ; ++ 33 (0)4 93 34 44 08

This is a local Hotel above a local Bar/Pub. Not many tourist stay here. It is cheaper than the other spots I mentioned and not as nice, but it is in the same general, convenient area. There had been some complaints a few years ago about loud people up late at ground floor pub.
Note; Apparently all of these hotels are just a few minutes walk from the Bus Station and a short walk from the Train Station.

I think there is info about entry fees and prize money on the previous page.
Julie and I arrive Thursday morning and pick up Paul Price at Nice Airport around 10am. I have my Snowboard Camp minibus, do you guys want a lift from Nice to Antibes?

Let me know,
See ya hope this helps,

Kenny Mollica
Nature Boy
Nature Boy

Post by Kenny Mollica » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:46 am

Thanks Martin. This is going to be great. I cannot wait and I know Bobby and Jason feel the same.

I feel like I have a good idea of what to expect and bring with me.

Thanks again. We will check out your hotel suggestions.

Is Antibes a little town with a town center. Is that the place to be? Where would we stay if we wanted to make it a little nicer, as we will be on vacation for the first two days at least.

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Antibes is magic!

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:19 am

Big Up Kenny, happy to see you will be back in France

Antibes is a great place for vacations: there is an old town center, and it's just near the beaches and the marina... but Pierre will give you better indications than me to find a great place to stay.
(websites with map, pics, accomodations and more: http://www.antibes-juanlespins.com/eng/index.html
and http://www.antibesjuanlespins.com/eng/index.html )

We were in Antibes area in May for a downhill freeride and slalom week end and it was great (people, places and everything),
this "Festival du Plot" will be terrific!

See you there
your "peace pipe" friend at the Trocadero 2003 ;)

Kenny Mollica
Nature Boy
Nature Boy

Post by Kenny Mollica » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:31 am

Antibes is sounding better all the time.

How long is the push in the cyber slalom?

Are there cone penalties in cyber, or must you run clean to get a time?

What are the cone penalties for the Special Slalom and the GS?

How far are the courses from each other? I think we are renting a car. Is parking a problem?

So many questions.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Commonwealth Team?

Post by Martin Drayton » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:41 pm

Hi Pierre,
I have a question for you....The Nations Cup seems to be hotting up now, especially as both Luca and Jani have entered which boosts the Italian and Swedish Teams.
Would it be possible to enter a "British Commonwealth Team"?
If you are wondering what this means...

Definitions of British Commonwealth on the Web:
"an association of nations consisting of the United Kingdom and its dependencies and many former British colonies that are now sovereign states but owe allegiance to the British Crown."

It is like having a Team from France and all its Territories (French Guyana, French Polynesia, Martinique,etc)...Hmmm?

And yes, Trinidad IS in the British Commonwealth!

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:00 pm

OK Martin. I think I understand your question.
Clearly you want to know if you can race with the UK team?
For me there is no problem, because I know it's difficult to have a Trinidad and Tobago team!! :-)
with the actual registration I can see 2 english (+ commonwealth) team
You, Paul, Chris Linfort, Mickael Stride, Nial, Sam Gordon and Jonx Warburton. Or you can make a commonwealth team with the guy who are not clearly english and another one with the pure english. Up to you now to make the dream team.

Kenny : for the cyber slalom you'll get a start ramp. 1m50 high (5 feet)
On the french cyber rules you can shot 10% = 4 cones which add 0.1 seconde by cone;
penalties for cones in special will be 0.1 in giant 0.2

Between giant and special there is 3 km round the Cap d'Antibes. 15 minutes riding with your skate (wonderfull view long the sea)
If you rent a car you can park it on a big parking just beside the race or long the beach (that's free) if you arrive early.
For the Giant : You can park your car long the race, there is a special place for this.

Pressure is growing up here.

PS : still some place in CREPS.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Thanks Pierre!

Post by Martin Drayton » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:30 pm

Wicked news! We are not sure if Clingfilm or Johnny X are coming, but we will sort out a Team!
Really looking forward to it,

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Nations Cup rules from Longskate site-In English...

Post by Martin Drayton » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:15 pm

I translated these (I hope correctly!) from the French site.

The Nations Cup is on the Pro special slalom for the 8 best national teams. Teams of 3 riders clash in a K.O system.
The winner scores 1 point, the first team which obtains 5 points is declared victorious and passes to the next round.

The races are
A1 vs B1,
A2 vs B2,
A3 vs B3,
A1 vs B2,
A2 vs B3,
A3 vs B1,
A1 vs B3,
A2 vs B1,
A3 vs B2 in 9 races maximum. etc.,
Team A is always the team ranked first. The ranking of the teams for this event is calculated by the individual results of the 3 racers during the 3 main events (scale of points ISSA).
There is no stopwatch: 3 finishing judges determines the winner.
In the event of a tie on the line, the number of cones hit determines the winner. If a competitor hits more than 10% of the cones, their adversary is declared victorious. If both racers hit more than 10% of the cones, the first across the line is the winner. In the event of a tie in cones hit and across the line, there will be a re-run.

Hope this helps,

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:31 pm

thank you Martin, we have no more webmaster to do the translation.
I take on you for next year.
I just have a doubt about this in your translation
how to determinate the rank of the team :
it's the result of the 3 members of the team during the 3 races in Antibes
tight, special, giant.
Points are those of ISSA rules for world ranking in main race
first in pro as 500...
first in am as 330...
first in youth as 166...

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:21 am

But for Nation Slalom PRO and AM race together or in separate races/ranking??

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:45 am

both : in the nation's slalom there are no more pro or am or young, only a team. all the class are mixed.

Kenny Mollica
Nature Boy
Nature Boy

Help me understand

Post by Kenny Mollica » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:15 am

It sounds like there are two individual races at Antibes (Cyber & Giant) and that the Special Slalom is ONLY a team event.

Is that correct? So there is no head-to-head "individual" races? I know the Special is head to head, but is it only a team race?

Also, on the special, is it correct that there is no timing system or cone penalties, and that you can hit 10% of the cones without penalty?

Its a different format, but sounds cool to me.

Will there be a start ramp for the GS and Special slalom?

How will we know if someone in the Special/Dual/Team races false starts?

Is the Special/Dual/Team race single elimanations? Who chooses lanes?

Has this format been used before? It seems hard to tell who crossed the line sometimes? Like when it is 1/1000 of a second.

We are very excited to come over. Manderino is wondering if he can make it, as he is a firefighter in Florida, and may be needed for Hurricane clean up. Fluitt says he can come in Mandy's place if needed.

I am looking forward to hearing some answers to the above questions. Just curious and want to picture it in my head for the flight over. Visualization, man...

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:59 am

Kenny , the special and the nation's slalom are two different races

the special is an individual head to head race, with 2 runs of qualification as usual and where 16 racers fight in final with several class as women, boys, am and of course pro which held in the sathursday evening.
the tight and the giant are only individual races. tight (it's a free session. time setter is running during 2 hours and you make how manny atemps you can. giant is 2 runs, best only count
There will be a small start ramp for the giant and 2 big for the other races.
after these 3 races we take the classment of each racers of each team during the 3 races, giving points according to the world ranking ISSA table. then the 8 best teams are qualify for the nation 's slalom.
we class the team with this results : 1 to 8th place.
then we have team 1 vs 8 4 vs 5 3 vs 6 2 vs 7 as an usual race
about nation's slalom
all what you said is corect about penalties. (no time setter, penalties count if you hit more than 10%.
The team who has the best rank choose his line

about false starts : we'll have start judge and a synchronised door which
release the racers at the same time.
about who cross the line the first : we'll have 3 judges on the line to determinate it and eventualy we'll use a camera. In case there is total egality on the line, the racer who hit less cone is the winner.
In case of a total equality, there is a rerun after all the dual between the 2 teams but only if no team have the 5 points require to win.

Here is now the schedule

SATHURSDAY (Parking de la SALICE/ANTIBES)
10 to 12 : time setter is running for the french cyber slalom (40 cones on a straight line 1m80)

2 to 5 : slalom special women, boys, snake, am (qual and final)

6 to 9 : slalom special pro (qual and final)

After that : party oon the beach!!!!

SUNDAY
10 to 12 : Super giant in 2 runs ( in LA GAROUPE- cap d'Antibes)

then back to la SALICE
2 to 4 : nation's slalom with the 8 best team of 3. So 24 racers are concerning, other go swimming on the beach and look the girl or may be can encourage their country.
5 : awards and goodbye drink.

then : racers go home, and organizers go to sleep during 2 days.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

PIERRE-I NEED YOUR HELP!

Post by Martin Drayton » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:04 pm

Hi Pierre,
Just heard from my sponsor that the shaper has built me a new Tight Slalom board for Antibes. The problem is that I leave Les Deux Alpes on Wednesday morning so it may not arrive here on time if he sends it on Monday.
Is there an address in Antibes that I could get it sent to?
If so, can you give me your portable number so that we can keep in touch and meet up on Thursday or Friday (whenever it arrives)?
My number is 06-16-96-05-82...

Merci...

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Pierre- Aidez-moi svp!

Post by Martin Drayton » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:23 pm

Bonjour Pierre,

excusent svp mon français :oops: ... juste entendu de mon sponsor que le shaper m'a construit un nouveau planche de Slalom pour Antibes. Le problème est que je laisse Les Deux Alpes le mercredi matin ainsi il peut ne pas arriver ici à l'heure s'il l'envoie le lundi.
Y a-t-il une adresse à Antibes que je pourrais l'obtenir envoyé à ?
Si oui, pouvez-vous me donner votre nombre portable de sorte que nous puissions rester en contact et nous réunir vers le haut le jeudi ou vendredi (peut etre quand il arrive) ?
Mon nombre est 06-16-96-05-82...

Merci...Image

alavoine jean paul

Post by alavoine jean paul » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:25 pm

Hi everyone, when Pierre writes about "classement" he means ranking of course.

P. S. : Pierre if you want me to translate the competition rules into English send me an Email, and you'll only owe me a couple of beers...

My slalom board is restless!
My speed is reckless!

P.S. 2 : The British Commonwealth of Nations -They are autonomous communities in no way subordinate one to another...
May I join in (my sister is an Australian resident)?
jean paul aka POPOL:
"I was born yesterday...
but I stayed up all night!"

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:45 pm

Ouais moi l'anglais! ben Popaul j'aurai surement du taf pour toi, je vais t'envoyer les rules à traduire et t'aura tout ce que tu veux pour boire!!

bah pour l'équipe du commonwealth, je vais pas demander les passeport aux courreurs. On verra sur place.

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:37 pm

Hello all and thanks to be there.
What can we say : the fabulous signor Giammarco has hit again: 3 races and 3 victories. But Kenny was a good defender with 3 second place.

For time here is the tight and giant results, just waiting the results on the other computer for the special results

PRO TIGHT

1 Luca Giammarco Italie 8.67
2 Kenny Mollica USA 8.88
3 Maurus Strobel suisse 8.91
4 Marcus Seyffarth Suede 9.19
5 Chris Hart Suisse 9.22
6 Ramón Königshausen Suisse 9.24
7 Jani Söderhäll Suede 9.26
8 Jason Mitchell USA 9.51
9 Vincent Langlade France 9.543
10 Martin Siegrist suisse 9.547
11 Paul Price UK 9.55
12 J.Paul Alavoine France 9.63
13 Bobby Mandarino USA 10.07
14 Jojo Illegale suisse 10.13
15 Pierre Samray France 10.19
16 Michael Stride UK 10.20
17 Patrick Lozano France 10.36
18 Roman Haltiner suisse 10.45
19 Detlef Rehbok Allemagne 10.68
20 Michael Broenniman suisse 10.78
21 Samy Cantieni suisse 11.21
22 P.Yves Ritschard France 12.48

AM TIGHT

1 Anders Hellquist Suede 9.26
2 Heiko Schöller Allemagne 9.69
3 Martin Drayton Trinidad 9.80
4 Vincent Berruchon France 9.96
5 Donald Campbell Allemagne 10.48
6 Hans Koraeus Suede 10.86
7 Guillaume Coquin France 11.03
8 Jadranko Radovanovic Suisse 11.126
9 Sam Gordon UK 11.129
10 Claude Queyrel France 11.15
11 Holger Klinger Allemagne 11.41
12 Nial Horton Stephens UK 11.54
13 Guilem Depierre France 12.03
14 Benjamin Brozzoni France 13.16
15 Dominique Savelli France 13.41
16 Marin Garigues France 13.72
17 William Renan France 14.35

WOMAN TIGHT

1 Noemie Reichel Suisse 10.84
2 Nastasja Wolfensberger Suisse 11.58
3 Joy Spearing Suisse 11.61

JUNIOR TIGHT

1 Florian Lombardo France 10.09
2 Pascal Weber Suisse 10.30
3 J.Cristophe Baudoux France 13.02

SNAKE TIGHT

1 Quentin Di costenzo France 13.00
2 Fred Bart France 13.02
3 Guillaume Borfiga France 13.36

then here is the giant results

GIANT PRO
1 Luca Giammarco Italie 24.46
2 Kenny Mollica Usa 25.14
3 Chris Hart Suisse 25.35
4 Maurus Strobel Suisse 25.58
5 Jason Mitchell Usa 25.68
6 Jojo Illegale Suisse 26.10
7 Bobby Mandarino Usa 26.12
8 Paul Price UK 26.16
9 Marcus Seyffarth Suede 26.22
10 Pierre Samray France 26.39
11 Ramón Königshausen Suisse 26.41
12 Roman Haltiner Suisse 26.64
13 Martin Siegrist Suisse 26.74
14 J.Paul Alavoine France 27.09
15 Michael Broenniman Suisse 27.47
16 Jani Soderhall Suede 27.51
17 Vincent Langlade France 27.55
18 Alexis Lieber Suisse 27.59
19 Samy Cantieni Suisse 27.67
20 Michael Stride UK 27.92
21 Antoine Miranda France 29.15
22 Patrick Lozano France 29.49

GIANT AM
1 Martin Drayton Trinidad 26.52
2 Vincent Berruchon France 27.33
3 Hans Koraeus Suede 28.21
4 Guillaume Coquin France 28.91
5 Nial Horton Stephens UK 30.66
6 Sam Gordon UK 30.92
7 Anders Helqvist Suede 31.12
8 Claude Queyrel France 32.64
9 Heiko Schöller Allemagne 33.76
10 Donald Campbell Allemagne 34.36
11 Guilem Depierre France 36.26

GIANT DAMES
1 Nastasja Wolfenberger Suisse 29.87
2 Alice Arthaud France 32.25
3 Camille Comte France 34.33

GIANT JUNIOR
1 Florian Lombardo France 27.01
2 Pascal Weber Suisse 28.93
3 Pascalini France 33.58
4 J.Christophe Baudoux France 34.18

GEANT SNAKE
1 Cyril Polito France 31.24
2 Guillaume Borfiga France 33.76
3 Arnaud Serra France 34.27
4 Quentin Dicostenzo France 37.09
5 Fred Bart France 39.26
6 Clement Polito France 44.24

and the very exciting Nations team slalom which close this event with the victory of the US team (Mollica, Mandarino, Mitchell)

1 USA (MOLLICA, MANDARINO, MITCHELL)
2 SWISS AIRFLOW (HART, KÖNIGSHAUSEN, SIEGRIST)
3 SWISS INDIANA (STROBEL, ILLEGALE, HALTINER)
4 SWEDEN (SODERHALL, SEYFFARTH, HELLQUIST)
5 FRANCE1 (LANGLADE, SAMRAY, ALAVOINE)
6 COMMONWEALTH1 (PRICE, STRIDE, DRAYTON)
7 FRANCE 2 (BERRUCHON, LOMBARDO, COQUIN)
8 GERMANY (SCHÖLLER, KLINGER, CAMPBELL)
9 COMMONWEALTH2 (GORDON, HORTON-STEPHENS, CAMPBELL)
10 FRANCE 3 (LOZANO, SAVELLI, QUEYREL)
11 FRANCE GROLAND (BROZZONI, RENAN, GIBAULT)

Heiko Schöller
Heiko
Heiko

Post by Heiko Schöller » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:50 pm

Hi Pierre

I just got back to Cologne sitting in my office and thinking about the great weekend. Nice race and organisation. I will be there next year!!!! Best regards from Germany.
WWW.CONCRETEWAVE.DE
100% Skateshop and no fucking fashion store. GOG homebase.
WWW.PAVEL-SKATES.COM
Pavel über alles
ASSA = Anti Skateboard Slalom Association

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:51 pm

Hello Heiko. Happy you enjoy your week end. It's a chance I find you on the net. I want to ask you if when you go you see some body from the creps to let the keys and pay the room, because I know some racers has this problem. Now is ok for them, but I don't know about you.

Heiko Schöller
Heiko
Heiko

Post by Heiko Schöller » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:25 am

Hi Pierre

We did not pay the room because we had to leave at 7 o clock Monday morning. Just sent me a bank account and I will wire the money the next days. We left the keys in the post box.
You still have my email?
WWW.CONCRETEWAVE.DE
WWW.PAVEL-SKATES.COM
Pavel über alles

Pierre-Yves Ritschard
panda
panda

Post by Pierre-Yves Ritschard » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:55 pm

nice event, i was greatly expecting the giant slalom on sunday (you were lucky corky ;) )
too bad i broke my wrist...
3 months without slalom & downhill

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:56 pm

bad luck Panda, expect to see you soon on a board.

here is at last the slalom special results

SLALOM SPECIAL

PRO CLASS RK Name surname COUNTRY Qualif Finale

1 Luca Gia,marco Italie 10.76 10.63
2 Kenny Molica usa 11.09 10.73
3 Chris Hart Suisse 10.61 10.94
4 Maurus Strobel Suisse 11.17 11.13
5 Ramon Konigshausen Suisse 11.07 11.62
6 Marcus Seyffarth Suede 11.42 11.76
7 Vincent Langlade France 11.43 11.61
8 Jason Mitchell Usa 11.51 11.52
9 Jani Soderhall Suede 11.44 11.64
10 Paul Price Uk 11.60 11.77
11 Bobby Mandarino Usa 11.97 11.80
12 J.Paul Alavoine France 12.03 12.38
13 Martin Siegrist Suisse 12.22 12.50
14 Michael Stride Uk 12.23 12.49
15 Detlef Rehbock Allemagne 12.64 12.44
16 Pierre Samray France 12.86 12.62
17 Patrick Lozano France 13.43
18 Michael Broenimann Suisse 13.50
19 Alexis Lieber Suisse 13.51
20 Roman Haltiner Suisse 13.64
21 Samy Cantieni Suisse 13.68
22 Jojo Illegale Suisse 13.77

AMATEUR

1 Anders Hellquist Suede 11.38
2 Heiko Scholler Allemagne 11.67
3 Vincent Berruchon France 11.64
4 Martin Drayton Trinidad 12.25
5 Guillaume Coquin France 12.29
6 Jadranko Radovanovic Suisse 12.56
7 Hans Koraeus Suede 12.96
8 Donald Campbell Allemagne 12.99
9 Claude Queyrel France 12.70
10 Sam Gordon Uk 13.23
11 Nial Horton-Stephens Uk 13.26
12 Holger Kindler Allemagne 13.83
13 Guilem Depierre France 14.22
14 Dominique Savelli France 15.29
15 Marin Garigues France 15.41
16 P.Yves Ritschard France 15.51
17 Benjamin Brozzoni Groland 16.17
18 Thierry Gibault Groland 16.23
19 William Renan Trégroland 17.46

WOMAN
1 Noemi Reichel Suisse 12.95
2 Nastasja Wolfensberger Suisse 13.02
3 Bettina Luginbuhl Suisse 14.25
4 Joy Spearing Suisse 14.40
5 Camille Comte France 18.50

JUNIOR
1 Florian Lombardo France 12.36
2 Pascal Weber Suisse 12.82
3 J.Christophe Baudoux France 16.49

SNAKE
1 Cyril Polito France 13.35
2 Guillaume Borfiga France 15.33
3 Quentin Dicostenzo France 15.70
4 Arnaud Serra France 17.17
5 Clement Polito France 19.36

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:18 am

some comments on the race:
#1 i think i read that discussion somewhere else in this place,but i want to voice my oppinion and that of several others also:i would greatly appreciate if you guys could do most of the announcing in english next year.there were quite a few peeps who don't do well in speaking french.
french is no universal language.
#2 cut those snakeboarders out of that event.that's what everyone i spoke to said.
that was a skateboard event and no snakeboard event.
i would have loved to have a second run on the giant and i was absolutely pissed to hear that this was not supposed to happen,so was the rest of us too(not only the germans!!!).
all in all i had 4 runs on the track and i could have performed way better than what i had on ma one run-frustrating.without the snakeboard stuff we would all have had the chance to go for a second time...but...

besides that a great event and it was absolutely nice to see you in person pierre,hats off to you and we'll keep antibes as a fond memory

thanks again for everything

Kenny Mollica
Nature Boy
Nature Boy

Antibes race was beautiful !!!

Post by Kenny Mollica » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:50 pm

Pierre,

We Americans cannot express how much fun we had racing and enjoying the south of France. It was a great experience. Your crew did a GREAT job of putting on a World Class event. I have been to the best races and yours was right up there.

We love the location of the race, even though it was flat. The ramps were great. The beaches, sand, blue sky, sun and woman were as beautiful as promised. It was a weekend I will never forget.

The people were so nice and we made many new friendships. We will be back next year if possible and are already looking forward to it.

You did a great job. I was in a hurry to make the second run in the GS. I was just trying to make sure we all got a second run. Sorry if I was pushy.
I really thought I could win the GS and gave it a good try. But Luca was very hungry for all of the wins and took it home. He is the best and I told him so. He is very cool and a great legend/champion.

We will see you next year. We rated our trip an "11" out of 10. You see, 11 is one higher than 10. Better than the best. Thanks for having us.

Kenny Mollica
USA

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:33 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

A great event with lots of fun, skating and everything around it. Courses were great and the GS was the first REAL GS course/hill I've skated in a comp... To bad we didn't have more time using it... The jam in 'cyber' was cool, but I think just skating in order of numbers would have been better, instead of having to hold your place in a line, in order not to be snaked by others. Also I think it would be good if the results could have been more public to the skaters, the timekeepers hate it when you stand behind them trying to figure out how you are doing, and really that's the only thing the skaters are interested in knowing... To next year I will update my french so that I understand more of the comentary and all other conversations that I would like to have understood more of...

Or to quote Kenny - what haaaaappened, did I win? :)

The events are getting better and better, next year they will be perfect!!!

Thanks again for a super event - best regards from the Swiss team, sorry I mean the Swedish team ;)

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:57 pm

I remember you that a race is nothing without racers. So this great show you did it! So I have to thank you to be there. And I was so happy to see smile on your face during this 2 days.

I promise for next years :
-2 speakers one of whom will speak in english and give information to the no frensh racers.
-Some sponsors to reward the winners (the awards was such a shame for me to give only a soda and a picture from the race!)
-More time to compete on the wonderful hill of La Garoupe.

see you next year my friends.

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:48 am

we have to thank you for making this special event happen and for being so open-minded to our suggestions.

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:10 am

I'm really looking forward to the video! What a thing, someone interviewing the racers during the race, that's proffesional for ya!

About the awards, I would not mind having the big nations 1:st place award at home... I think it's understandable that with 4 events (ts, ss, gs, nations) and 5 categories it's a lot to ask for 3 awards in each.

Pascal Weber

help please!

Post by Pascal Weber » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:05 pm

I have lost my blue Airflow S-Camber in Antibes. Did anyone see it? If you see my S-Camber please write me an e-mail at pascalxweber@hotmail.com

i would be very pleased if you can send any information too me...

Mulaan Cyril

Post by Mulaan Cyril » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:44 pm

That-was-great.
I really had a good time with you folks!

Just to answer Donald, i don't think that snakeboarders delayed the event, as we were just 5. I know this wasn't a snakeboard event, and you can ask anyone, it didn't look like one. Pierre was very open-minded for letting us ride, and you can't blame anyone for that.

(And when comparing the results, what a surprise, you still would have been 4th if you had ran with us)

Anyway, it really was fantastic, you all are so cool, thank you for making it so great!

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:44 am

..........what is snakeboarding???????

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:41 pm

mr. snake...what else can you say?
our! oppinion is different from yours,end of line.
that was a skate-not a snakeboardcontest.
and yes,lots of skaters are intolerant,especially when it comes to snakers or bladers,you got that right.

so you're comparing my time with yours?
what are you smoking?
must be good stuff!!!!

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:15 pm

Donald : Cyril is speaking about the giant, in special he is 0"36 behind you. (with bad wheels!) But the problem isn't here.
All the snakers take part to the organisation, helping us a lot during this 2 days. these boys have a very good spirit, here we use to integrate them, in street or ramp or downhill contest. If amateur can't have a second run in the giant is first because of the rain and second because of us who have thought that we have had time enough.
May be if we have 30 snakes it would be different, but I don't think this 5 boys are problems.

Chris : Snake board is an articulate skate in 3 parts, with straps.

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:46 pm

skate in 3 parts?
straps?

uh sounds strange

Sorry Pierre I know what a snakeboard is.....I just wanted to make fun. I even stood on one once, but I have a very hard time to understand how this awkward feeling can be fun in any way. OK to every individual his own, it is great that those guys are helping, maybe it gets them on the right track (skateboards). I met a vert snakeboarder at an indoor park once, he was incredibly good on vert, it was just ugly. He has switched to skateboarding since I met him and he is becoming so good it is incredible.
maybe those in Antibes can be missioned too.......just kidding.
cheers,chris

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:02 pm

hey pierre:
regarding the giant...
we only had one run during the race as you know-before that run i personnally had two attempts to race the course .i used the foot brake on both attempts,since i got too fast and didn't feel confident doing the course in one.i made it skating the course in big turns and thought:"since you got it wired now,you'll give it a go on the second run".
so i was full of hope,only to hear that the second run got cancelled.
same feelings have been shared by several of the ams that approached me being very disappointed and frustrated.
comparing me to one of your snakers by time on that certain course,doesn't make me feel bad or feel respect for him.i know how fast i can go and that's ok with me.what ticks me off,is,that your friend tries to tell me something which is absolute bs,regarding the time differences between us.

these snakeboard guys might be really nice kids and i don't want to frag any of them here,but,again...that was a skateboard contest.

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:18 pm

You brake with foot in the giant??? but... you are DQ!
...just a joke.
Well I think this second run missing for the am (and the snake) is really the black point of the week end.

Next year we'll keep one complete day on the Garoupe hill to enjoy more this fast slope.
Donald No trouble with Cyril, he likes joking and tease me all the time, but it's very a cool guy.
keep a good memory of France and think about the tight, the special and the exciting nation team slalom.

See you next year.

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:22 pm

definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

So much FUN!!!!!!!

Post by Martin Drayton » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:03 pm

First the good news....
Antibes was a blast! Really well organised comp by Pierre Samray-you are my hero. He kept his shop open so that my Turner could be delivered, then biked it over so that I could drill it for the next days race!

Wicked atmosphere, so many cool people-Vinzzz and the French, the Swedes (Anders is too fast!), Donald and Heiko, the US guys, the Swiss, Cyrille and the Snakeboard guys...the list is endless. And as for "Our Boys"....What can I say, a better bunch of guys you couldn't wish for! Sterling performances all round. When you see Anders, the guy that won the first 2 Amateur events tell me that he is changing to Cambrias to slow down on the GS, and Niall and Sam then go and charge down the hill into 5th and 6th...Outstanding!

Now the bad news...
On the way back the engine on the minibus dies...£1700
Renting an estate car...£200
Ticket for Michael to come to Calais to help...£51
Having to leave behind 32" colour TV,2 Mountainboards,3 snowboards etc...£1000
BUT STANDING ON THE PODIUM OF A WORLD CUP WITH A 1ST PLACE TROPHY...PRICELESS!

Thanks to Mr.Stride for being a superstar and helping out. Due to the death of my minibus, our busy packing/emigrating schedule means no Brands Hatch unfortunately, and furthermore, if I hadn't already paid for Morro, I now wouldn't be going. So I am in Worthing saving my pennies for America...See ya there!

Martin.

alavoine jean paul

Post by alavoine jean paul » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:17 pm

THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING THERE GUYS (AND GIRLS) !
PIERRE AND HIS CREW DID A GREAT JOB AS KENNY PINPOINTED...

I can't beleive we've had so many good contests this year,
how wicked is it gonna be next year if there are improvements???
I'm still not sure I can make it to Morro Bay, but I promise I'll try.
If you want to see some nice pictures of this year's European events check Vinz's site on RIDERZ (our french forum)

CU ALL SOON !
jean paul aka POPOL:
"I was born yesterday...
but I stayed up all night!"

Mulaan Cyril

Post by Mulaan Cyril » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:27 pm

Of course, comparing Donald's time with mine was a joke.
If snake and longboard were comparable, we would have organized a "all-category contest", which would have been another good reason for you to complain.

For those who are interested, you'll find out what is possible on a snakeboard on the web. And ugliness is just a matter of taste. You must also find snowboard looks stupid, no?

Anyway, i had a great time, and met very nice people. I was even surprised no one told me i'm an intruder. At least, not in the eyes.

But i don't want to switch this topic into a polemic. I told you, i loved it. Thank you all for creating such a friendly atmosphere (this time, not kidding.)

Heiko Schöller
Heiko
Heiko

Post by Heiko Schöller » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:13 pm

Hopefully no Snakeboards next year!!!
WWW.CONCRETEWAVE.DE
WWW.PAVEL-SKATES.COM
Pavel über alles

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:33 pm

Big Up to Pierre and the Antibes Crew for this great Skateboarding Week End
and Big Up to all of you, slalom warriorz from the World: great people, great races.. we've got so much fun in Antibes

It won't be easy for me to go in Morro Bay, I think it's compromised, but next year I hope to be there.
2004 is ever a great slalom season for me(my first in fact). See you next year for more great races!

You can find some pictures of Antibes here:
http://RootsNattySK8.online.fr
Hope you 'll put some pics online too ;) We can do it for you if you want.

Martin: So sorry that you had problems during the way to UK. Next time you should have a pause in Paris!

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

c'est la vie!

Post by Martin Drayton » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:07 pm

Thanks Vincent, as my Great great Grandmother used to say "Shit happens!"
It was very cool hanging out with so many cool people, I look forward to skating with you again one day, nice site by the way!