[Withdrawn] Brixlegg - Candidate for Euro Championships 2007

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

[Withdrawn] Brixlegg - Candidate for Euro Championships 2007

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:23 am

after a few talks with potentional sponsors,i came to the conclusion that brixlegg will happen next year again.i would love to see the euros there.
money is in the bank,the tracks are secured(same as this year)-that's what came out of the conversations with the brixlegg authorities and the sponsors.
so there will be a prize purse available-could be a big one.
i collected the mistakes i made this year(even though it was a fantastic event and the feedback was very good)and i want to improve on those subjects.
some points for next year are:
ski-racing timers and a digital display.
better coordination with the tourist-office of austria,more local promotion.
cone-judges that get paid to do their job
a definite(safe)spot for the awards

i can locate the race timewise whenever i want for next year,so we all can make sure,that there will be no overlays with other races and i might be able to link this event with another event to be held in europe a week before or after.
next time it will be a 4 day event with 3 days racing and one day death race,best trick,highest air contest in the park.
also there will be some new media present next year.
the output of this year's event will be available soon on the homepage as a 10 min teaser video for the big one maria will do later,plus a huge pix-gallery(i had to withdraw most of the pics for the mags)
mags coming up are boardstein,concrete wave(nov issue) and the new rugged magazine.
with that media present for this year we have a good promotion for the sport,spanning the globe.
i would love to see some CONSTRUCTIVE feedback for any other improvements to be made for brix next year.
thanks so far for your interest and also for your highly valued input.

Lee Diamant

Tracks

Post by Lee Diamant » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:23 am

Hi Donald,

I think this years race was really good. The only thing I would suggest changing would be the track we used for the first day tight race. If you remember it was quite slippery and there were a few slide outs and accidents.

Would it not be possible to use the same track for both the tight and hybrid course as that was really nice?

rgs

Lee

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:22 am

good suggestion lee!!!!
will add your input to my "to do" list.
thanks...
and hey.... that was your fist post,welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Hinzen

awards ceremony right after each race

Post by Steve Hinzen » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:33 am

This sounds all good, Donald! I am looking forward to next year's Brix. It had a great debut this year.
Maybe next year we will see the first Austrian competitors in Brixlegg. The city of Innsbruck is nearby. The race should be promoted there, too. Innsbruck is a snowboard capital. Why shouldn't there be as many slalomers as in Zürich one day?

A few, but elementary, things to do better:

Do the award ceremonys right after each race
One short ceremony with podium and prize-giving directly after each discipline. This makes the show complete for spectators. Those who watch a race want to know who has won immediately after a race. There is always a short (sometimes too long) break in between two dicilplines. If there is enough manpower the ceremony could easily fill up waiting time. It's done this way in every other sport. It prevents long and boring ceremonies at night when people better party or are on their way home.

Tight course on the same course as the Special course
I totally agree with Lee's point of view.

The speaker should present the race in German language
Most of the spectators in Austria mainly speak and understand German. The speaker should explain the sport and it's rules to the spectators and repeat it regularly while the races are going on. Announcments to the racers can still be made in English.

A 4 days event seems a bit too long to me, personally. But 3 or 4 days, I will be there!
Last edited by Steve Hinzen on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Helene Schmit

Post by Helene Schmit » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:38 am

I know it is really difficult to find a date that fits for everybody, but if it is possible to held this race outside the week of the downhill worldchampionship, it would be great!

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:12 pm

Helene Schmit wrote:I know it is really difficult to find a date that fits for everybody, but if it is possible to held this race outside the week of the downhill worldchampionship, it would be great!
rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks