IGSA Ranking update 2002

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Scott Peer

IGSA Ranking update 2002

Post by Scott Peer » Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:54 pm

Richy Carrasco is at the top of both the tight slalom and the GS rankings, with Attila Aszodi in second in both. For the details, go to:
http://www.gravity-sports.com/index.html

This is the first year IGSA has had slalom races and rankings, and all the races are classified as "regional" level races (at West LA College). However, these are still the IGSA world rankings, and hopefully next year the IGSA circuit will expand to have national and international level slalom races. Suggestions on how to expand the circuit are welcome. Possibilities include adding slalom races to existing IGSA downhill races (like the downhill world championship in Austria), creating new races, elevating the status of slalom races at WLAC or elsewhere around LA, reaching sanctioning/ranking agreements with other organizers, or maybe something else I haven't thought of.

Congratulations to Richy, who is now "on top of the world"!

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:18 pm

Scott, i want to organize an international skateboarding event in venezuela, consisting in speedboard, and Slalom. i can send u some pics of the course, iwant to IGSA to rule the event.

as u must probably know Venezuela was a strong competitor back in the 70-80 at slalom, i want that to happen again, and also i want the world to know about more the venezuelan scene in downhill sports (not luge or buttboard tough)

Alexandre Maia from Brazil its helping me with the regulations of the sport. He is the one who helped to organize RedBullRio the past years.

Leo

Scott Peer

Post by Scott Peer » Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:01 pm

Leo,
That would be excellent to have a race in Venezuela with IGSA sanctioning! I think that would be the first IGSA sanctioned event in South America, a great milestone.

You can see the 2002 rules at gravity-sports.com (note that the slalom rules are towards the back). The 2003 slalom rules are in progress, and are virtually the same, except that they're being put into a separate book so the slalom racers don't have to wade through all the luge rules to get to the part they want. I think you'll find them pretty loose (wear helmets, etc), and most of them actually relate to how the rankings are done after the race. If you see anything that you would like to see changed, please comment, and I'll try to either get the rule changed or get approval for you to run you race differently than we do here.

If you would like to do a series of races (like a regional qualifier and national championship), that would also be a possibility. It's great to see another country hosting races!

Scott

P.S.: to all the race organizers: Please suggest ways you think we can all work together to help the growth of the sport. I've been supportive of the idea of having individual races count towards multiple rankings in order to encourage more participation overall. For example, a race could be both ISSA and IGSA, and might draw more entrants as a result. While that creates some confusion as to "who's the top racer", for me it's more important to have more chances to race, and more racers showing up at events.

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:04 pm

Thanks Scott, that its awesome!

i am having another race in Nov 30, it will have a 25 line of 10" straight cones OC., also it will had Downhill and Slides competition.

i already did one but as i dont have a good timer system i cant have perfect times for the riders.

as for the rules i already have the Brazil-adapted ones, so i am readapting(sp.?) them to Venezuela.
what i am going to do its start a points system so i can have a list fo top racers so when an intl event happens in here we have a good pack of racers to fight against uds riders.

you all are invited anytime you want to come down here, i would looove to see all of u racing in this beautiful sunny and warm weather.

thanx again
leo

p.s.
did u just added the venezuelan flag to the http://www.gravity-sports.com home page?? :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leonardo Ojeda on 2002-10-24 13:12 ]</font>

Rene Carrasco
TEAM CARRASCO
TEAM CARRASCO

Post by Rene Carrasco » Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:58 am

Hey Scott,
read your post- you've got some good ideas and possibilities! Yeah!

Thanks for puttin' on the WLAC Races - they're ALWAYS a great time! - Especially if Ed Economy is there, "talkin' story"- -
- - -sharing his "Aloha" to everyone!

Richy C.-The Brown Bomber,CONGRATULATIONS!

You have trained hard all year, and competed vigorously ! ! ! WLAC and FCR races ! ! !

All the while, always stopping to help others with tips and pointers to help them go faster. That's why a lot of people can't help calling you "COACH".

I'm proud of you , man!

....-from the guy who is gonna catch-up
to Richy C. next year- SLOWLY but SURELY..
..........his big brother, Rene'.
RENE CARRASCO for - SK8KINGS.COM - Abec 11 Wheels - Tracker Trucks - Khiro Skateboard Products - Nitro Racing Bearings - Vans Skate Shoes !