thank you page for 66

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

thank you page for 66

Post by Chris Favero » Mon May 02, 2005 7:57 pm

wanted to start a thread to post all the thanks yous to rick.i know he had a lot of help from guys like marcos and rick and clifton to name a few.rick,thanks for the hospitality,everyone at world headquarters,thanks for the company,it was the best.
cf
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

66 is the man!!!!

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Mon May 02, 2005 9:56 pm

As always 66 puts on an event that will be talked about by ALL that can remember it :) The only thing that could have made the whole events even better was NO RAIN, but ,there are things that you just cant deal with. Thanks Rick for all that you have done for slalom in the south.

Marcos
Texas Outlaws

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Mon May 02, 2005 10:18 pm

Rick Stanziale sets the bar very high. The race was downtown, in an active downtown, with more spectators for the round of 16 then I saw at any race I went to last year. Shoulder to shoulder, 2 deep, 3/4's of the way down the course. It was the weekend of a major event, so lots of people out looking for something to watch.

Also, having an event downtown, in a college town, made for an interesting after party. I'm pretty sure I kept up my legacy in Athens. I foggily remember having pictures taken with Lynndie England pointing at my genitals. If anyone sees them, remember it was cold that night.

Huge thanks to Rick. His generosity is amazing. Thank you to my partners Lisa and Miss Katii (Red Clay Champ!) Lisa looked faster than ever. Katii is a total ROCK STAR! Good to see my freak brother CFav. You are getting faster, but more importantly hitting less cones. Both Frank and Laura Henn have stepped it up. Can't wait to see LHenn at the next race.

COSS - Fun to skate with, more fun to drink with. Marty Schaub after a 25 year lay off was amazing. Texas Outlaws were out of hand, that story you told me about when Eddy tried to make it with that cow? We will party together again. Geezer X (the opposite of a Texas Outlaw), I'll be your big spoon anytime.

Favorite part of the weekend that I can type about is Tod Oles catching Jason Mitchell sleeping. Jason was gentleman about it and Tod had a huge grin for the rest of the weekend. Tod is a welcome addition, but more importantly represents untapped potential. There must be other guys like Tod in IL, Marty in GA, Rick Fitzpatrick in CO. Who knows, perhaps somebody in that large crowd in Athens will join us next year.

Joe
PS - If you hear Clifton say "Hold ma beer" and "Wach (th)is!" stand back. It's pretty cool.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue May 03, 2005 1:10 am

I posted elsewhere but want to throw it out again. 6 you put out an awesome product that all enjoyed. Racers, family & spectators ALL had fun. My wife & kids, all first timers, really enjoyed the scene Saturday. Thanks so much for throwing out the challange to race again and being so generous with your time & equipment.

A few observations to mention. I got to hang with Ohls Saturday night and your right, the smile had not faded. The guy is extremely fast and showed it. The scene at the top of the hill Friday was just a big slalom family. I smiled at work today every time I thought about it. It took my mind off of my dress pants sticking to the burger on my leg! The last thing I'll mention was how cool it was getting racing advice from Richy at 1 in the morning at Taco Mac. The waitress must have thought we were nuts!!!!

Thanks 6 for the scene and the stoke. Let's hook up and get up to the Farm.
La Costa Boy For Life

Kenny Mollica
Nature Boy
Nature Boy

Post by Kenny Mollica » Tue May 03, 2005 3:21 pm

Rixty Six,

Thanks for a killer weekend. Both courses were fun, especially the barefoot one !!! You set us up real nice. The condos were off the heezy!!!!!!!!! Pro athletes, yea thats what we were treated like. Athens lives up to it rep as a fun, hip, party town. Boulder of the south is what I was calling it.

Everything seemed to run smooth and went off without a hitch. I would have loved the normal, false start rules, but hey, I knew the rules once they were changed. C Bark put the pressure on the champ and I folded. Doesn't happen often, but does happen.

I have some killer pics and got doubles for you. I think Geo Myler is posting some up on the Gong show, so come on over and have a look.

Send money. I will call and give you my SS no.

Nature

Michael Niemann

Post by Michael Niemann » Tue May 03, 2005 6:19 pm

Thanks 66! I had a blast at my first big race. I can't wait to do it again. It was great meeting everyone. A good bunch of people with good attitudes. See you all again soon.
Mikemoney
Texas Outlaws

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed May 04, 2005 3:41 pm

Thank you Rick. An unconditional thank you. Just a bit late. And the other thank you on top of that.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed May 04, 2005 4:05 pm

Geez, I gave the guy $40 cash. What more thanks does he want?

What, you expected maybe some gushing approbation?

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Thu May 05, 2005 2:56 am

preshate it homebuzz...

Shane Causey

Post by Shane Causey » Thu May 05, 2005 4:41 pm

Big thanx to 66 and I wasn't even there!!!! Last yrs stoke is still fresh in my mind though and I vow to return next year. Sounds like everyone had their usual great time. It looks like there was a much larger crowd this year than last and that's a big tribute to your efforts. Keep those georgia peaches warm for me...hehehe
luvin my ROE!!