DC Outlaw Jan. 11th

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Russel Cantor, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco

Dan Mitchell

Post by Dan Mitchell » Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:33 pm

Fun time yesterday in DC. Several new faces, some absentees due I think to the ECES.
Quick notes:

All of us are suffering from lack of practice. Crappy winter here in the mid-Atlantic.

Cabbage was SICK fast on setups that no rational human would take through cones.
He had fastest time of the day on the longboard course, but it was in a runoff for 2nd and too late for a 1st.

Brian P(Team Bahne) wins the first Bahne spec class race. How appropiate!

Matt Wilson, very determined, future threat.

Ben, Dan, and other first-timers, good to have you with us.

Bozi, stuck in DC traffic all day, shows up just as the racing is ending. Bummer man, I feel your pain. You guys who live in the DC area and deal with that traffic everyday are nuts!

Brian will be posting the results soon.
Dan Mitchell, aka PA Dan

Matthew Wilson

Post by Matthew Wilson » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:50 pm

Dan--EVERYONE is a threat! :smile:

Thanks to ALL the advice, great conversation, and funny-as-all-hell comments coming from that group (cough, cough, Cabbage.)
Cabbage, hope your not hiding anything up your butt today!!

I have said it in the past many times, but I cannot say it enough...it is the community of slalomers that makes this sport so great. Whether slalom gets huge or shrinks to nothing again, I hope that the zest in this community of racers flourishes. Hanging out and racing with all you guys in D.C. was a thrill. Thanks.

Wes E. all of your advice was heard, and I take suggestions from good people to heart. So I will be practicing; I've got people to beat this season and my cones to earn back from TK.

I gotta give a big 'ol bag of props to Ohm. Not only is he fast, but he still pulls off great times even when he has guys shouting crude comments after him as he enters the course. Talk about a great competitor.

I could go on and on, but if you wanna know more just show up for one of the next races with these guys.

Talk about fun!!
slalom is good