[2011] Wiggle War July 18-19

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Tom Mangelsdorf
Mangels
Mangels

[2011] Wiggle War July 18-19

Post by Tom Mangelsdorf » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:35 pm

One week from today!!!!! They only went as far out as Friday on this morning's weather forecast, but it's supposed to be sunny and mid-70's. Let's all hope and pray it lasts all weekend!

The orange barrels are going up on Main St. I was really hoping they could hold off on that until after the Wiggle War. What's one more week, right? But that shows how much influence I have at city hall. Not at all like Lenny, who got the city of Ashland to repave a whole downtown city block for his race. Lenny is my hero. It's only for a couple blocks right as you get off highway 151. No where near where we will be racing.

Here is are some addresses to help you GPS or Google Map your way:
--- My house is at 1708 Rustic Dr, Sun Praire, WI, 53590
--- Saturday morning's race is at 301 Blankenheim in Sun Prairie, WI, 53590
--- Saturday afternoon's race is at the intersection of S. Walker Way and Claremar in Sun Prairie, WI, 53590
--- Sunday morning's race is at the intersection of Muskett Ridge and Harvest Ln in Sun Prairie, WI, 53590

The Saturday morning race is right at the Colonial Club Senior Center. They are the charity that all your entry fees go to support. They are also having a 5K and 10K run Saturday morning that kicks off at 6:30. So by the time we get there, there are already thousands of people there, and parking is scarce. Add a little extra time to park and walk the last few blocks.

My wife's number 1 hobby is cooking and baking. She totally looks forward to the Wiggle War every year to practice her craft. The Saturday night bar-b-que is the stuff legends are made of, and is not even close to being merely a "bar-b-que". It is a FEAST of epic, epicurian proportions. I have heard the menu plans, and she will be busy all week getting this one together. The Mangelsdorf house is a smoke-free, alcohol-free environment, but you will NOT want to miss this feast!

I can't wait to see you all. If you need it, my cell phone number is 608-630-0184. I trust you completely to not give it out to strangers. 8-)

To those of you planning on pitching a tent in the backyard: I promise to scoop all the dog poo Friday afternoon. When she wakes up in he morning she needs to go out and "water the grass", so you may be wakened by a small black lab named Cassi sniffing around your tent. She barks, but is harmless. I swear.
Gravity is a terrible thing to waste.

Tom Mangelsdorf
Mangels
Mangels

Re: Wiggle War update

Post by Tom Mangelsdorf » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:29 am

Holy Jeebus! I made a mistake on the Saturday afternoon race location. Thanks to Steve Pederson for noticing. The race is at S Walker Way and Linnerud.
Gravity is a terrible thing to waste.

Tom Mangelsdorf
Mangels
Mangels

Re: Wiggle War update

Post by Tom Mangelsdorf » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:51 am

Sorry it took me 'till today, but here are the complete results:

Tight Slalom – A
1 Jason Yerke
2 Steve Pederson
3 Paul Price
4 Derek Yerke