Bahne Pro Racer and Signature Model

Bahne Slalom Boards

Moderator: Stan Strocher

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Bahne Pro Racer and Signature Model

Post by Jack Smith » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:37 am

After two years of negotiations, Bahne Skateboards has signed a "World Class" professional slalom skateboard racer to represent Bahne. This racer's new model will be called the "______ ________" Mystery Ship.

Stan and I are stoked.

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

The secret is out...

Post by Jack Smith » Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:47 am

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:50 am

Jack what are the specs on these boards? CURIOUS. Eddy Texas Outlaw

Brady Mitchell

Post by Brady Mitchell » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:57 am

Jack,
I wish you and PD great success in this endeavor.
Got ants?

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Specs and other stuff

Post by Jack Smith » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:38 pm

Eddie, here you go. Brady, thanks for your kind words.

Available in 30" and 36" lengths
Full 1" camber
Foam/glass/Foam
Rolled riding surface

Each board will be personally signed and numbered by "The Captain".

I dig Palmer's attitude. He saw a need for an event, and stepped up and made it happen. His event will be epic.

On Sunday at 2:00pm there will be a grass roots event in San Luis Obispo. Local, tiki maker, Johnny Miller has put this race together. He's gathered up slalom boards and safety gear for those without. He's also promoted the event with posters, handed out flyers at Farmer's Market in SLO and word of mouth. He's also been out at the hill (a new housing development) sweeping and blowing.

I'm so stoked that Johhny has the energy to do this, he loves slalom and skateboarding. I want to encourage all of you who read this forum to put on grass roots events. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate, just a mellow hill, easy courses and lots of encouragement for the rookies. If you have any questions about putting together a race, please contact me, I have copies of letters written to cities and recreation departments. I also have release forms that you can modify for your use.

On another front..."The Lords of Dogtown" feature film is in pre-production. The script was written by Stacy Peralta. The director is Catherine Hardwicke ("13"). I read the script and enjoyed it. The 1975 Bahne-Cadillac Del Mar Nationals will be recreated for the film. Both the freestyle platform and slalom ramp will be constructed. Measurements of the slalom ramp: 15' tall, 30' wide, 100' of inclined surface and 50' of flat surface. Stan and I having been working with the producers in regards to the Bahne-Cadillac event. We're supplying period correct equipment and clothing.

The 1975 Bahne-Cadillac contest was the first skateboarding competition I participated in, so it's been quite interesting to re-visit the past. It's hard to believe that almost 30 years have past since that first roll down the Bahne ramp. I am more involved in skateboarding now than I have ever been and enjoying every bit of it. I'm one lucky guy. I'd like to thank all of you who have supported the events I have organized, supported Bahne and supported "Skateboarding Across America - On Board for Lowe Syndrome". And most of all I want you to know how much I appreciate and cherish the support the readers of this forum offered me when my son, "Jack Marshall", passed away last May.

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:59 am

Jack,
Keep it up, and keep us posted!!!!

The DC Slalom scene is growing!!!

Life is good!

Q