Spec Class Racing

Bahne Slalom Boards

Moderator: Stan Strocher

Curt Kimbel
RoeRacing
RoeRacing

Post by Curt Kimbel » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:48 am

We are going to start a spec class here in the DC area. Everyone must ride the same board/truck/wheel combo. Only bushings, bearings and risers can be changed. this class will be in addition to our extremely popular longboard class and our traditional open class.

Currently the plan is to go with the Bahne Black Hill complete. The board comes with everything, including grip tape for $100.

The goal is to attract and retain new racers, without asking them to shell out several hundred dollars for a competitive set up.

If anyone else is interested, or has any additional ideas, please let us know.

We'll keep you posted.

Curt

Tim Keasbey

Post by Tim Keasbey » Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:52 am

Curt, any pointers to where I can find one a: "Bahne Black Hill complete"

Thanx

Brian Morris

Post by Brian Morris » Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:33 am

check out http://www.Bahneskateboards.com

I ride a Bahne, and I love it!!

"Brain"
Wobbler

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:19 pm

Curt,

I hope you didn't mind that I moved this topic to the Bahne forum.

I really like the idea. It promotes on many levels. I would like to see the top five racers run this...

adam

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:16 pm

Suggestions:

Many (MANY) people already have Tracker RTX/S tracks and they like them better then Tracker Fulltrucks. Even if somebody doesn’t have the new trucks yet, their use will not be limited to the spec-class racing.

Allow racers to use at least 84-86A hub (as in non-Cambria) wheels instead of 77-78A that are only good for a couple of sessions.

The price difference will be almost 0 if the wheels, the trucks and the board are bought separately in the off-season. Right now, for example.

That is not to take away from Bahne, but to insure a better beginner set-up, part of which can be used in other racing classes.

And I like the carbon fiber boards more. And only $50?! Maybe Bahne would be willing to sell other slalom packages that include RTX/S?

I appreciate your opinions and inputs. If we are to start the spec class in DC and on the National level, we gotta decide on the equipment soon, get it and start racing it.

Curt? Jack? Anybody?

Vlad.

Nick Krest

Post by Nick Krest » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:13 am

Vlad -

Bahne sells a Black Hill complete with both RT-X/RT-S and Seismic 110/RT-S on their website. The price is US$119. The wheels have changed from the 74a Turner La Costas to the 78a Cadillac Redlines, as well.

These boards should also be available from shops and distributors worldwide in due time.

Paul Howard

Spec Racing

Post by Paul Howard » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:41 pm

Hey! Good idea. I've talked with other people here in the northwest about a similar goal of simplicity to draw more racers, especially younger racers who don't have much $. My plan was to limit equipment to wood (or homemade) decks, conventional trucks (no offsets, PVDs', TTC's,Radikal, etc), no spendy ceramic bearings, and otherwise leave it open. Thanks- Paul Howard
I just dig slalom!