Jack Smith is living up to his promises

Bahne Slalom Boards

Moderator: Stan Strocher

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Jack Smith is living up to his promises

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:13 am

I thought it would be more than fair to start a new topic, so there's a bit more attention on what I brought up on the recent topic "Living up to promises".
First off I thought Jack was a complete asshole and I think he thought the same about me, which he was rightfully entitled to.
We both had a bad start to say so.
Inbetween we pmed several times and found out, that we have to think otherwise, regarding the other person. Jack is a supernice guy, who is willing to back his shit up-definitely.
So, yesterday the UPS guy shows up with that Bahne box- I just got back to the office, wanted to call it a day, since it was raining.
The box had a shirt, stickers, tape and the deck.
Since I promised to reply on Wednesday I checked the deck, liked it immediately and was curious to see what it can do.
So I decided to disassemble my Soederhall and go to a parking lot which was dry and had a decent downhill slope.
there i was at 9pm setting the course, full of anticipation.
the setup i used was a 110mm indy in the front, airflow offset in the back, cut down 3dms ranging from 78-90 a .
also some angled riser pads to make the board turn fast enough.
the course was offset,ranging from 5-6 feet cone distances.
before i had the soederhall i was riding a bottlenose deck,similar to the old turner shape,with a strong camber.
the problem i faced with the soederhall is,for myself,that i can't get the pump back i throw into the board.different from boards that flex.i love to use both,my arms and my feet to pump with.

so the black hill offered that possibilty.
stiff with a good response,not too snappy,slight concave(make it a bit more,jack),decent belly,good overall shape,excellent craftsmanship.

after staying at the parking lot for 3 hours,i decided to call it a day(hahahaha-i got home the next day).
the results were very positive.board turns excellent,just the way i like it.easy to control in extreme situations,stable ride,what else can i say besides that i sold my soederhall to a friend and i'm gonna keep this deck.
works better for me.other people might think differently about that issue,but the black hill suits my needs fine.

besides that, i have to say "thank you" again for sending me a few goodies along with the deck.

there's only a few left in the industry,who react as jack has done it.

he's backing up what he says,his products are good stuff and well worth the money.

thanks again from my side
apologies also for my previous behaviour,i sincerely hope they will be accepted.

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:32 am

Glad that you guys are getting along again.
I met Jack in Morro Bay 2002 and he is a super nice dude with alot of passion. I did not expect any other reaction.

Hey Jack, have a nice vacation!

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:06 pm

Jack Rocks!

I STILL love my Banshee! And he took the time to help me pick the right one, how many OWNERS take the time to do that?
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Black Hill

Post by Jack Smith » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:38 pm

Hey Donald...

I'm stoked to hear that the Black Hill worked out for you. Thanks for the kind words. No apology needed, I came on a bit strong also. Of course I expect you to wear the Bahne tee whenever you are out skating!

Ron, send me a photo of you riding the Banshee.

Alex Luxat

Re: Black Hill

Post by Alex Luxat » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:26 am

Jack Smith wrote:Hey Donald...
Of course I expect you to wear the Bahne tee whenever you are out skating!
i can affirm that he does!
- instead of wearing a "wefunk racing" shirt - which he is printing for us :(

in fact he came all bahne last practice session.
i also have to say that for a non-glassed deck this seems to be a very very nice ride. -- impossible for me to compete this price tag.

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:46 pm

Jack,

I tried out the Bahne Blackhill you sent us for the July 4th race. I was very impressed. Excellent job at the best price I can find. I hope to pick another one up at the end of the summer.

Very Groovy Decks
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:00 pm

yep...
i dig the color of the shirt, absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i know that the color you sent me is way too wild, wacky, crazy for german standards, but you hit my optic nerve with it and i immediately fell in love with the shirt.
besides that the bahne came in quite handy.i sold my soederhall to a friend and was short of a tight slalom deck.this gave me a good chance to check the bahne. short side notice on the deck. it seems to follow a more straighter line through the course than its predecessor. the mild camber is perfect.only thing that annoys me is that there's not enough concave on the deck. i got really used to the concave of the soederhall. i'm gonna get some pads that chicken does, the next few days and will modify the deck a bit with em.
with a bit more concave that deck seems to be the perfect ride.
i'm also patiently but also anxiously waiting for the foamdeck alex promised to make
hint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The black hill will be a steady companion in my quiver though..

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:41 am

Joey Ramone lives.