Bahne Classic

Bahne Slalom Boards

Moderator: Stan Strocher

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:07 pm

Ok, time warp time.

Yesterday afternoon I was out in the garage assembling some of the new Bahne Classics fiberglass boards, and I as finished the first one, I set it on the floor and stepped back to look at it...and all of sudden it was 1975 again. I know some of you older guys out there remember that magical time when skateboarding was so new, and you couldn't wait to go skate everyday, couldn't wait to get the new issue of Skateboarder, couldn't wait to meet other skaters in your area...hmmm, maybe not that much has changed afterall.

The lines of the new board are very clean, a bit wider than the originals. The ones I set up had Seismic Trucks, some with Cambria wheels and others with La Costas. The boards also come with grip tape, die cut to fit.

Take a minute and check out http://www.bahneskateboards.com, also look for our full page/four color ad in the February issue of Transworld that comes out in mid-December.

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:39 pm

Jack,

Do you have any pictures of the Bahne Classic that you could show us? I think the ones from the 70's are very beautiful as are the new one's I'm sure.

Also, could you bring one to wlac on the 24th?

I look forward to meeting you and riding your boards,

Henry

Brian Parsons

Post by Brian Parsons » Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:14 pm

I just received a Bahne Classic and the finish on this board is perfect. I set it up with some ACS651s and Abec11s.

It is a great classic retro ride. I have not had an opportunity to run cones on it but I think it will prove to be a good slalom board. It is a little heavier than most boards due to the construction but it is a great carver and cruisen board.

I was lucky enough to get one of the yellow ones. I personally would like to see one in that classic blue color.