[Sold] Vintage Bahne Skateboard for-sale

Slalom Skateboarding Equipment
Joshua Newsom

[Sold] Vintage Bahne Skateboard for-sale

Post by Joshua Newsom » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:01 am

I recently purchased for my son Joshua a vintage BAHNE skateboard! The skateboard looked to be vintage so I Googled the name brand!

What I have found is that the board that I have is a vintage BAHNE red fiberglass skateboard from the 1970's era. I read about the history of BAHNE skateboards and I guess some of the Dogtown Boys created this board! You probably all know the history!

I have found only one board on the internet that is similar to mine:

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/sp ... boards.htm

This BAHNE board is worth $179.50 at the Gasoline Alley site! I am wondering what my BAHNE is worth?

When my 8 year old found out that the skateboard was worth so much he wanted to sell it and buy something else. I have purchased him another skateboard! Needless to say the vintage BAHNE has been put up!

If any body would like to purchase this skateboard, my son would appreciate it! He will be monitoriing this forum with great expectation. He would like me to buy him a great carving board! He is a fan of Tony Hawk and has all of the playstation and X-Box games on skateboarding.

This board seems to be hardly used! Apparently the original owner ordered the board with custom TRUCKS and WHEELS.

The TRUCKS are "GULL WING HPG IV".

The WHEELS are "ROAD RIDER # 6".

Everthing is in excellent shape!

Here are some photo's of my board:

If these pictures do not come out My Blog has the same photo's at:

http://broken-bow-oklahoma.blogspot.com/

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

bahne/splits/rr6

Post by Christopher Bara » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:37 pm

hey Josh, pay NO attention to Gasoline Alley or their prices....they are and always have been overprices beyond reason and their board is worth less than 100.00

but YOURS on the other hand...

The deck is actually pretty common...the dang things last forever, but yours is in nice shape and will pull some good coin...

but your trucks and wheels are where the money is...

If you wanted to sell it together, i'd guess it'd pull in the 175.00 area on Ebay

But if you broke it up:
Deck: 40.00
Wheels: 70.00
Trucks: 130.00

Those RR's actually look like they're in great shape, not coned or chunked...the trucks have some grinds and they dont have the kingpin brackets, but they're golds and they'll still attract buyers.

Ebay's a funny thing and goes up and down, but it looks like decent collectible gear is going good right now....probably a good time to sell...

You may want to try selling on SS.com or NCDSA first though, and save yourself the commision and listing fees.....plus it keeps the stuff here in the slalom family

Joshua Newsom

Vintage Bahne Skateboard

Post by Joshua Newsom » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:06 pm

Thanks for the information!

All I am looking to get out of this skateboard is $150.00 plus shipping and handling!

The photo's don't do the board justice. The trucks are not scarred at all and the wheels are perfect. Only thing is that the wheels seem to have darkened somewhat but they are not dry rotted or oxidized!

My boy is already wanting to buy himself a bicycle with any money that he my gain!

Thanks again for the information! I will sell the entire skateboard for that price!

Joshua Newsom

Vintage Bahne Skateboard

Post by Joshua Newsom » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:13 am

SOLD!!!!!

Thanks!!