no
No votes

Total votes: 4

John Yanagihara

abec11 reflex 83a..... who like?

Post by John Yanagihara » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:13 am

complete bushings, same size as untrimmed radikal- $5 each
fresh off the wheel, need larger hole. $3 each
oversizzed blanks- need larger kingpin hole. can be trimmed to any shape you want- $4 each

Luke Melo
Luke
Luke

Post by Luke Melo » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:34 am

i think the most effective duro's would be 77a reflex and 83a reflex, as they are between the duros of radikals.
mmmmmmmm........... cookies :)

John Yanagihara

sold

Post by John Yanagihara » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:02 pm

all the bushings are sold.... will have some 75a up in the coming weeks

what would be the best size/ shape ?

stims, khiro, rads, jimz?

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

Post by Steve Collins » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:26 pm

two things:

Reflex urethane doesn't come in 75a. I think the softest reflex is 77a (pink).

I have a number of bushings I've made from 75a regular Abec11 urethane. The stuff is the s###. It's really good, as good or better than Stimulator urethane.

John Yanagihara

75a

Post by John Yanagihara » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:06 am

i know that 75a isnt reflex.

i just wanted to know what shapes people prefer for slalom. i was thinkin about doing khiro size, because alot of popular slalom trucks work best with the barrel width of a khiro. but idk, maybe people want stim shapes..... or rads....

Eric Brammer

Little round thingies

Post by Eric Brammer » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:49 am

John, while I'm not buying, I'd suggest this shape (which I've done to Rads and a Stim or two). Go with a conical shape that's 1-3/8" at the fat end, and tapers to 15/16" at the smaller end. You can play with this a bit in terms of how deep you leave the 'fat' end. With stiffer Rads (90A+), I've found that leaving a fat 'rim' about 3/16" high makes for a nice progressive flex as a rear bushing; you get rebound, but just enough stiffness for a 'thrust' platform. With softer bushings used in front, the conical taper should be enough to keep the hanger from impinging on the bushing at it's severest lean + turn angle. I'll often draw the conical angle down to the base, just for that reason (and/or use a smaller O.D. at the base, say 1-1/4"). You'll need a means by which you can stabley spin the bushing against an abrasive or file. Mounting a bastard file in a vice, while putting the bushing on a knurled bolt that's chucked to a drill has worked fine for me, even though I'd prefer a hobbyist's Lathe for accuracy. Keep in mind that the basic 'stim' shape is best for rebound control with stability, so it's got a niche of it's own(well, there's JimZ's+Rads), while conically shaped bushings are everywhere, just not in the right duros or sizes. Is there yet another shape that hasn't been offered that'll work better? Offhand, I'd say there is, just figure out what..
;-)
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"