Slalom Skateboarding Equipment
Jason Bortolussi

For Sale ToeStops

Post by Jason Bortolussi » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:26 pm

$10.00 shipped USA with Stainless mounting hardware
Made From 1987 Sims Switchblade Snowboard

Eric Brammer

Post by Eric Brammer » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:43 am

Nice work Jason, but as someone who was actively riding for Sims in '88, I gotta ask whether the board that these came from was "totaled" or 'rescueable' ? If the former, cool, good bit of recycling (and, those bits will, as board pieces, of course help you go Faster! Karma...), if the latter, please, consider what you're cutting into, a bit of history and all. Not that I haven't done similar feats in the past (like taking a Burton Cruiser and making it into a waterski-like longboard; ahem), just a respectful request that (now that we actually Have Sk8/Snowboard Museums like The Podium) you[and others] think before you dice any old board into something 'other' than it's original or as-is state of being. Of course, if it's already un-usable, hey, make it into something Cool, like these Toeblocks!! [Hmm. I've got an old M-5 in the barn...)
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Jason Bortolussi

Post by Jason Bortolussi » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:05 am

This board had a snapped nose and was split down the middle to the front binding.
I have been snowboarding since 1984 lived most of my life in SLC
I donated quite a few boards to museums and boardshops for display,
Wintersticks, Burtons, Barfoots, Avalanche in Salt lake, and Park City, Brighton

I had cut up a old dead burton cruise 145 (pictured below) into a pedestriam/slalom skateboardand made a few toesops from the leftovers, they turned out really cool so I made a bunch more from this Switchblade

The Slalom Skateboarding community reminds me alot of the early days of Snowboarding
befor it was ruined by ESPN, Redbull, Movie Premiers, FuelTV,mindless shows like Danny & the Dingo, etc.

I think its rad to have a piece of the oldschool on my slalom boards

Brighton Ut. Dec. 1987