Slalom Skateboarding in "Tony Hawk Pro Skater 6"

Internet, Magazine, TV, Radio

Moderator: Maria Carrasco

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:50 am

Does anyone here know Tony Hawk?

I think it would be a good idea for the video game if they had a slalom skateboarding segment. I've asked anyone who has the game if they thought that would be a cool feature, all say "YES"

When I was a confused young person skateboarding Del Mar Skate Ranch, I called Tony a "punk" I think he was about 12. He may still be pissed at me...

:smile:

Just kidding, I think he ripped then and especially now.

Really, any thoughts on this idea???

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:54 pm

That's a great idea!

Actually I have tried to get hold of Tony, Per (Welinder) and Rodney by e-mail recently in other matters but with no luck. I guess they get tons of e-mail and I probably get filtered out. I'll have a go again soon.

But if you like playing games and want some slalom feeling I have good news for you. There are some very nice surfing titles out on the shelves right now where you can actually get that slalom feeling. They are really well done I think and I'm sure a slalom skater, well any skater by the way, will get a kick of riding those waves.

/Corky

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:10 pm

Yes, I bought the kids, "Kelly Slater Pro Surfer" and I play this one myself. We have a large screen and it is fun to pull in backdoor tubes, balance, then slash out on the face of the wave. Great graphics, the wave looks good. Yes, very turny, I like the feel. BTW, kudo's for the music on this one.

My Jacob has Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4. It has bank slalom at Kona, butt boarding too, kinda cool. My kids say it's lame compared to tight or giant slalom. I think they are saying this because they want to make their father happy.

At one level of the game, in London, the "girl fight bet" is quite odd. You bet on one of the two slappers, (girls who slap fight) and win money to buy skills or video's in the game. But fighting is bad, way over the top... If your kids have the game, check it out and try to keep a straight face.

Back to slalom.

Chris Raezer

Post by Chris Raezer » Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:04 am

I've always thought a slalom video game would be cool. Maybe going after Robert Kotick at <a href="http://www.activision.com" target="_blank">Activision</a> would be the way to go.