Baltimore/DC trip in May

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Eric Moore
Eric Moore
Eric Moore

Baltimore/DC trip in May

Post by Eric Moore » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:09 pm

Hey guys!
I'm coming out to Baltimore for a conference the week of May 23, and I was thinking about tacking a weekend on to the front or back of the trip for a chance to skate some cones with my DC brethren, just like old times. Anybody going to be around and wanna skate? Which weekend would be better? I know it's a ways away, but since the university is paying for my travel I have to book it soon. I miss those sessions at the ol' P&R!

John Dillon

Any wknd is good...

Post by John Dillon » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:13 pm

but I know that some folks might be going to STL(5/28-29) and lbk & I were talking about hiking and snowboarding down Tuckerman's Ravine, in NH, the 28-29th. I also think the 28-29th is a holiday wknd...so, it's your pick, Eric. Of course, we'd love to see you....Tway was in town for a conference last year and BP and I got together with him but it was too rainy to skate....so....maybe the wknd before is best for me....but others will be around the following wknd if that's best for you. It's good hearing from you.....how thin is the air in colo?

Eric Moore
Eric Moore
Eric Moore

Post by Eric Moore » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:28 am

It looks like I'll be coming out on Saturday May 21. You going to be around that weekend John? Are you in the Baltimore area, or are you closer to DC? I haven't booked the flight yet, so I might be able to get in early enough on Saturday to skate that afternoon, but a Sunday session might be the best bet. So who's up for a session on Sunday May 22 with a long lost brother?

John Dillon

Come on out!

Post by John Dillon » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:24 pm

I live 30 mins from BWI and Baltimore, an hour or more from DC, way more if there's traffic......Lansdowne is only 10 mins from BWI...yea, anytime you want to skate is cool...we'll work around your schedule. It'll be good to see you!

John Dillon

Oh yea,

Post by John Dillon » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:26 pm

the P&R is over an hour away from BWI...but whichever airport you get the best deal, then go for it......do u need a place to crash before the conference,Eric? If so, I've got space for ya.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:40 pm

It looks like I'll be coming out...So who's up for a session on Sunday May 22 with a long lost brother?

With a brother? Who's lost? <b>And</b> who's coming out? I'll skate.

Eric Moore
Eric Moore
Eric Moore

Post by Eric Moore » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:00 am

Cool, guys. I'm looking forward to it. My ticket still isn't booked due to annoying university beauracracy, but it in all likelihood I'll be flying in to BWI. I expect they will put me up Saturday night, as the conference officially starts on Sunday, but there's nothing I'm interested in attending until Monday. I'll let you guys know as soon as my travel plans are finalized. BTW, does anybody know if there is a convenient bus or train between Baltimore and DC?

John Dillon

Yo Eric!

Post by John Dillon » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:24 pm

Eric.....you can catch a MARC Train outside Camden Yards(where the Orioles play) in downtown Baltimore and it will take you to Union Station in DC, near the Capitol! Also, there's a light rail station at BWI that will take you straight into downtown Baltimore as well. There's also a subway line that will take you from downtown Baltimore out to Owings Mill station about 15 mins from my house. To get to DC, take the MARC train from Baltimore. Need to crash at my place? You are welcome to do so! Bringyour slalom board....for a Park-n-Ride Outlaw session/race!

Michel Temoche

Eric's visit

Post by Michel Temoche » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:21 pm

You can also catch Amtrack from 1501 N Charles St in Baltimore. Amtrak will have more trains and get you there faster than MARC. Marc is a commuter train, operates at rush hour. There is also a train station at BWI serviced by both Amtrack and Marc. There is a metro that goes to Gaithersburg that you can catch from Union Station in DC. There is a Marc station in old town Gaithersburg. From old town or Shady Grove in metro G'burg, it's a short Ride-on bus ride to P&R.

Eric Moore
Eric Moore
Eric Moore

Post by Eric Moore » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:39 am

Cool. Sounds like there are plenty of options for getting back and forth. I don't want to be stuck in one city when I want to be in the other. John, thanks for the offer to crash at your place. I should have a hotel room in Baltimore Saturday night, but if it makes getting to a Sunday slalom session that much easier, I might take you up on your offer. We can make more of a plan once the time approaches. I'm looking forward to the possibility of an outlaw race! I miss the old P&R!

Eric Moore
Eric Moore
Eric Moore

Post by Eric Moore » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:22 am

Flight is booked. I'm arriving into BWI at 4:00 pm on Saturday the 21st.

I'm looking forward to a DC session (race?) on Sunday, and it looks like I'll be hitting the St. Louis race on the way home!

John Dillon

Now you are jetset!

Post by John Dillon » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:29 pm

Cool, we'll c ya when u get here...let me know if need to get picked up from BWI, Eric.