Anxiously waiting...

Split-Fire Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Gary Fluitt

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Splitfires...Worth the wait...

Post by Martin Drayton » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:55 am

Gary and Wax... Thank you for producing an awesome truck! Just had my 1st ride on the 90mm and firstly, there was virtually no "break-in" period - they felt like I had always had them.
Secondly, they were so superbly responsive for TS. The courses I set, 5ft 6" - 6ft 6" (a nasty ass TS with lots of offsets, step-overs, hips etc) was no problem with them.
Not to mention how pretty they look on my board ;)....

See y'all @ Morro...

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:42 pm

nice ride!

i also just got a 90mm split and i run it in front with an indy offset rear. very nice! but i do have a question, when you go from the 110mm and then switch it over to 90mm, what sort of ride differences should you expect?

thanks
No vestido para mi

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

The difference?

Post by Martin Drayton » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:05 pm

Hi Adam, I went from a 110mm Gus to my 90mm Split, however, because of the width of my board and the fact I am on centreset wheels, I opted to use the wider spacers on the front and the narrow ones on the back (I prefer it that way) for stability.

generally going narrower will quicken the response, make it more manoeverable...but more "tippy" and harder to balance or maintain stability. Just depends how you like it to feel and how tight the course is.

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:37 pm

i see. i guess because of my light weight i can't benefit much from the narrower trucks because i would have less leverage over the bushings. i also like to have lots of lean because i am used to snowboarding and like to crank some turns. with the split spaced to 110mm in front and an indy 101 (but with spacers to prevent wheel rub on the arms) spaced to about 117mm and a homemade deck with a 19" inner hole length i can run 5.5ft spacing (felt awesome).

maybe the 90mm would work better for me with some white khiros. right now i have a yellow stim on bottom and a blue bones hardcore on top.

pictures......

No vestido para mi

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:41 am

martin:i like your board design,very nice shape which looks really effective.

keep on the stoke

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:16 am

Adam,

Nice setup!!!!!! I have one of those TK offsets too. It is a bit wide when it's spaced to fit avalons, but I like it for GS.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Worth the wait!!!

Post by Martin Drayton » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:52 pm

Well, after a little wait, got my Dragonslayer 90mm's. I rode them once before Morro and there was NO adjustment time needed to get used to them. Predictable, easy to use/adjust (can't be doing with taking kingpins off),smooth turning and beautifully finished.
Cannot praise them too highly, as they allowed me many clean runs on the TS course due to their ability to fine tune your turns with their ease of use!
Thanks Fluitt and Wax for all your hard work and providing a truck good enough to get you on the podium for those of us that are financially challenged!

Paul Price and Eddie Spearing picked up a pair of uncoated silver ones that looked very bling!