2003 season teaser

Slalom Skateboarding in California

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Scott Peer

Post by Scott Peer » Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 pm

The slalom races are in the planning stages, with races at West LA College again this season, plus one hopefully at Mammoth, plus another possible location. We'd like to have the permits being processed before making announcements, to make sure that cancelled dates don't take on lives of their own.

We're looking forward to continued support from our sponsors: Turner Downhill wheels,
Oust Bearings, Ed Economy longboards.

See you skating this spring!

Maria Carrasco
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President

Post by Maria Carrasco » Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:19 pm

As for "possible other venues" -- heard from Saddleback College contact -- the proposal is "before the president" who has been seriously preoccupied with budget cut meetings and planning. They have my WLAC demo video in hand and I'm hoping for some feedback next week when prez is back and can "see" for herself how cool, fun and safe this series is. Think positive thoughts . . .

Maria Carrasco

Post by Maria Carrasco » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:27 pm

As we're gearing up for the 2003 season -- I'm putting the finishing touches on my recap of the WLAC Experience (1999 - 2002) and will be offering soon on VHS/DVD.

And now for some fond memories of that season past -- here are some images of Richy "Brown Bomber" Carrasco and his "loot" from the season wrap awards party in Dec. 02 . . .
sorry – couldn’t resist posting these as well --

– GO BB!

:wink:

Rene Carrasco
TEAM CARRASCO
TEAM CARRASCO

Post by Rene Carrasco » Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:44 pm

Well deserved photo's of Richy C. - the BROWN BOMBER!....which I think anyone can attest to.....that's had to race against him that last season, 2002 at WLAC! WHEW ! ! !

The WLAC Races are such a good time - all you skaters out there, try to make it out there this racing season!

Great photography Maria- cool photo's.....
especially the first one! Was that taken with an expensive digital camera? Sure looks like it.

Thanks for always being there, for my bro.

.........-Rene' "Flying" Carrasco Brother.
RENE CARRASCO for - SK8KINGS.COM - Abec 11 Wheels - Tracker Trucks - Khiro Skateboard Products - Nitro Racing Bearings - Vans Skate Shoes !

David Hegstrom
Skaterbuilt.com
Skaterbuilt.com

Post by David Hegstrom » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:04 pm

Yeah Scott! Hooray for RichyC-the heart and soul of the SSS! Can't wait to race WLAC this year! It's gonna be sooooooooooo fun.
Thanks Scott. And thanks Maria.