The Farm Outlaw Series

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Scott Snow

Post by Scott Snow » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:57 pm

It's sounds like you might have that transition itch. I'll bring the Bulldog.
Ships Captain
Team Fatboy

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:39 pm

Follow the wheel to NJ..........

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Okay!

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:43 pm

We may actually be able to make that one. I need to practiceeeeeeeeeeeeee! Texas was a while ago!!!!!!!!
Many Happy Pumps!

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Re: Boston Marathon day race

Post by John Gilmour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:49 am

Wesley Tucker wrote:
John Gilmour wrote:April 16- Patriots day...
Easter Sunday.
April 17th.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:59 pm

In true outlaw fashion....follow this link and sign up so we can have an idea who will be attending.

Thanks.

http://www.atfreeforum.com/summerski/vi ... =summerski

Username: farmoutlawracer

password: slalom

Pls log out when finished.

Robert J Herten

Post by Robert J Herten » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:42 pm

Any idea what the course is going to be at the Jersey Race? GS? TS? STS? SGS? S.N.F.U.? Double Secret Probation?

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:51 pm

I think the hill lends itself to GS.

Keep practice thhat cyber slalom, you'll be all set

Sucka

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:35 pm

Ron Barbagallo wrote:We want a catamaran class!!
Do I hear a challenge?

will there be any limits on the catamerang class? How many wheels- board length, number of people allowed in the catamerang?

Just wanna Know.

ANY BTW...

Since we have a nice series going...How about we get a bunch of flyers printed up and send them off to The manufacturers to put in boxes with gear (gong to both shops and distributors and direct sales) so new people can come and race with us.

What I would like to see is a sticker that went on wheels and trucks pointing people to competition info.

Flyering a local shop every time you go into buy shoes would be a good idea also. No special trip required. So Tway can you make a poster that we can print off? If everyone puts a poster up every time they go to a skate shop- we will get results...perhaps not immediately- but certainly the longer we do it the more response we will get.

I need to buy some shoes- soon.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:07 pm

Hahahahaha!!!!

Oh, I'm SOOOOOO gonna run my 6-wheeler in the catamaran race!!
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:11 pm

JG,

I thought you retired? Does that not apply to catamaran races? No rules for equipment. It is a three man team. Two riders, one pusher. It will be held in a loose GS course. No time penalty on cones, but you get kicked in the "bathing suit area" if you it one.

Joe

Robert J Herten

Post by Robert J Herten » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:30 pm

Joe Iacovelli wrote:I think the hill lends itself to GS.

Keep practice thhat cyber slalom, you'll be all set

Sucka

Hey Joe, this is just a quick reminder of what we did before we got obessed with slalom:

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/38051

That's Anthony and Tyler, who also both happen to have the fastest cyber time out of our group so far.

I think they'll be just fine with GS.

Not me though, I'm still a giant wuss ;)

Can you say the P word on this forum?

Rob

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Farm Outlaw Warmup Sesh

Post by William Tway » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:14 am

Righteous first day of running cones in '06. Many thanks to El Capitan, the first mate and all the new deck hands. A lot of new blood coming into this year’s farm series.

Special thanks to the hood sportin' the beard. Very proud to be your teammate.

Let's do it again soon.

Viva the duke

On the tweak again

TFB Rules!

Robert J Herten

Post by Robert J Herten » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:31 pm

I'd like to retract the statement made above.

My newb butt done got schooled yesterday ;)

And I had a blast doing it.

Thanks to everybody for all the advice and encouragment. Especially Joe, thanks to your coaching I went from not being able to make the course to running it clean a few times before the end of the day. I'm stoked and I can't wait till the 23rd so I can skate with all you guys again.

I'm going to make a new post in the Fatboy section and list the times from yesterday.

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:54 am

Guys whats the address for the NJ race? the same then last year?
bring doughnuts for the cops that may show up
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Troy Smart

Post by Troy Smart » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:07 am

Yes, do please offer some clue as to where.

I have read "southern New Jersey" but I don't think so.

Could it be the spot where a certian Jersey slalom dude (name rhymes with Blowa) practices?

A three letter bank sponsored arena perhaps?

Jersey's kind of big. Maybe you could start with the name of the county.

Thanks.

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:09 am

I dont want to rain in the parade, but anybody have a forecast on the race site?

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:24 am

April 23
Homdel NJ
Yes its Blowa's practice spot
It is not NOT southern NJ

Joe

Rui Soares

Post by Rui Soares » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:31 am

I was telling a friend who is a photographer about the event and he is interested in coming to take pictures. Would that be OK with the organizers of the event?

Also, what time does it start?

Joe Iacovelli, should I still bring that landy dh to trade?

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:14 am

race is at 10, practice before that
photos are Ok but we need everything on down low.
No open trunks, hanging out at the cars, coolers, etc.

Bring the DH.

Joe

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Lets be fuckin realistic here

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:02 pm

First race of the series is what in a week? Homdel NJ...so Im gonna drive in my truck that gets 15 miles to the gallon to Homdel NJ and hope to stumble across someone setting up cones? Come get your acts together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this mention of a race HOW ABOUT POSTING ACCURATE TIMES AND PROPER LOCATIONS PLEASE....RIGHT NOW IT SEEMS LIKE A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMARTEN UP ALREADY..... YEA IM PISSED

Rui Soares

Re: Lets be fuckin realistic here

Post by Rui Soares » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:17 pm

Curt DeBartolo wrote:First race of the series is what in a week? Homdel NJ...so Im gonna drive in my truck that gets 15 miles to the gallon to Homdel NJ and hope to stumble across someone setting up cones? Come get your acts together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this mention of a race HOW ABOUT POSTING ACCURATE TIMES AND PROPER LOCATIONS PLEASE....RIGHT NOW IT SEEMS LIKE A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMARTEN UP ALREADY..... YEA IM PISSED
Im sure Joe will do just that. He expessed some concern about telling the location of the event too early and getting the spot blown up by having alot of racers practicing on the hill during the week prior to the event.This is an outlaw event after all.
I used to race in alley cats in NYC and it was the same M.O. No one knew the exact course or location until just a few hours before the event. Right now you know the town and the time. Holmdel NJ, race starts at 10am. You want an event that gives you exact time and location well in advanced, then outlaw events probably arent for you.
As for the 15 MPG truck, with the price of gas, I can understand why your pissed. I feel your pain on that brother.

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:57 pm

Rui,
I appreciate your concern, however, please do not tell me what is good for me or not. I plan on attending all races of the series like I attended most of them last year...where were you? Considering most of the same people are racing in the series and there was a sign up, a somehwhat accuarate number of participants is known. There is nothing wrong with running outlaw races and if the place is that shady where we'll get busted then planning should go into another place. I am in the postion to piss and moan and you can say "well organize your own races". Ill tell you if I was organizing or in charge of planning, I would make sure that I effectively communicated what the deal was ahead of time. Balancing school full time, work full time and literally a handful of women, knowing the day before a race where the location is Sucks.

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

and

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:02 pm

and all that had to be posted was issues concerning the spot..something to the effect of :no practicing on the hil ..bla bla bla...most on the series are pretty respectful and can abide by set rules...but we have nothing to go on..ITS CALLED COMMUNICATION AND EFFECTIVE ORGANIZING.

Rui Soares

Post by Rui Soares » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:43 am

My bad, Ill be there and if you are Ill apologize to you in person. Sorry bro, I was only trying to allay you anger not knowing the spot.

Rui

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:49 am

I see your point...its the communication and lack of organizing for the first event and if there is any organizing happening..my bad...make it be known to those who are willing to race...no hard feelings

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:28 am

William Tway wrote:Sign Up Here For Outlaw Race#1:

In true outlaw fashion....follow this link and sign up so we can have an idea who will be attending.

Thanks.

http://www.atfreeforum.com/summerski/vi ... =summerski

Username: farmoutlawracer

password: slalom

Pls log out when finished.
DIRECTIONS EMAILED TO CURT
MORE INFO TO FOLLOW FOR EVERYBODY ELSE
NOTHING MYSTERIOUS
GS ON A GOOD HILL
TS ON A MILD HILL IF WE GET BOOTED
CATAMRAN RACE FOR FLAIR POINTS

PLEASE GO BACK TO YOUR EGGS - HAPPY EASTER

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:52 pm

Joe, thanks for providing the run-down. I apologize to everyone (except cmc) for the apparent lack of info. This is a great spot to skate, but in all honesty, I’m a little nervous. I’ve never had more than about 5 people gather at PNC to ride. The idea of potentially having 30 or more people show up to race a hill that we do NOT have permission to ride is daunting. Bottom line: TRAVEL AT YOUR OWN RISK. There is a 50-50% chance we are asked to leave.

If we do get booted, we’ll move over to the parking lot at the Middletown train station for some dual tight racing. The surface sucks, so bring soft wheels in case we have to race there. It’s close and easy, so it’s the best alternative. Whatever happens, bring a pool/park board and plan on hitting the Sayreville skate park on your way home.

PNC Bank Arts Center is located at exit 116 off the Garden State Parkway. From the north, follow the exit ramp around to the left where it opens up to a 4 lane road that passes back under the parkway. Stay toward the right and follow the road up the hill toward the venue. At the top, you’ll see Memorial Way on the right – turn right and follow Memorial Way past the Viet Nam Memorial all the way to the end.

We MUST keep a low profile. Please keep your cars closed, no tents, chairs, grills, coolers on the road, etc. We simply need to NOT look like we own the place. We will see plenty of cars, so we’ll have to limit the course to only use half the road. If the police happen to drive back there that morning, having our cars closed and looking like we’re responsible citizens having healthy fun on a Sunday morning can only help us. Helmets and pads required.

Single lane “hybrid.” It will be looser and faster at the top and will get tight as the road levels out. Guesstimate - 12 to 5.5 foot cone spacing. 35-45 cones.

Best of 3 runs. If we all get at least one run, then we are told to leave, we will officially have enough to call it a ‘race.’ ….but we’ll go for 3 runs each. I reserve the right to make it best of 4 runs on the fly (depending on how things are going). If we finish the ‘main’ event and things are looking good as far as time, cops, ect, we’ll reset something else (maybe on the bigger hill).

There will be a catamaran race for pie.

Bitch amongst yourselves….

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:21 pm

9AM practice
10 AM race
This Sunday 4/23

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:31 pm

Duh....thanks again Joe. Yes, we will start timed runs at 10am sharp. Practice at 9 or earlier.

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:34 pm

I will have fresh pie!!
Evil Potentate

Sean Cunningham

Post by Sean Cunningham » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:41 pm

Looks like I entered my sorry self in this thing... Never done any GS before... Oh wells, theres a first time for everything!

When in doubt... eat a pie!

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:06 am

Sean,

Show up and try. You'll get much respect for it. If you come at 9 or before, you can consider me your personal coach. Come at 10 and ask a bunch of questions? Good luck with that :-)

It's an outlaw race and the first one of the season. Every first timers goal is to show up and post a time. Anything else is gravy.

Joe

Brian Peck
Pizzle
Pizzle

Post by Brian Peck » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:35 am

I'm psyched for this, let's do it up boys.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Have a Good One Folks!

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:07 pm

Due to my re-building schedule for the sk8park I cannot come down with the crew.

We hope you all have a great session and look forward to seeing you later in the year. The new Farm date for this years makes it seem likely that my record of one on - one off will remain in tact.

Hopefully some of the other events will work out better with our busy schedule this year. You would think that with the sk8park closed it would make it easier to get away.
Many Happy Pumps!

Colin Townrow

Post by Colin Townrow » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:37 am

Hey all my name is Colin, and Im really itchin to come to this race. The only problem is that I cant find any transportation to the spot at the moment. So if there is anybody coming from South of the MD PA border and is willing to give a friend a ride please let me know. I am more than willing to pay for gas and tolls and I can meet anybody right off of I-95.
Clean Skate

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:05 pm

Colin, hope you can make it.

Everyone,
A couple of things: the forecast is definitely making things interesting. Keep an eye on it and use your own judgement before hitting the road. If rain is imminent, we'll try to officially cancel the race by 6ish Sunday morning. But showers will probably be spotty, so I think we'll get this thang off in one way or another.

As planned, the course will be 'hybrid', but anticipate that it will be more tight than GS. Both hill options at this location are fast, so even if ther cones are 8 feet apart, you'll be wigglin 'cause of the speed.

Sean Cunningham

Post by Sean Cunningham » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:12 am

Hmmm... thoughts of lathing rain grooves in my grippins are going through my brain...

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:17 am

The forecast has gotten worse. …And grooves in the wheels aren’t gonna work. Sorry everyone, but it’s best to CANCEL this one.

…Rather we’ll postpone it. New date is Sunday, April 30. Same deal.

Damn…

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:34 am

bummer. gotta think of new excuses to skip work.

Sean Cunningham

Post by Sean Cunningham » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:13 am

Ooooh... that works even better. NICE! Bummer though... I was all psyched for this weekend... Better safe than sorry.

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:46 am

Thanks for the update Noah, 2nd year in a row the NJ race gets rained out. Reminds me of last year when myself and the black socks guy got all drunk at TK's parents house. TK stayed home. At about 3am, he came down towards the living room and bailed it heavily on the steps. An hour later, his dog came down and bailed it on the same steps as well. Funny shit.

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

6 and under wheels div.

Post by William Tway » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:30 am

Practicing for the upcoming farm series.

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:02 pm

Alright, it’s NOT gonna rain this time! We’re on for Sunday.

To accommodate some that are traveling, we’re going to push the start time back to 11. Practice starts at 930. This time shift increases our chances of getting the boot by the cops, and toward mid-day, we’ll also see more and more cars driving through to just look around. We’re going to start racing very promptly at 11 with the goal of getting 3 runs in for everyone – that’ll be the main race. Once that’s done, we can relax….if we get the boot after the main race, so be it. If things are going well after that, we’ll stay and ride different courses and race for pie

PM me if you have any specific questions. See you there.

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:32 am

See u in Jersey..

Sean Cunningham

Post by Sean Cunningham » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:40 pm

Homework SUCKS! Got loaded with about 50 hours of work to do this weekend, which means no race for me... Oh well, there's always next time...

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Mon May 01, 2006 5:02 pm

Here it is!! Photographic proof of Leo giving a bribe to Tway to trim a few seconds off of Noah's time!! You can see Scooter in the middle listening in as Noah said, "Tway, my buddy Leo's got a little somethin' somethin' for ya'. Y'know, maybe my time could be a little better, whaddya' think?"

:) Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Just kiddin' guys! GREAT day, great company, great race - thanks Noah, you really kept it classy ;)

Evil Potentate

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Mon May 01, 2006 5:38 pm

Thanks to everyone who came out for the first race of the 2006 Farm Outlaw Series! I had a great time and I hope everyone else did too.

Congrats to the winner, CMC, and to the fastest junior, Nick Iacovelli who went home with a genuine Jersey shore pork roll.

Results:
CMC – 16.660
Noah – 16.805
13 – 16.993
Troy – 17.916
Joe I – 19.706
Glenn – 19.821
Rob – 20.142
Shane – 20.381
Mike D – 20.843
Dr. Dan – 21.346
Scooter – 22.194
Anthony – 23.337
Fatboy – 23.440
Cheri – 25.540
Nick H
Mason
Nick I
Leo
Shaggy
Brian
Tway - DNS

Dr. Dan

Robert J Herten

Post by Robert J Herten » Mon May 01, 2006 5:47 pm

Thanks again for the race Noah, I had a blast! I can't wait for the next one.

Wow, 2nd race-7th place, I'm pretty stoked on that!

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Mon May 01, 2006 6:11 pm

that picture of Dr Dan is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Evil Potentate

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Mon May 01, 2006 6:41 pm

MAD PROPS TO MY BRO CMC ON THE WIN!!
Last year the weasel still had him, my little 30 year old is growing up. *tear* :P
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW