Interest in New Hampshire Event, September 15-17, 2006?

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Would you participate in an Antrim, NH Slalom Competition?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:53 pm

Yes
94%
No
No votes
Maybe
6%

Total votes: 18

Brian Beihl

Interest in New Hampshire Event, September 15-17, 2006?

Post by Brian Beihl » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:53 pm

Hello:

The Antrim Chamber of Commerce, Antrim, New Hampshire, is considering a slalom event as part of our Home & Harvest Festival. September 15, 16 & 17. We would run a slalom clinic for the local kids, and run a Pro-Am event for the serious racers. Practice & clinic on Saturday 9/16, racing on Sunday 9/17. This would likely be a 40-50 cone road race on a closed course. Antrim, NH is located in south central New Hampshire, northeast corner of the Monadnock Region, 1:45 hours from Boston, 3 hours from Portland. (map on http://www.AntrimCC.com)

Right now we're trying to gauge response from New England racers. Is there interest out there? I didn't see much for New Hampshire competitions. Please post replies and any advice you'd offer.

Thanks,

Brian Beihl
Antrim Chamber of Commerce
Antrim Home & Harvest Festival
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:19 pm

Hey Brian

That sound sweet dude. You can count the whole needham crew in for your event. We'll come and if you need any help I can do anything.

Do you have any pictures of the proposed race site, how's the pitch/ pavement? Would it be single lane jam format or dual head to head racing?

I am not sure how familar you are with slalom, I am holding a small single lane outlaw in 3 weeks, in needham Massachusetts right out side Boston. We'd love you to come down to skate or watch and get the feel for an event.

Also contact Terence Kirby, he's the only slalomer I know of in NH. I'll find his email address and pm it to you.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Brian Beihl

New Hampshire Event

Post by Brian Beihl » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:51 pm

Hi, Karl :

Answers below.

K: That sound sweet dude. You can count the whole needham crew in for your event. We'll come and if you need any help I can do anything.

ACC: Thank you. Most appreciated.

K: Do you have any pictures of the proposed race site, how's the pitch/ pavement? Would it be single lane jam format or dual head to head racing?

ACC: I'll post some pictures of the race hill shortly on the Antrim Chamber web site once the ACC gives the go for the event. We have two parallel roads which are candidates, but the likely road will be Summer Street which starts at a school parking lot and runs about 350' . The good news is that this road is being paved as we speak and should be in top shape for the fall. As as to grade, I'll have to check. We've been running soapbox derby cars on this road for years.

K: I am not sure how familar you are with slalom, I am holding a small single lane outlaw in 3 weeks, in needham Massachusetts right out side Boston. We'd love you to come down to skate or watch and get the feel for an event.

ACC: I spoke with Joe Iacovelli this morning who recommended your event, too. Off with the Boy Scouts that weekend, I'm afraid, but will attend another event in early summer. Joe's going to let me know some dates, and feel free to email of others you know of.

K: Also contact Terence Kirby, he's the only slalomer I know of in NH. I'll find his email address and pm it to you.

ACC: That's great. Saw Terence referred to on the New England regional chat.

THANK YOU, Karl, for the help. I'll be posting more info as soon as the Antrim Chamber gives the go.

Brian Beihl
Chairman
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Eric Brammer

Slalom in Antrim

Post by Eric Brammer » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:05 pm

I'll pass this info along, and see if some of the Green Mt. boys wanna cross the river...
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Brian Beihl

New Hampshire Event

Post by Brian Beihl » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:12 pm

Great. Sounds like there's some interest. Proposal is pending with the festival committee right now. Should have an answer in a week or two.

Brian Beihl
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Canadians Coming!

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:25 pm

Brian this event sounds like it would be a blast. I hadn't posted but was pretty sure I would be making the trip with a crew anyway.

I spoke to Joe I the other day and he told me about your conversations and made it sounds all that much better. We will be planning to be there with a crew.

Eric, I will likely have a couch for you or something anyway! PM me or e-mail me your telephone number just in case it's different from the one I'm going to have to look for, LOL!
Many Happy Pumps!

Brian Beihl

New Hampshire Event

Post by Brian Beihl » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:04 pm

Here's a link to a picture of the proposed course. This is a brand new road surface with finish going on sometime in May.

http://www.antrimcc.com/HomeandHarvestF ... mRace.html

I'll try and get some real measurements for you shortly. Proposal is out with Chamber exec committee, festival director, the director of Parks & Rec. The town administrator has signed on, and I'm going before the festival committee next Monday for final approval.

Brian Beihl
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:19 pm

Brian,
I would most likely be able to skate your event. I have two kids that also race; they would probably be going as well. I live in Beverly Ma about 1.5 hours from you, if you need any help with your event let me know and I will try and help you out. I think if you have a race, they will come.
Regards,
Glenn

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:54 pm

Brian,

I'm not trying to dissuade you from planning your event, but I will let you know one possible conflct.

The September 14-17 weekend is the same date as The La Costa Open in California. Now, that doesn't mean that every skater in New England will head west, but some skaters do consider La Costa the "one event out west" not to miss. Some of the more hardcore slalom skaters in your area might be heading that way.

I know with your festival you're locked in on a date and I wouldn't begin to presume you change you plans. This, though, is just a heads up to let you know that some of the "regulars" who frequent races might not be in Antrim.

Good luck with your planning.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

That's the one!

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:58 pm

I knew the date meant something! Although with the costs of airfaire going way up driving may be the best option for me at that time.

I've already driven to California and I'm not up for that one again. My last flight is likely going to be NC baby!!!
Many Happy Pumps!

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:36 am

Glenn,

No Time to Hate Productions is helping out and we are looking at making this part of the farm series. I was counting on team Chapman. Maybe you can meet us when we scope out the hill.

Joe

Alan Schroeder
Shaggy

2 more in......

Post by Alan Schroeder » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:51 am

Cheri and I would both race.......

Team Fatoldboy
shaggy

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:32 pm

Joe,
Let me know when you are going to check out the hill, I will try and met up up there.

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:29 pm

Brian,

I have helped organize a few events over the years and I would also be more than happy to help with your event. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity to attract more kids (young and old) to the sport of slalom.

If we incorporate your race with No Time To Hate Productions (as Joe mentioned) it should be a good turnout despite the race going on out west on the same day.

I look forward to working with you this summer.

Tway

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:41 pm

Guys, with all due respect, I think the SRA should be handling this one. I'll be there. I have a customer in Hillsboro, I'll try to check out the hill in the next few weeks, looks great from the pic though. Guess I should dust off my slalom board now too with Needham coming up. Oh well, at least I know I'll still beat Karl.

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:43 pm

[quote="Wesley Tucker"]Brian,

Some of the more hardcore slalom skaters in your area might be heading that way.
quote]

Fly to Cali to skate slalom, heh, that's funny.

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:09 am

Grudge Match
Derek "Black Sox" Smith vs. Carlingus "Turtle/Face of Determination/Sausage King" Floitgraff

Cant wait.

Paul Pellerin

NH Slalom Event

Post by Paul Pellerin » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:51 am

Brian,

I'll be at your race. I'd bring a crew, but I'm the only one from Maine that slaloms. Perhaps this will change after the July 22nd, Farm Race held in Maine.

The location looks great, except those grantie crubs. They love foam-core slalom boards.

You don't need to worry about the La Costa race. I have never seen more them a few racers form the Northeast attend a Major/Prime race event out of this area. You can expect 25-50 racers at your event.

Derek - You better dust off that board. Karl has gotten fast. He has been practicing and racing all winter long on a new PPS set-up.

Maine is finally getting some crete, first time ever. After 30 years, the drought is coming to an end. Sam from breaking ground informed me they are building a crete park in Lewiston, ME. It will have a bowl and is 45min North of Portland. I heard Boston is open. If so, how good is it?

Regards

Brian Beihl

New Hampshire Event

Post by Brian Beihl » Mon May 01, 2006 5:57 pm

Hi, All:

The meeting at which I was supposed to have made my presentation was postponed a week. Go/no go decision on the Antrim Home & Harvest race should be next Monday. Sorry! I'll keep you informed! Also, thanks for everyone's feedback--it helps tremendously in our planning.

Brian Beihl
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Eric Brammer

Antrim and N.H. flood relief

Post by Eric Brammer » Mon May 01, 2006 7:58 pm

One though has crossed my mind: We have a strong tradition (thanks to Tway,JG,and TK) of 'Racing for Charity" here in New England. I have friends in Alstead, and Keene... How about we consider putting Flood Relief into the mix with Antrim event? It seems like the neighbourly thing to do. :-)
Any thoughts?
Meanwhile, I'll do my best to bring some friends on over for this event. I definately like the looks of that hill! :-D

Brian Beihl

Re: Antrim and N.H. flood relief

Post by Brian Beihl » Mon May 01, 2006 10:32 pm

Hi, Eric:

[quote="Eric Brammer"]One though has crossed my mind: We have a strong tradition (thanks to Tway,JG,and TK) of 'Racing for Charity" here in New England. I have friends in Alstead, and Keene... How about we consider putting Flood Relief into the mix with Antrim event? It seems like the neighbourly thing to do. :-)

A number of Antrim folks organized an effort for Alstead residents at Christmas. Let me inquire with them to find out what the current need may be. Perhaps a donation to the Red Cross in Keene might make sense.

Brian Beihl
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Brian Beihl

Antrim Race is a GO!

Post by Brian Beihl » Thu May 11, 2006 11:39 pm

The Antrim, NH race is a GO, but has some schedule changes to confirm. Details to follow.

Thanks for all your support in making this happen!

Brian Beihl
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

T Whalen

Post by T Whalen » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:52 pm

Is this race still a go? Will there be a sign up?

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:16 pm

Yes!

We are go with TV and radio support, sponsorship from Crotched MT, and other sponsors joining in.

I'll be in touch with Brian on Monday and sort out the sign up.

Joe

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Antrim Race

Post by Claude Regnier » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:46 pm

Wow! Looks great and nice to see the municipal support. How 'bout a Sunday session at Ball Mountain Dam?
Many Happy Pumps!

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:52 pm

Ball Mnt Dam should be another race in October. It's like 1 1/2-2 hour drive between the spots.

Claude, you saw me by the morning of the GS day in Brix, that was far enough to go.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Not a Race but a SESSION

Post by Claude Regnier » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:15 pm

It's on the way home for some people. We're talking a 2 or 3 hour fun,hanging out and Slaloming,ing,ing,ing!

If your too old and need to rest we will all understand.

Ball Mountain Dam will hopefully be another race in October. :) To have a chance to ride something like that for a few extra hours of practice will be great. Besides it would be a great time to get my 6th day of practice in for the season before I leave for the Zurich and Antibes events, EH!
Many Happy Pumps!

Brian Beihl

Antrim Race is ON!

Post by Brian Beihl » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:37 am

Hi, all!

My business demands have put me a bit behind, but we are picking up the pace this week! I'm coming down to the Farm Race in Vista this upcoming weekend to see how Joe and the gang run things and will have registration forms with me, and I'm going to post online reg with Joe's help this week.

Plan on it! It's going to be a great time, with great food, and really nice people. And how often do you get a fireworks show when you guys come to town?

Thanks for all your support!

Brian Beihl
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Eric Brammer

The Dam, and travelers from the North

Post by Eric Brammer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:19 am

Sunday, I might make it to Ball Mt.. The ITAR Machinist Course I'm currently taking is quite demanding, what with 10 hr. days in class/shop, plus 4-6 hrs a nite of homework, so I'm itchin' to skate some, provided I can get ahead on the weekend's homework. Obviously, The Farm is not something I can get to this year. However, by October, I ought to be working at Hypertherm with weekends free again, so I'll be at the Farm outlaw at Ball Mt. (at least as a conehead/concerned coach). Anyone that's thinking of joining Claude there this Sunday, hey, call me or toss a note in my PM box here.

Any Canadians needing a lay-over spot to rest that evening are welcome at my house. We've got room for 5-6 folk in 3 bedrooms, maybe a spare fold-out couch as well. I won't be the best host, or company, as I'm up early to study, then head to class. But, folk are welcome, just call by 7:00 pm Sunday. Lynx dosen't want calls after that, as she's 5 months into the pregnacy (with Twins!), and needs extra rest. Our number is here in the N.E. call list, and just Mapquest the Hartness Airport in Springfield, Vt. We're about 1/3 mi. from that on Airport Rd., or 4-1/2 hrs. out of Montreal along I-91.

I hope everyone has a good time at The Farm!! :-D
I wish I was there, but I'll just have plan on next season...

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Event

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:13 am

Brian it was nice to meet you at the Farm Race. It sure is nice to see the interest and sincere desire to hold a Slalom race for your town.

When we spoke you mentioned you would have some info updates soon. Please inform us as soon as possible. The descision to attend your event or La Costa is beginning to be a tough one for various reasons. Either way I will be travelling alone so the drive will be longer and i want to make my mind up soon.

I know you are terribly busy and I hope you are able to update the info soon so I can decide the itinerary of my busy race schedule (oh yeah, I also need to find a home for the new sk8park) and other stuff.

Thanks
Many Happy Pumps!

Brian Beihl

Online Registration for Antrim Race

Post by Brian Beihl » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:15 pm

Hi,

Online registration is finally posted to the NCDSA site. Please let me know of your preferences for housing. We've got everything from free gym accomdations to New England inn housing at around $100 a night here. No worries, we'll find a place for everyone.

Online registration at:
http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registrati ... 262#signup

Because of the limited time we have on festival day, our race this year will be limited to 32 racers. If there's enough demand, we'll expand into Sunday next year.

MapQuest map is also posted to NCDSA page.

I met with the local constabulary yesterday regarding the party. It's going to happen, but with more red tape that you guys are used to. Being associated with a Chamber and the festival being a town-insured event makes it more complicated. Likely will have a beer tent and wrist bands to separate from those younger than 21. Geez, even the NH Liquor Commission is involved -- that's what happens when you go legit!

Thanks for your support. We hope to make this an outstanding event that you'll want to return for each year!

Hit me with your questions. I'll be gone this weekend but back Monday.

Brian Beihl
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:25 pm

#6 for me
No vestido para mi

Brian Peck
Pizzle
Pizzle

Post by Brian Peck » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:14 pm

I didn't see any mention of entry fees, but I did notice that the sign-up mentioned "Registration includes..." Are there any entry fees? Or is it a free event?

Either way it looks like tons of fun.

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:55 pm

Ramp start or push?
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:45 pm

Brian Peck wrote:I didn't see any mention of entry fees, but I did notice that the sign-up mentioned "Registration includes..." Are there any entry fees? Or is it a free event?

Either way it looks like tons of fun.
Brian and I need to work this out. I'd like this to be an annual event and don't want it to cost Antrim a wole bunch of money. It's a small town.

I also want whatever is charged to be fair to the rider. We do get 4 meals, indoor sleeping, a party, cone heads and a prize pool (cash?). Brian wants to use any monies left over to donate to a local family for buying a handicap van. A noble cause and it keeps with our Farm karma.

Antrim is building ramps Karl.

Joe

Paul Pellerin

Post by Paul Pellerin » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:47 pm

Brian & Joe,

I know I read the entry fee was $50. I remember being surprised at first as there was never a mention of a fee and I was thinking outlaw series. After reading everything they were providing, I thought what an deal.

I can not find the location. It was not posted on the sign-up page, but rather one of the links. I tried the links on the registration page and the entry fee is no longer posted.

I think it's great they are trying to raise funds for a handicap van and that we can be a part of it.

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:23 am

prize pool (cash?). Brian wants to use any monies left over to donate to a local family for buying a handicap van. A noble cause and it keeps with our Farm karma.
I'm totally agree with this, who needs to race for money???well, i mean, this is their First race and it would be terrific if we show them some support back. A 50$ value seems cheap for what we are getting.

Keep us updated.
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Brian Beihl

Housing / Meals / Registration Details

Post by Brian Beihl » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:55 pm

Welcome, Old Gold Jug Racers!

We are thrilled you're coming and are trying to make your stay enjoyable for you and your family. Please let us know your preference for the type of accommodations, and the number of people you will be traveling with. Please allow the Chamber of Commerce to make reservations for you, and you'll make the financial settlement directly with your host.

After your feedback, we've settled on $25.00 for a registration fee for the race. We apologize for the confusion on this, but we were not able to get much for cash sponsors. Included in your registration are five meals, the post-race party, transportation to and from the Saturday BBQ, fireworks and party locations, soft drinks during the race, and free gym/church housing and camping.

When you register, you will be given meal tickets for:
- Friday night-- Ham & Bean supper (with other stuff, too) Presbyterian Church 5:30 - 7:30 after slalom clinic for local kids
- Saturday morning -- Breakfast Presbyterian Church 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Saturday night -- BBQ / Live music / Fireworks at Tenney Farm 5:30 - 7:30 (transportation provided) Burgers, Tenney sweet corn (worth coming to Antrim for!), chips drink.
- Sunday AM -- Continental breakfast at school cafeteria

Food vendors will be around the race course on Saturday, so lunch Saturday is on your own. Those of you who choose a B&B for accommodations will receive breakfast with your housing. For planning, please let us know if you'll be attending the dinner Friday and public breakfast on Saturday.

We will be charging for seats in the grandstands at the finish line. Anywhere else on the course will be free In the spirit of the Farm races in New England, any residual from registration and the proceeds from the seats will go toward a fund the Chamber has started to purchase an Antrim resident's handicapped van.

Details are below. Thanks again for coming. I look forward to meeting you all, and please keep in touch.

Regards,

Brian Beihl

Gym or church on cots - FREE Downtown (Bring sleeping bags/pillows) Arranged by ACC

Camping - Group site at Greenfield State Park - FREE 15 minutes Arranged by ACC

Motels - 1830 Motel $65.00 7 Rooms 10 minutes 603-478-3135 Credit cards / Cash

B&Bs - Uplands Inn $65 - $75 8 Rooms 5 minutes 603-588-2407 Cash / Checks
- Adams 1810 House $65 - 95 3 Rooms 10 minutes 603-588-2355 Cash / Checks
- Maplehurst $115/ night 12 Rooms Downtown 603-588-8300 Credit cards / Cash
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:57 pm

Brian,

It looks like you are putting on an amazing event! I mean really dude, ramp starts- free food, and free cots for cheap skaters like myself? Absolutely killer.

May I make a small suggestion about the sign up policy. The rules read that you are limiting the event to 32 racers but the NCDSA sign up didn't have that limit enforced. We now have something along the lines of 40 skaters signed up.

My suggestion: let up to 50 people sign up but only qualify the first 32. Which is not bad at all considering the Worlds this year that had like 50 or 60 amatuers only qualified the first 16. Everyone pays entry fee to raise money for the van.

Can't wait!
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Need confirmation soon!

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:50 am

Joe let me know what's up! If I'm going Gabe and Dan are now coming so that's three more to race.

Lodging, I guess we'll get a room, EH!

I need to book LC soon.
Many Happy Pumps!

Brian Beihl

Directions to Antrim

Post by Brian Beihl » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:53 am

Greetings, Racers:

One week to go before the Race for the Old Gold Jug! We can't wait to have all of you visit and want to thank you again for coming.

Beginning Monday afternoon, I'll be answering race calls on my cell phone 603-620-8300, as I'll be out and about throughout the week. You may also leave a message with my staff at Family on Board, 800-793-2075.

Look for email updates this week as we finish all the details.

Regards,

Brian Beihl
Chairman, Antrim Chamber of Commerce

Below are written directions from Boston, Portland, Hartford, New York, & Burlington.
Antrim is located in south central New Hampshire, 1.75 hours from Boston, 2 hours from Hartford, 3 hours from Portland, and 3.5 hours from Burlington, 4 hours from suburban NYC.

Eastern Massachusetts:
There are a few ways to get here from Eastern Mass, one more direct than the other.
ROUTE A - DIRECT -- Recommended -- Take I-93 North to Concord. After the Hookset tolls ($0.75, cash lanes on left). A couple of miles past the tolls take exit right on I-89 North (marked to Vermont / Lebonon, NH) Take I-89 North about past Hopkinton, about 5 miles from Concord, to a LEFT EXIT (Exit 5) for U.S. Route 202 / Keene, NH. Follow Rt. 202 South through Henniker and into Hillsborough. Exit right on to an exit for Rt. 202 Antrim/Bennington. At the stoplight / McDonalds continue straight on 202. Follow south about 6 miles to downtown Antrim, then follow the "From the North" directions above.

ROUTE B - SHORTER BUT ON LOCAL ROADS Take Rt. 3 north to Nashua, NH from I-95 / I-495. Take Exit 8, marked for NH 101A Milford / Peterborough and the Monadnock Region. This is a bypass which will wrap you around to 101A. When you reach 101A (Light/Ground Round @ corner ) turn right. 101A is a shopping corridor and will be congested for about 7 miles. Prior to entering Milford, 101A intersects with 101 E/W. Go under the bridge and turn left on to 101 West to Keene/Peterborough/Wilton. Follow 101 west over the railroad tracks to a light, turning left. Stay on Rt. 101 about 2.5 miles past Wilton, where you will see a sign on the right for Rt. 31 North. Follow 31 North a couple of blocks and turn left past The Wilton Police station. Follow 31 through Lyndeborough and Greenfield. Just past the beautiful Greenfield Town House turn RIGHT and continue on Rt. 31. The sign should say to Bennington. Follow 31 into Bennington where you will turn right at the Bennington library. Following the signs to Rt. 202, turn left at the Bennington Garage. Rt. 202 will be ahead about four blocks. Turn right and follow the directions "From the South."

Western Massachusetts/Connecticut/New York
Take I-91 into Vermont. Just over the border, take Exit 3 marked for NH Rt. 101 and NH Rt. 9. At the base of the exit there is a rotary. Go half way around and go straight into New Hampshire. You'll travel through Chesterfield, Spofford and over the mountain into Keene. You'll pass a large shopping center on your left, then about 1/2 mile ahead there will be a light where Rt. 9 will split off from Rt. 101. Continue northeast on Rt. 9 for about 25 miles. You'll pass through Roxbury, Nelson, Stoddard, and then into western Antrim. This is moose country -- be alert while you're going through this area. After you pass Antrim's state rest area on the left, start looking for signs for Rt. 31 South on the RIGHT. Follow Rt. 31 all the way into Antrim's village. JUST BEFORE you hit downtown you will see a white church on your left and a small red brick house on your right. TURN RIGHT at West Street. Cross the bridge and follow the bright yellow Skateboard Slalom Clinic signs up the hill to School Street. On Friday, school will be letting out. PLEASE BE CAREFUL! Park in the 2nd parking lot and look for the registration tent by the flag pole.

Northern Vermont & Quebec
Take I-89 south from Burlington, VT and Hanover, NH to Exit 5, marked for Keene / Peterborough. Follow Rt. 202 South through Henniker and into Hillsborough. Exit right on to an exit for Rt. 202 Antrim/Bennington. At the stoplight / McDonalds continue straight on 202. Follow south about 6 miles to downtown Antrim, then follow the "From the North" directions above.

Maine & Eastern New Hampshire
Take Route 4/202/9 west from Portsmouth to Concord, NH. On the east side of Concord, merge on to I-393 which will intersect with I-93 in about four miles. Take I-93 South/Manchester to the south side of Concord where I-93 intersects with I-89 North. Take I-89 North about past Hopkinton, about 5 miles from Concord, to a LEFT EXIT (Exit 5) for U.S. Route 202 / Keene, NH. Follow Rt. 202 South through Henniker and into Hillsborough. Exit right on to an exit for Rt. 202 Antrim/Bennington. At the stoplight / McDonalds continue straight on 202. Follow south about 6 miles to downtown Antrim, then follow the "From the North" directions above.

LOCAL DIRECTIONS ONCE YOU'RE IN ANTRIM . . . . .
Local directions to Great Brook Middle School, Antrim, where free gym housing, registration and clinic will be held.
Main Street in downtown Antrim is also U.S. Route 202. All routes below will end up on Rt. 202.

From the south,
you will reach a hill, with red brick mills on your left. Continue through a blinking yellow light, town hall will be on your left, the Maplehurst Inn on your right. You will reach a "Y" in the road. Take the LEFT fork (Rt 31 North) then immediately your next LEFT (West Street). Cross the bridge and follow the bright yellow Skateboard Slalom Clinic signs up the hill to School Street. On Friday, school will be letting out. PLEASE BE CAREFUL! Park in the 2nd parking lot and look for the registration tent by the flag pole.

From the north,
You'll pass a cemetery on your left as you come into town. You will stop at a stop sign with a Dunkin Donuts on your left. Make a HARD RIGHT on to Rt. 31 North, then immediately your next LEFT (West Street). Cross the bridge and follow the bright yellow Skateboard Slalom Clinic signs up the hill to School Street. On Friday, school will be letting out. PLEASE BE CAREFUL! Park in the 2nd parking lot and look for the registration tent by the flag pole.
=============================================================================

Directions from Antrim to Greenfield State Park for Camping

Follow Rt. 202 South through Bennington and into Hancock. About 5 miles from Antrim, you will see a Yellow flashing light at Forest Road. TURN LEFT. You will stay on this road, through a covered bridge, all the way to the state park entrance on the left. Once in the park, stay right all the way to the ranger station, then turn right and drive up the hill. The group camping parking area is at the top of the hill. You may drive up further to drop gear, then return to the parking lot. Look for the Skateboard Slalom Race signs on the right hand sites.
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com