Roe Slalom boards-- Availability and Greatness

Roe Slalom Boards

Moderator: Gareth Roe

Connor Smith

Roe Slalom boards-- Availability and Greatness

Post by Connor Smith » Sun May 14, 2006 3:59 pm

Hello, I have recently been looking at roe slalom boards, specifically for Tight Slalom and Hybrid Slalom. I really love the carbon fiber on them and the shapes are nice and simple. I really want one of the boards, but I have a couple questions before I purchase. I have very easy access to a Fatboy slalom board, but I really like the Roes too, what else do they have to offer that Fatboy doesn't? I am a beginner slalomer and I want a great all around board that will not be too extreme in a way that is made for someone who already has extreme preferences, which one of the boards should I get? Also, there have been rumors about having to wait for 7-8 weeks for then? I know that's not what matters in a board, but it's a really big hassle for me to wait, so how long will it actually take?

If this helps I am 120 pounds- setting up with tracker rtsx conbo zig zag lemon lime combo wedging and bushings the usual. Thanks!!

I am just so confused on which board to get-A Roe or a Fatboy-I think that your information will help me decide, thanks very much. I really appreciate it!

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

Post by Steve Collins » Sun May 14, 2006 8:47 pm

My impression is that you're over thinking it. Try one, either one. It will likely be a great board. The other one would be a different but equally great board in its own way. If the one you get turns out to be a dog (unlikely), then sell it and get the other, or something else. The point is, just about any decent deck is good enough while you're still learning. Focus more on tweaking your trucks and bushings and especially your foot placement and correct slalom form at this point.

P.S. Pick the one that is less expensive, or is easier to get, or has concave ;)

Connor Smith

Post by Connor Smith » Mon May 15, 2006 1:36 am

Gracias Mi Amigo, Gracias