2007 World Championships

Moderator: Robert Thiele

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

2007 World Championships

Post by Marion Karr » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:52 am

After careful thought and consideration and conversations with several key people in our sport the DHB have decided to announce our desire of hosting the 2007 World Championships of Slalom Skateboard Racing here in North Carolina the first weekend of October, 2007.

The 2006 2nd Annual DHB Dixie Cup will be a Main for this year but as we agreed we will relinquish that status on a rotating basis in the East to another deserving racing organization such as Luna, The Buckeye, Redclay, Chicago, St. Louis, etc in 2007 and will focus the majority of our efforts on putting together an amazing event that is worthy of such level that is the World Championships.

The mayor of Statesville has already committed full support to our efforts in bringing the World Championships to this part of North America along with our City Council and Police Department, not to mention our Main Street Program, Convention and Visitors Bureau, City Parks and Rec Department, and Chamber of Commerce (which by the way are supporting the 2nd Annual Dixie Cup as well).

We feel that our organization has the volunteer base, the organizational skills, commitment from our members, and and a variety of venues of which to choose that will make the 2007 Worlds and overwhelming success. We also feel strongly that we will be able to deliver the type of sponsorship both in dollars and in other ways, that will be make the trip here worth the while of the competitors regardless of the distance they will be traveling. We also are blessed with having outstanding weather typically at that time of the year and two airports, both of which have international flights, within one hour of our location. Travel to and from these airports is almost exclusively by interstate which greatly improves the quality of that trip.

We are asking you, the community of slalom competitors to support our bid to bring the Worlds to North Carolina in 2007 as we support its return to a European city in 2008.

Our ability to plan and develop organized, smooth running events for our competitors is developing significantly and we are highly confident that you will not regret attending and competing in the 2007 World Championships of Slalom Skateboard Racing here in Statesville, North Carolina.

Southern Hospitality. Great food. Amazing Racing. Killer Vibe. Exceptional Organization. What else could you hope for?

Thank you for your support,

World Championship Committee
Downhillbillies Skateboard Organization
[/b]
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:49 pm

we at PAVEL and G.O.G. want to step up as a main sponsor for this race immediately when its held.
i only heard the best of things from my teamriders about the contest and marion karr in general.
i can only report the same from my experiences.
i want to add that i have the best impression possible.

we will FULLY support your race marion.
if you do that race PAVEL will send all his riders to your contest.
that has been bespoken before and it will happen.

thank your for offering us all such an excellent race.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:05 pm

Awesome place to race. Marion has raised the GrassRoots Bar. You have the support of the Texas Outlaws. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

David Rudnianski
LTC
LTC

Post by David Rudnianski » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:32 pm

First week of october will be to late for me and for some other Europeans. (University usually start on the 1st of October in France and I think in most of European countres). Is This date definitely the one?
I think Brixlegg was perfect because it was in the middle of the summer, so there was quitly no problem to go there for most of the young people.
French Pirates are in the place...
www.riderz.net
http://pirateslalom.online.fr/
Politic Longboard Activist...

Mike Ohm

Worlds

Post by Mike Ohm » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:07 pm

Can't wait!
Last edited by Mike Ohm on Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Hobbled-me Hill

Post by Tod Oles » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:20 pm

Me neither.....thrills me still!!
Last edited by Tod Oles on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

William Arnette

Re: Worlds

Post by William Arnette » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:07 am

Mike Ohm wrote:Marion, as much as we all enjoy Hobby Park, it still remains pretty dangerous with the guardrail. Also, lack of a Dual GS. Have you located another GS site?
From what i saw from the video the GS this year was single lane, seems to be an irrelevant point.

Mike Ohm

Hobby Park

Post by Mike Ohm » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:06 pm

William, no offense but the video does not depict the conditions in an accurate manor. I encourage you to visit Hobby Park and skate it. You may have a different opinion then.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:41 pm

Mike,

I think he's referring to the single-lane GS in Brixlegg. William has been to both Dixie Cups and is a DHB living in Mebane, NC. He's skated HP many times.

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Process for deciding

Post by Pat Chewning » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:29 pm

Before deciding WHO gets the World Championships, the ISSA would like your input to HOW to decide on a formal contest-sanction granting process.

If you have comments on the PROCESS being proposed, please see this topic:
viewforum.php?f=176

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:09 am

I have found many topics about worlds 2007. Let's get all discussions in one single topic. I don't think we need a whole section for this. Soon ISSA will have a formal contest sanction process as Pat mentions above. But we will still need one topic for open discussion.

Please use this topic to continue discussion about worlds 2007...

[2007] Region West Atlantic (World Championships 2007)

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:08 pm

The DHB will be discussing the Worlds over the next two weeks and will putting forth our ideas shortly.

To answer Mike Ohm's question about Hobby Park: For the Worlds it is likely we will be seeking out a hill in Statesville rather than going there where we can run dual lane if possible. We are currently discussing our options with the City of Statesville. We will be looking for another Hybrid hill but will most likely field the TIGHT competition on Court Street. We discussed Court Street with some Tight Experts during the Dixie Cup and the ones we spoke to agree it would work great for Tight.

Bear with us while we recover from the Dixie and set our sites on 2007. Whatever we do the DHB is committed to putting on a World Class Event!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:16 pm

hobby hill is about as intimidating as they get......and dangerous, i suppose

your best bet would be to just take off your shirt ....or pants (if youre so inclined....Dominik)

....and take the thought of crashing completely out of your head......

yes?

Hobby Hill is like the skateracers version of Mecca
Last edited by Christopher Bara on Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dominik Kowalski

17 degrees rock!!!!

Post by Dominik Kowalski » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:06 pm

skateracers Mecca......YES!!!
Damn, I loved that hill! It got me so excited that my pants went off all by themself ;)

Marion, wherever you want to let us race, I'll be there, and have lots of fun!!!! The DBH crew is far out the best team working togehter!!!!!
<a href="http://www.pavel-skates.com" target="_blank" class="postlink">SEX, DRUGS & BACKSIDE ROCK'N'ROLL...</a>
keep on rollin'...

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:12 pm

I agree DHB has team unity. I believe that is what made there event so sucessful. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Jim Weatherwax
WAX

Worlds

Post by Jim Weatherwax » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:57 am

The Windsor hill we ran the Nationals GS on is a pretty epic GS hill here in Colorado, we could probably run 3 lanes...I am anxious to hear what came of Marion/Barkers conversation aboout the venues for next years Worlds/Nationals[/url]

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:27 am

The Windsor hill is basically our template for the hill we are looking for.....I agree with WAX, that is probably the best GS hill in the country.

Meeting with the mayor on Wednesday to discuss options.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Jim Weatherwax
WAX

Post by Jim Weatherwax » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:29 pm

Good luck with the hunt...I will be there regardless of what is decided....SO bummed I had to miss this years event!

Keith Hollien

Post by Keith Hollien » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:55 pm

I am 100% behind The Downhillbillies in their bid to host the 2007 World Championships. The 2006 Dixie Cup was my 50th city to race in the last 44 months, so I think I have an idea of what it takes to do races. Marion and the Downhillbillies have the personal(core & charter members) and infrastructure(support of mayor, police & city government) to put on a World Championship. Marion has talked to a lot of people about this and the Downhillbillies have been looking for more spots to race. I am willing to help them in their bid in anyway I can.

Keith

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

Post by Steve Collins » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:59 pm

I'm also 100% behind the DHB getting the Worlds for 2007.

There's another thread where I raised the issue of rules. I want to make it clear that I have no position on what the rules should be, just that they be clearly stated as far as possible in advance of the race.

Regardless of how it all works out, I think everone will benefit from DHB holding the race and will also do what I can to support it.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:36 pm

Steve Collins wrote:I think everone will benefit from DHB holding the race and will also do what I can to support it.
"Send lawyers, guns and money!"

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:36 pm

Is anybody else looking at the 2007 status list and seeing that we're going to run into the same issues that came up in 06?......The east will once again hold more large events than they will be given credit for...Once again, the west has 3/3 and the east has 2/2...
I'm not saying that some of the wests numbers should be assigned to the east, i'm saying that there are FAR more skaters in the East than there were a couple years ago...And the young talent is fast and getting faster....Why is it that there arent 3/3 in the west AND 3/3 in the East?......raise the number of primes and mains to match the growing number of skaters?......This will also add more credibility to the ranking system by openning more high scoring events up to people who cant afford to travel 4000 miles to a race....

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:47 pm

Bara,

This got passed by last year and they said they would look at it this year. But?

East is still the red headed step child.
La Costa Boy For Life

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Go ahead -- make a proposal.

Post by Pat Chewning » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:09 pm

Christopher Bara wrote:Is anybody else looking at the 2007 status list and seeing that we're going to run into the same issues that came up in 06?......The east will once again hold more large events than they will be given credit for...Once again, the west has 3/3 and the east has 2/2...
I'm not saying that some of the wests numbers should be assigned to the east, i'm saying that there are FAR more skaters in the East than there were a couple years ago...And the young talent is fast and getting faster....Why is it that there arent 3/3 in the west AND 3/3 in the East?......raise the number of primes and mains to match the growing number of skaters?......This will also add more credibility to the ranking system by openning more high scoring events up to people who cant afford to travel 4000 miles to a race....
If you have a specific proposal for the # of races to be held in each region, and you can articulate the reasons for the proposed changes, I would be happy to take that proposal to the ISSA Board of Directors for action.

-- Pat Chewning

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Canadian Worlds?

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:58 am

As we mentioned earlier we we're hoping to bring the worlds to Canada for 2007. We have decided to wait for another time in the future.

We also want to wish the DBH crew and ayone else that steps-up to the plate best of luck.
Many Happy Pumps!

Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:48 pm

Christopher Bara wrote:Is anybody else looking at the 2007 status list and seeing that we're going to run into the same issues that came up in 06?......The east will once again hold more large events than they will be given credit for...Once again, the west has 3/3 and the east has 2/2...
Marty Schaub wrote:This got passed by last year and they said they would look at it this year. But? East is still the red headed step child.
So let's stop all the crying and try to figure this out...

- While the ISSA labors with polls and trying to figure out how to organize a group of people that love to be rebels, fight organization, and thrive on anarchy, Corky has basically told us that he will stand by whatever we propose to him.

- I am sure Canada wants to keep it's Main so let's assume that.

- To balance things out for USA, we could pool all the Main, Prime, Basic and divide things out to the unified USA, instead of East/West. Or we could do some reorganization and move St. Louis and/or Texas and states inbetween into the West Region.

- Quit trying to blame Corky, ISSA, and "THEY" and put some of this passion and emotion towards solutions.

- We are all a nice family of less than 100 riders so let's work this out without the evil stepchild references.

- Some valid points, but there are FAR more skaters in the West than a couple years ago also. If we hold a small grassroots race in Colorado, we will have at least 5 PRO and 20 Open riders attend. So I think Bara's point holds true in other parts of the country as well.

- The real issue is not the primes and basics, but how the big points are divided up. The other Primes and Basics will fall in order after the Major/Mains are decided.

- Don't forget that Canada is where the East Coasts 3rd main goes.

- Over the last 3 years, the big races in the West Region have been La Costa, Morro, Hood, and Colorado. La Costa missed in 2005 and Morro missed in 2006.

- Over the same 3 years, there has been some fluxuation, but big East Region races have been at The Farm, Luna (2004-2005), Athens (2005), Dixie (2005-2006), Canada (2006).

- If given Main status, maybe St. Louis would throw something bigger.

- Texas looks to have an annual race and they want some status as well.

- Utah has shown they can throw a class race also.

In 2006, here are some stats on the largest events:

East: Buckeye: 49 Racers, 16 Pro, 33 Am (Prime, but deserving of Main)
East: Dixie: 61 Racers, 13 Pro, 48 Am (Main)
East: Farm: 50 Racers, 4 Pro, 46 Am (Main, but only awarded Prime points)
East: Canada: 47 Racers, 3 Pro, 44 Am (Main, but only awarded Prime points)

West: Hood: 51 Racers, 11 Pro, 40 Am (Main)
West: Longmont: 54 Racers, 16 Pro, 38 Am (Major)
West: La Costa: 52 Racers, 15 Pro, 37 Am (Major)

That's it for this post, I will continue with some suggestions on the next post

Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:23 pm

Some tasks for 2007:

1. What to do with races that limit the field based on who signs up quickly?

2. Don't schedule Mains in back to back weeks. Let's try to spread them out if possible.

3. Document who is planning races and what are those dates.
- This is where we are always in trouble. It is hard to give 100% firm dates unless you are well into your permit process or have assurance from local government.

Definite:
- Longmont (August 23-26, 2007. Park/Giant/Hybrid/Tight)
- Cbark's TS Challenge (Late Spring, Early Summer)
(3 days of Tech TS plus 100 Cone World Record Challenge)
- DHB (Date TBD based on whether they host Worlds)
- Farm (TBD)
- This is a critical race to consider. Do the promoters want to have Main status?
- St. Louis (Date TBD)
- Texas (Date TBD)
- Canada (Date TBD)

Probable:
- Buckeye (Date TBD)
- La Costa/Encinitas (Date TBD)
- Hood River (Date TBD)
- Utah (Date TBD)

Unknown:
- Luna
- Red Clay Cup
- Others (Post Them Up...)

4. Determine who wants to go Big? (1 Major, 5 Mains)
One Suggestion:
- DHB Worlds (Major, East)
- Canada (Main, Fixed Canada)
- Longmont US Nationals (Main, West)
- Hood River (Main, West)
- La Costa (Main, West)
- Buckeye (Main, East)

5. Determine who wants to go Prime Time? (6 Total, 1 Canada, 3 West, 2 East)
Suggestions:
- Canada Race#2 (Fixed Canada Prime)
- Farm (East Prime)
- St. Louis (West Prime)
- Luna (East Prime)
- Utah (West Prime)
- Texas (West Prime)

6. Determine who gets the Leftovers (Basics)
- I believe there are no limits, just request your race be recognized.
Candidates:
- Colorado Cup
- Cbark's TS Challenge

7. Determine who is still crying?
- Document your race dates, disciplines, and state your case)

8. Reshuffle statuses based on the cases documented in #7.

Let's stay positive and get this worked out!
The greatest thing about our scene is we are a big, fun-oriented, slalom family.
I love seeing all my family at the races, no lines here for east vs. west. You all rock!

cbark

Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:33 pm

One other thing to consider...

Is 2007 the year where there is a big Pro-Only or Am-Only race?

In 2006, I think we could have at least made the Buckeye a Pro-Main, Am-Prime and the Farm a Pro-Prime, Am-Main.

I believe this is possible...

It would be easy to run a Pro-Only race since there would be a probably max of 20 racers. The courses set would be difficult, pro-caliber, with no bitching from newbies. Major sponsors could step up with major $$$ for the purse. No sandbaggers allowed. You Are Pro or You Go Home!

It would be easier to run a Am-Only race where there is no concern for the Pro's concerns. Perhaps the largest Am field ever of up to 64 Am racers going for the big Main points.

Corky - can you remind us how we could do this?

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:32 pm

This may sound corny but truly our main goal is to keep DownHillSlalom alive, and the bottom line is that there are some hotspots in the USA where the sport of Down Hill Slalom is being kept alive. We are allready in the planning stages for the 2007 Texas Cold Fusion Sizzler. Bottom line is our sport will not die. My crappy knees have abandoned me, but I plan to keep trying to promote our sport and race, I really do not care if I finish DFL. I spoke to Dan Gesmer of 3DM about helping us run our timing system, we would work out the details with him, plus it takes the burden off of us. I noticed this first hand at DHB. Having Prime status for us is an honor. We will also do our best to throw the best contest possible. DownHillSlalom must not die, it must be kept alive. I spoke to O G Gumby who rides for SkaterBuilt and the ConeKillerMafia and he also agreed we have to take our race up to another level. We learned from the best and that would be Ricky Byrd and 66. We have alot of respect for those riders. I will not deter from my teams goal of making the 2007 Texas Cold Fusion Sizzler one of the GRS BEST slalom contest. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:56 pm

TEXAS PROUD

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:04 pm

Here's a look at what's going on with slalom race attendance for the past 3 years...Not necessarily scientific, as it's based on NCDSA sign ups, not actual race day stats. If i missed one or two, my appologies, i just looked at the ones that run consistently year to year. I did not include any "series" or well known outlaw races, which also pulled good attendance....I had to take ests on st lou since they werent on NCDSA's calendar

numbers are for 2004/2005/2006

WEST USA:
Texas Sizzler.........NA/16/54
Colorado Cup........21/27/NA
Hood....................49/49/59
Co.Nationals.........81/56/78
Morro/Enc............98/63/93
Lacosta................99/NA/NA
Utah....................NA/NA/40

EAST USA:
Luna....................52/31/41
Red Clay.............37/54/18
Chicago...............NA/29/NA
The Farm.............51/55/51
St Louis...............25?/25?/25
Buckeye..............NA/19/58
Fayetteville..........50/NA/NA
Dixie...................NA/47/92

Not sure if that's of any value......but here's some totals:
West:
2004: 348 registered racers
2005: 211 registered racers
2006: 284 registered racers
East:
2004: 215 registered racers
2005: 260 registered racers
2006: 285 registered racers

Hows this for consistency: The west and the east only differed by ONE person in 2006
Total registered skaters for these races in 2004: 563
Total registered skaters for these races in 2006: 569

What it looks like is this. We have about the same number of skaters signing up as we did two years ago, but now it's balanced between the east and west. Perhaps not because there are that many more skaters in the east than there used to be, but because the east is starting to put on more races.

Again, nothing scientific.....just food for thought

alavoine jean paul

Post by alavoine jean paul » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:27 pm

Sounds great!
jean paul aka POPOL:
"I was born yesterday...
but I stayed up all night!"

Mike Ohm

Re: Hobby Park

Post by Mike Ohm » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:55 pm

to skate

DHB Juggy
Downhillbillies' Promotions Team
Downhillbillies' Promotions Team

Downhillbillies Announce Intentions To Host Worlds

Post by DHB Juggy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:32 pm

The Downhillbillies Core Leadership would like to announce that we would be honored to host the 2007 World Championships of Slalom Skateboard Racing here in Statesville, North Carolina, on September 27, 28, 29, 30, 2007 and intend to also host the 3rd Annual Downhillbillies Dixie Cup on November 2, 3, 4, 2007 in Statesville and Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

The City of Statesville, the Downtown Statesville Development Corporation, the Statesville Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Statesville Chamber of Commerce, and other civic organizations have all expressed their support for our efforts.

The 2007 World Championships of Slalom Skateboard Racing (working title) will not be an expanded version of the Dixie Cup. We feel that the Dixie Cup is a special and unique event and we look to continue with that tradition. We will, however, build on the strengths of our organization in planning, volunteer coordination, and race day management, to put on the best World Championships in our sport to date. We have already begun the detailed process of developing our game plan for sponsorship solicitation, innovation in timing and race management, and involvement in local and regional civic and business organizations, to make this event one that other race organizations will be compelled to emulate.

The 2007 Dixie Cup will retain the Legacy registration process that we used in 2006 while the World Championships will be open registration, a Pro/Am event, and will determine the field of competition by race day qualifying. The racing format for the Dixie Cup will also retain the formula used for both the 2005 and 2006 events, while the Worlds will include Giant Slalom, Hybrid/Special Slalom, Tight Slalom, and either Super Giant Slalom , possibly Boardercross, or another unique event. (We are working on the details and venue availability).

In addition, plans are in the works that could possibly bring an industry partner event to the World Championships that may very well be a first in the sport of slalom and longboarding. Watch for an announcement in one of our sport’s major media resources soon.

We are asking you, the slalom racing community, to support the Downhillbillies Organization in our bid for the World Championships. We look forward to having you here in Statesville, North Carolina for this event and the Dixie Cup in 2007.

As we are still in the planning phase, further information will be made available early 2007. The DHB Core would like to assure you that we will do everything in our power to put on events that are worthy of your endorsement.

The Downhillbillies- Fueling The Stoke of Skateboarding, One Hillbilly, and the Whole World, At the Same Time!

Note: The 2007 World Championships will be exclusively held in Statesville and surrounding areas but will not include Hobby Park as one of the event venues. Hobby Park will remain a central part of the Dixie Cup.
JUGGY
The Official Spokesvessel For the Downhillbillies
www.downhillbillies.org

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:18 pm

It just makes sense to have them in NC at least Geographically. I wasn't in Morro Bay any of the years but I believe the field of European racers was limited, obviously because it's a long way to go.

I was in Brixlegg, I made sure to get my profile on the ranking changed to USA because the only American amatuers at the worlds this year was myself, Bryan Werner and Brad Jackman. We held our own but it needs to be a WORLD championship.

North Carolina is kinda halfway between LA and Paris.

I think it's very important to have a global presence at races (I've been to more European Championships than US nationals). I think the ISSA should organize to help bring some racers from countries not traditionally at these races. I think we should help pay to have at least two of the Austraillian slalomers come over. Is anyone worthwhile in Japan skating?

I think the DHB is one of the most positive stoke fueled organizations in the Slalom world, whom better to bring us all together.

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:04 pm

I strongly support the 2007 Worlds being held in Statesville.

Karl, the Worlds in Morro Bay always had a fairly good representation of international pros.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:02 am

Have to agree on that one. I met Maurus Stroble, Jadranko, Noemi Reichel, Paul Price, Michael Stride, Sam Gordon, Martin Drayton, Aki Van Glassow, Claude, Mike Cividino, Nail Horton Stephens, Gints Giatitis, can't remember the other riders but it was and International event. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:50 am

If anyone deserves the right, Marion and the clan do! The man breaths boarding and has the ability to pull it OFF the hook!
Karr-heart is felt from the inner most stoke the DHB's own.
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Sebastien Leger
Seb
Seb

Post by Sebastien Leger » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:30 pm

I WISH I COULD BE THERE !!!