[2007] European Slalom Skateboard Championships: 8 & 9 s

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

Stephan Doucet

[2007] European Slalom Skateboard Championships: 8 & 9 s

Post by Stephan Doucet » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:07 pm

The DéSaXé European Slalom Skateboard Championships are the biggest events in Slalom Skateboard in Europe this Fall:
-We are expecting 14 different nationalities
-We have national medias as official partners :
*TV: Extreme Sport Channel, Sport+, Europe2 TV, TV Grenoble
*Radio: Europe2 (n°1 boarding station)
*Press

-3 000€ prize money
-We have a solution if it rains: the Event will take place!!!!!

They will take place on the 8th and 9th of September in Grenoble.

At the same time, we are organising a huge Boarding Festival in the Town Center.

On top of that Grenoble is easily accessible, it’s really close to Switzerland and Italy, and there are 2 international airports nearby (Grenoble Isère and Lyon)…

It’ll happen in the town centre, with lots of facilities for all boarders (showers, food, drinks, special hotel rates…), international DJ’s (8000W), German and English speaking announcers and lots more…

Jany, Jean Sébastien (PSWC) and Pierre Samray (Antibes) are all going to participate as official organisers.

This will all be brought together for it to be an unforgettable event!!!!!

If you want more information please check our website: www.desaxe-skateslalom.com
or phone the: +33 (0)9 51 75 91 47

Stéphane Doucet
DéSaXé European Slalom Skateboard Championships External Communications Manager
Last edited by Stephan Doucet on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:41 pm

Excellent news, Grenoble is easy to get to for the Brits...by Air or TGV. Stunning scenery,and I know MArtin Drayton,Paul Priceand I know the town well having spent a lot of time in town waiting for transfers to Les DeuxAlpes. Goodluck!

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:06 pm

As we all know, the Special and Straight Slalom will take place in the flat. So please set up a course that is not too loose (I'd suggest 1.60m for STR Pros to be a guiding measurement).

I'm looking forward to skate in front of a big crowd and of what I've heard from the organizer is that there will be an infrastructre like there has never been one before....

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

TS distance..

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:13 pm

Ramon, shouldn't we get ISSA to suggest cone spacings or have the organisers Jani, Jean Sébastien (PSWC) and Pierre Samray (Antibes) make the decision? I still haven't heard full reports but there was talk of LOTS of cone spraying in the TS at Hannover.
1.6 meter = 5.249ft , did you want that centre to centre? Does't that seem a little extreme?
I'm sure a lot of the Pros practice tight spacings, myself included, but in the heat of competition in front of what sounds like a big crowd, we are going to get double figure cone counts. Personally I don't think that is much of a spectacle, watching people pick up little plastic cones all evening for a mostly non-skating public who I'm sure are more impressed by fast clean runs....as, lets face it, are most of us.
I would suggest 1.8m as a more reasonable distance that would demonstrate speed, precision and power. I counted 2 clean runs in the Pro qualifying at Paris from the PDF's, and 6 for the whole event (2 of them yours ;)) with a 1.8m spacing on a slope!
Is there any need to go this tight? What will it prove, with current equipment we could all buy GOGs/Rads and re-drill at 16-17" and do it....If its the general concensus, then fine...but lets just find out if it is first.
By the way, congrats on your results at Paris and Hannover....the young bloods are coming!

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:22 pm

I totally agree with you Martin, a few guys talk and lobby for what they like but organizers should be careful and not follow everything coming from a few in the forums.

Concerning Paris, our course committee noticed that 1m80 straight slalom = a lot of cones down. Perhaps we could do it again at 1m80 but we won't go less.
In Hanover, they follow and set tight at 1m80, but with a much longer slalom and not straight (and between sewer plates) and we could see some DQs because of cones (DQ limit set at 12 cones, I don't know which rules applies there) and some cones carnages.
[ www.pavel-skates.com ] [ www.riderz.net ]
"Dont care what the World say - I and I could a never go astray -Well wee gona have Things our Way" - Robert Nesta Marley

Patrick Allan

Post by Patrick Allan » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:00 pm

I also agree with Martin and Vinzzz... but then again, maybe I should practice a little more... :(

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:00 pm

On the 3rd of April I made the following proposal on the ISSA Rules Topic:
Ramón Königshausen wrote:The cone spacing for Straight Slalom in the Pro category shall be

- 1.60m on a flat surface

- 1.80m on a fairly steep hill

- 2.00m on a damn steep hill

Furthermore:

The cone spacing for Straight Slalom in the Am Category shall (might*) be

- 1.80m on a flat surface

- 2.10m on a fairly steep hill

- 2.40m on a damn steep hill
Nobody actually made a comment about that proposal.

Now here we go again, I'll expand a little.

Looking at the two recent races, we had Paris with 1.80m cone distance and approx. 45 cones on a "fairly steep hill" and Hannover also with a cone distance of 1.80m by 63 cones on fast but not so steep hill. So this was all downhill including gravity as a driving force in addition to the racers pumping.

Who made it clean? - I assume it's those racers who practised well. Let's take Manuel Schaub as an example. He is 41st in Corky's current 4-year Pro Ranking (25th in PK's Ranking) If you go and look up his cone counts all over any race, he will probably be one of the racers who hits very few cones. -
How come?
He's been practicing. He's been running 1.50 straight on a flat surface. He's been running tough special slaloms.

Do you expect to come to a race and do well without practising?

Now I'm trying to answer your question: "Is there any need to go this tight? What will it prove, with current equipment we could all buy GOGs/Rads and re-drill at 16-17" and do it."

It is not a question of going tighter and tighter, but it's rather to have the level back on the top like it was ages ago. Have a look at this video for example. It shows Luca Giammarco and Daniel Ridoli racing on a slope. Cone spacing was 1.75cm. One cone was hit. The equipment was way behind what we have nowadays. But still you can win on that equipment what Luca well demonstrated last weekend. I couldn't win even though I had high tech gear on my skateboard....btw. my wheelbase is more than 17"

It's in the racers themselves and in their technique which you acquire by practising. And we can be glad too that there exists gear like GOG/Rads/Airflow trucks that ought to make it more comfortable to get through a course.

Now, please don't come up and excuse yourselves like you wouldn't have the skill or motivation to practise. When I saw my rather bad result in Brixlegg's GS last year (I got something like 15th or so...) I went out and practised. I changed my style, learned how to dose the force on the wide cone spacings, and now I feel how it goes better. I feel much more consistant on longer GS courses...

I'm sure you are all eager to improve your technique and do better in tight slalom.

Summing up:
1.80m in the flat is pure power. Pumping is the keyword. You wouldn't need a proper technique to win here.
1.50m in the flat is for skilled racers with a clean technique and mental strengh (concentration). Headless rushing through won't be possible.

1.60-1.70m seems to be a good compromise in between physical strengh and technique/concentration.

For sport's sake.

rmn

PS: Thanks Martin

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

The REAL World.

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:46 pm

Ramon,
Now nots let this forum get taken up with any negative discussions and move it to "Gates" , eh? This should present a positive face for the event I feel.
See you there...

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:30 pm

it's not ok to chime in here right now,but having read the last few posts i felt compelled to do so.
#1 it's not about lobbying vince
#2 ramon is absolutely right dead on target
#3 continue with weak or incomplete events and the sport will fade away-your call.and please don't be too surprised when it happens.
#4 flat is dead and will remain so.there's no need to dig out a rotten corpse.
it died in the eighties and that happened for a reason.did all the older guys wear sunglasses at that time?
go to grenoble,support it.
the guy who's doing it is a good guy.
enjoy the "spirit" of the "competition"

i will not support it because i have a different understanding of what racing is like.
the hannover gs gave another fine example.

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:41 pm

Flat is dead.

Thats why we in the UK practice Tuesday in London, Thursday in London, Fridays in Hove.

Thats why we are good at it.

Flat is what we have.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Don...

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:47 pm

Check your PM's, Ramon and I are still friends and neither of us are fans of flat, but we accept that this comp IS happening, accept that it IS flat, and we are BOTH going anyway..but had a different opinion over spacing, thats all.
http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/phpBB ... php?t=5105
We both just want a good event that will be a good spectacle with what we have to work with.

ps.I don't like straight either ;)

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:16 pm

Hello all. just takes some minutes to comment what I can read here.

Everybody have part of truth here.
The vision of Philippe who is used to organize gliss event is to bring the public to see a slalom skate event. For sure flat isn't what we prefer. All the opposant come here to tell it. But as long as I race in skateboard (not speaking only slalom) I don't remember seing a lot of public on the race except in Paris. (well in Antibes at night...but only...for the flat part!!!)

I think slalom die in the 90th, because nobody look at it. No sponsor, no public, no media. Champion became old and stop. Youth wasn't interest to race in this condition.

What's it's important now. It's to give interest to the young generation. having public (olympic stadium with several attraction must move the public), media coverage (tv and radio will be present the event).
Official proffesional speaker (not a racer who comment when he has time to do it betwin 2 runs).
Don't forget to have a young class and to reward them!
That's seems important!
About space cones. As says Martin ISSA write rules about that
Ramon we can't make a race only for you. I think soon you will be the number one. (when some old be older :-) ) but you have to adapt yourself to ALL the slalom and not the organizer who adapt to you.
Don't worry the special pro will certainly be technical and tight. But the straight slalom will be certainly 1m80 for all the racers. And please here stop criticism the organisation, especially 6 month before it arrive. This can be another reason of the death of the slalom.

See you all in Grenoble, having fun with friends and having a great event.

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:56 pm

Pierre Samray wrote: About space cones. As says Martin ISSA write rules about that
Ramon we can't make a race only for you. I think soon you will be the number one. (when some old be older :-) ) but you have to adapt yourself to ALL the slalom and not the organizer who adapt to you.
Don't worry the special pro will certainly be technical and tight. But the straight slalom will be certainly 1m80 for all the racers. And please here stop criticism the organisation, especially 6 month before it arrive. This can be another reason of the death of the slalom.
Hi Pierre,

thanks for the compliment first.

Second: ISSA has written rules about that, true. They say as follows:

"2.3 Each course shall consist of a series of cones placed in a straight line. The distance between cones shall be 1.7 m (measured from center to center)."

(written on http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/ISSA1 ... llell.html , access June 08, 2007)

Although it doesn't specify the cone distance for hills, plain as day, 1.70 would be the maximum cone spacing for a flatland race. Sure, this rule needs to be expanded - as I suggested a few months ago but nobody seemed to care or felt to comment on it.

Furthermore, such decisions shouldn't be made on the internet where only half the scene reads up and like a tenth of it posts something sometimes. I propose to print out a sheet of paper on that the new proposals / issues to discuss are listed and where all participants can give their vote at the competition. (I'm thinking of Luca, Maurus, Chris Hart, Janis Kuzmins, Christoph Baumann , Manuel Schaub, Jason, Richy, Gary Fluitt, Pirnack, Cbark etc....)

"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I"

rmn

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:07 am

Well if ISSA write 1m70. Let's be ok for 1m70. Think that certain concrate on flat are more fast than dirty or roughly surface with a 1 or 2% slope
For sure. What we want is that, most of the racers take pleasure with racing.
What we don't want : Is to see racers pushing 20 cones (mmm...personnal experience...) because of a too difficult slalom or a not adapted material.
Actualy pro are : Mixt old racers (good or less) and young killer as you or Dominik.
The problem is the level between the racers in pro is not closed enought . We have to find a compromise which permit the best to make the show and the last to have fun. Or we have to ask ISSA to select who is pro.(may be with the overall world ranking) At this moment only very strong racers enter in pro class. Racers as me must return in am class (or stop racing and go training youngs newcomers :-).
Why not? It can be the solution. May be some old guy are not agree to race with the young am. But that's law of sport. Young have to replace old! At this moment the slalom can live long years again. And this is something we all want!
Let's ride

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:31 pm

Pierre,

good to hear that. I can live with 1.70 on a good, fast surface.

Last weekend in Monza we run 80 cones 1.80 on a super nice surface, flat. I ran 94A Avalons all around....it was fast towards the end. Pretty demanding though (in a different way).

How many cones are you going to set up for the straight?

cheers,

rmn :-)

Michel Dupont

Post by Michel Dupont » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:36 pm

Good to hear that some of you finaly seem to agree on 1m70 for PROs. Congrats for that. Now, how about AMs and -16 years? Last week we were training with 1m80, but for a 14 years old it's kind of tough after about 30 cones, but then again he still has two months to train.
Anyway if it's going to be 1m70 for PROs, how much for AMs and -16 years?

Looking forward to see you all in Grenoble,

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:42 pm

1.70m.......:)

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:36 pm

I speak about different level between the pros. But the problem is more important with the other big class as (amateur, woman, young) which count in, practicly pro racers and young beginners. One point we have to see is that you're on an European championship. that's mean best racers of european country are fighting for a title and that means the level of the racers must be more than beginners. Everybody knows that a beginner on a flat surface stops after 20 cones or less. (the problem is different with a steep slope, but result is the same: the beginner doesn't stop, but he's out!) That means a minimum of training before coming.
Maybe organisation can think about a "promotion slalom" for all those who are not about to pass the amateur slalom. I think about that when I organize Antibes, but finally it was no use to do it.
This topic is here to speak about all this detail.

Internet site here. registration available tomorrow I think
http://www.desaxe-skateslalom.com

Stephan Doucet

The Junior Competition

Post by Stephan Doucet » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:18 am

Here are the latest news from the DéSaXé European Championships:

Having discussed it with Jani and Pierre, we have decided not to forget the next generations!!!
We have decided to amplify the Junior competition during the event and not to let it aside.

There will be a session for girls and one for boys, for which we will offer gifts and a special rate:
30 € (instead of 50€)

The main idea is to think about the future and the next generation that will take over!!!

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Desaxe website.

Post by Martin Drayton » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:33 pm

Do you know when the website will be open? It says:
SITE EN CONSTRUCTION
OUVERTURE LE 08/06/07 à 14h

Just so we can plan travel, accomodation and know where the events will be etc.
I have friends near the city who would like to know too!
Thank you,

Stephan Doucet

Press F5 if the website does not work

Post by Stephan Doucet » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:46 pm

Hi martin,

The website is working.
Try pressing F5 on your computer when you're on the website.
Your computer must have memorised the opening from previous time.

Bye the way, where are you going to be coming from, I saw the Trinidad and Tobago Flag...

Give me a shout if there is still a problem with the website.
Cheers,
Stephan

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

It worked!

Post by Martin Drayton » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:15 pm

Merci Stephan!
It worked. I am representing T&T when I race, but I am normally working as a Snowboard Instructor in Park City,Utah USA.....however this summer we are living in the UK so travel should not be a problem...thank you.

I ran a snowboard summer camp in Les Deux Alpes for 12 years and we used to do our transfers in Grenoble, so my Saturdays were spent hanging around the skate shops!
See you in Grenoble, thank you for putting on the event!

Stephan Doucet

Post by Stephan Doucet » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:24 pm

Any time m8!

Seems like ure nearly a local here in grenoble!

Where abouts in the UK? My family are from Surrey...

Looking forward to seeing you in septembre

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Well bugger me!

Post by Martin Drayton » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:07 pm

Quelle surprise! I grew up in Queens Park, London and my wife lived in Hove, nr.Brighton (thats where we are for the summer). I did 8 winters and 12 summers in LDA and if the rules over foreigners teaching snowboarding had changed earlier, I would have ended up living there!
We'll have to chat over a pint ;) Really looking forward to seeing Grenoble again...
Take care,

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:08 pm

Jag kan verken läsa, skriva eller tala franska. Vore tacksam för en engelsk, alternativt svensk version av hemsidan. Undrar dessutom om det är möjligt att köra årets Cyber challange när det ändå är platt? Jag vet att Dongster gärna ser att vi europeer annordnar tävlingen.

Tacksam för ett snabbt svar.
PK

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:17 pm

Peter Klang wrote:Vore tacksam för en engelsk, alternativt svensk version av hemsidan.
How about clicking on the UK flag?

/Jani

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:19 pm

Peter Klang wrote:Undrar dessutom om det är möjligt att köra årets Cyber challange när det ändå är platt?
A Cyber challenge event would be rad. The surface down there is really good!
What is required in terms of making it official etc?

/Jani

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Yo Svenska!

Post by Martin Drayton » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:21 pm

Peter Klang wrote:Jag kan verken läsa, skriva eller tala franska. Vore tacksam för en engelsk, alternativt svensk version av hemsidan. Undrar dessutom om det är möjligt att köra årets Cyber challange när det ändå är platt? Jag vet att Dongster gärna ser att vi europeer annordnar tävlingen.

Tacksam för ett snabbt svar.
PK
My swedish is rusty, but if you click on the top left corner where the UK and US flags are, you will get it in English! I saw the thing about Cyber too????
Takeomsorg, ser dig där Klangster!

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:58 pm

eeeeh.....ok

Cyber, official? I can ask the Dongster.

Click on the flag they say hmmmm...

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:17 pm

What we call cyber slalom is the french cyber slalom.(40 cones with 1m80 spaces) But in fact it's just what some call tight slalom and the true name must be straight slalom.

Swedish must be the official language for slalom. I receive practicly every days mail from swedish racers. I don't understand anything except, it's seems it's training hard beside Stochkolm.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Post by Martin Drayton » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:05 pm

Pierre Samray wrote:What we call cyber slalom is the french cyber slalom.(40 cones with 1m80 spaces) But in fact it's just what some call tight slalom and the true name must be straight slalom.
But we are doing 1m70...correct? Will it be 40 cones at that distance on the flat? If so, Pierre you had better have some oxygen standing by for me! ;)
I think only Claude is older than me, and I don't think he will be there!

Stefano Bellingeri
Stefano
Stefano

Post by Stefano Bellingeri » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:11 pm

WONDERFUL MARTIN THAT YOU WILL BE THEER!
i'M LOOKING FOR MEETING YOU AGAIN...
No shout at the end of the course this time: promise.
;-)
stefano

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:00 pm

Stefano Bellingeri wrote:WONDERFUL MARTIN THAT YOU WILL BE THEER!
i'M LOOKING FOR MEETING YOU AGAIN...
No shout at the end of the course this time: promise.
;-)
stefano
Yes, at the end of the course at Longmont during a dual run, Stefano hit some cones and the Americans found out the full extent of his grasp of english swearwords!!!! ;) Next time swear in Italian...
I am looking forward to seeing you too! How is your little one and your lovely Monica?

Stefano Bellingeri
Stefano
Stefano

Post by Stefano Bellingeri » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:40 pm

We are healthy and fine with our wonderful baby. he is now 7 months old.
I would like to bring them tooto Grenoble,
so CU there and no bad words even in Italian....
may be in german?
;-)
stef

Stephan Doucet

Latest news from the European Slalom Skateboard championship

Post by Stephan Doucet » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:58 am

A few comments were made about the difficulty of signing up for the competition.
Therefore to make it easier, we have set up a new online registration on the official website: http://www.desaxe-skateslalom.com

Please go and see!!!

Looking forward to seeing you in September!!!

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:06 pm

Well, THAT actually causes even more difficulties since there is no inscription site on your link. I sent my inscription form a few days ago. Just open the form, fill in the required info, prin it as pdf, attach to e-mail, send!

It would be nice to have a racers list.

rmn

Stephan Doucet

Best value for money accomodation

Post by Stephan Doucet » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:30 pm

We have just negotiated a great deal with a Youth Hostel in Grenoble. It’s brand new and only 10 minutes drive from the event!

As DéSaXé is going to take care of the main reservation, it’s the best value for money as far as accommodation is concerned:
17.20 € / night – breakfast included

Limited number of rooms so hurry!

Do check it out on our website:
http://desaxe-skateslalom.com/news/inde ... ebergement

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:23 am

Grenoble should be my only race this year and it should be my last race since I decide to stop with racing. Unfortunatly I had a big crash in downhill mountain bike in Les 2 Alpes two weeks ago and I'm out for a long time."Clavicle, ribs and wrist broken". Anyway as I say to Philippe I'll be there to help the organisation. It's so long time I don't see all my slalom friends since I stop racing last year.
So see you all in Grenoble.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Pierre,

Hope you heal quickly!

You will always be the coolest Frenchmen to ever race in South Carolina!

Come to think of it, you're probably the ONLY Frenchman to ever race in South Carolina! :-)

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Post by Martin Drayton » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:21 am

Pierre Samray wrote:Grenoble should be my only race this year and it should be my last race since I decide to stop with racing. Unfortunatly I had a big crash in downhill mountain bike in Les 2 Alpes two weeks ago and I'm out for a long time."Clavicle, ribs and wrist broken". Anyway as I say to Philippe I'll be there to help the organisation. It's so long time I don't see all my slalom friends since I stop racing last year.
So see you all in Grenoble.
I am so sorry to hear that Pierre, I am glad you will still be there, but I was looking forward to racing you to get revenge for Les Deux Alpes in 2001 when you beat me in Longboard Slalom!
Last edited by Martin Drayton on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:49 am

Hello Wesley! thank you for your encouragement. yes! great eperience in Folly Beach.
I don't forget you lend me your board (a santacruz with no grip..oups! :-)) because of a too tight slalom for my 36 inches ALUFLEX.( beat by Molica in quarter finale!) Sure I'm certainly the only french too race there. Good recording of this moment. Always chearching pictures of this cool event.

Hey Martin! was in 2001 in les 2 alpes then in 2002 in Serre Chevalier. Ok I give you a revenge but I'm afraid it will be not this year. I believe in miracle and even if I'm strong in my head, my body is too old to repear quickly. Anyway see you in the Olympic stadium in Grenoble.

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:44 pm

Hey Peirre, heal well my friend.

I want to race you again!

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:52 pm

Pierre Samray wrote:Grenoble should be my only race this year and it should be my last race since I decide to stop with racing. Unfortunatly I had a big crash in downhill mountain bike in Les 2 Alpes two weeks ago and I'm out for a long time."Clavicle, ribs and wrist broken".
Why stop racing, please get well fast and keep up the spirit!

I won't have the possibility to come to Grenoble and race since I will attend a wedding the same weekend in Sweden... That sucks!

/Marcus

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:33 pm

A wedding? Is it yours? ...Such a pity that one of the fastest european racer won't be here but I expect to see the other guys of the very strong swedish team...

I decide to stop because I've no really time to train, after several accidents this last 10 years, doctor ask me to be quiet... Now work and family take all my time and I understand that accident arrive because I don't practice enough. Spirit never leave me, but I keep some for snowboard, bike, kite and downhill skate too. But Still have cones and slalom board in my garage.

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:35 pm

hahaha not my wedding, then I would choose a better date! Good luck with the competition!

Pelle Gustafsson
Pelle
Pelle

hotel

Post by Pelle Gustafsson » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:17 pm

any body knows a hotel near the competition place? where are you going to live?

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:01 pm

http://desaxe-skateslalom.com/news/inde ... ebergement

everything is explain here.
but it depend of what type of hotel you expect.

Pelle Gustafsson
Pelle
Pelle

hotel

Post by Pelle Gustafsson » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:36 pm

cheapest possible,please help me ;)

Guillaume Saint-Criq

Post by Guillaume Saint-Criq » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:56 pm

Pierre Samray wrote:http://desaxe-skateslalom.com/news/inde ... ebergement

everything is explain here.
but it depend of what type of hotel you expect.
Pierre, there is no english version forthis page

Guillaume Saint-Criq

Post by Guillaume Saint-Criq » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:01 pm

Pelle,

cheapest solution is Youth hostel :

room of 4 (with bathroom & WC)
OR
room of 6/8 (Common bathroom & WC, not in the room)

17,20 € night + breakfast included !!!!!!!!
You will not find anything cheaper

(Auberge de jeunesse-Youth hostel, Tel : + 33 (0) 4 76 09 33 52, E-mail : grenoble@fuaj.org)

------------
there is also a list of hotel, but the cheaper one will be 54 EUR for a room for 2
(Hotel Gallia, Tel : + 33 (0) 4 76 87 39 21, E-mail : gallia-hotel@wanadoo.fr)