Should we have the 2009 euros in Germany?

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Should we have the 2009 euros in Germany?

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:35 pm

before the season is over i'm trying to bring your attention to a possibly very interesting venue for a euro candidate next year.
after having seen what can be done in gothenburg i ended up talking with the officials of my city(duesseldorf)
as it is there is a certain interest in hosting such an event next year(possible dates are in august).
we do have the hill we had a few races on in ddorf oberkassel
we also have a hill that rivals brixlegggs gs hill big time,it is even longer and it is still in the heart of the city next to a forest.
this hill would be very suitable for a big gs race.
if you want to google that location type in:fahneburgstrasse duesseldorf
possible sponsors that showed interest so far are:henkel(one of the industry giants when it comes to detergents)frankenheim(the biggest brewery in the area).another candidate might be the metro group(carsten is working there and he might be able to get the contacts).
with those 3 partners a very big interest of the city is ensured and also a certain cash flow into the aforementioned project.
besides that carhartt has its office in ddorf and vans and quiksilver might be possible candidates too,i still have a few other sk8companies in the hand to ensure enough product flow.

henriks and mikas and emriks work really inspired me and i think i can walk the same way ,making the next possible euros a big enough event to call it euros.
a big amount of spectators is also a definitive thing also at the gs location.

input on this early mentioned project is highly valued.

its an early call,but i'm superdetermined to get this thing going.

after all this contest will also be a pavel and gog crew project and we proved often enough that we can make things happen.

when its happening we are talking about a 3 day event with a minimum purse of 5000 euros.

i will try to upper the ante in the progress to lure out a few americans too.

Antonio Saluena
Antonio S.
Antonio S.

Dusseldorf

Post by Antonio Saluena » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:50 pm

Great! Dusseldorf was one of the best contests this year! A euros there is perfect!

Antonio
ps. Big thanks for all your hard work in Amsterdam!

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:08 am

GOG will be there!

Rob Ashby

Post by Rob Ashby » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:20 pm

Hey Donald that sounds awesome and that GS location, fahneburgstrasse, looks a sweet spot and by the looks of it has plenty of room for spectators!

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:46 pm

Excellent - bring it on!

You know the number if I can help out in any way...

Emrik Larsson

Post by Emrik Larsson » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:16 pm

sounds great, looking forward to it.
this is the direction slalom racing should take, more involvement from the city, more sponsors, bigger events, more officials etc..

You would really wish for a big sponsor that could host, say 5-7 big events in europe, big prizemoney, tv-coverage, in a nice package. But to bring out slalom to the big masses you also need cheaper slalom equipment, involvement from bigger skateboard companies etc.. well, we'll see....

EMRIK

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:34 pm

Sounds great, nobody else has showen any interest. Personally I would love Dusseldorf in august.

Yours Fastest

Fabian Bjornstjerna

Post by Fabian Bjornstjerna » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Go Go Go i´m all for it!