[2008] What happened to the Rookie awards?

Discussion Forum
Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

[2008] What happened to the Rookie awards?

Post by Donald Campbell » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:24 am

whatever happened to those awards?

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:45 pm

Good question. It's been kind of silent around the rookie award lately. I'd love to hear the latest standings on the Rookie 2008.

ConeRacing sponsored the award during a few years to get it going and give it some media attention. Is there any sponsor that wants to take over? Or should we make it ISSA award and use money from the members, or recruit goodies from sponsors?

As for the calculation and standing - I guess Corky will publish the results along with the final ranking of 2008. He's done that every year so far.

/Jani

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:54 pm

Wouldn't ROTY be the top slalomer in the 2008 standings who never competed before 1/1/08?

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:03 pm

that is right wesley

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:07 pm

I wondering why this topic about a sponsor who might be willing to donate cash for the "roty" award is brought to our attention so late.
fact is i asked about whatever happened to it
as a reply i hear you saying that it got quiet around this topic,jani.
the quietness is coming from you and corky,since you were the guys who held this ceremony the last few years.
so,if you want to walk away from this,please make people of that fact aware in advance,not on the last call(which came from me).

i am sure there is a solution,but it's pretty sad to talk about this a few days before the year ends.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:00 pm

ConeRacing sponsored the Rookie award during several years, because I thought it was such a cool thing. And I loved the fight and excitement that came along with it.

I thought I had posted announcements for sponsors to replace ConeRacing, but maybe I did not. I also thought there was a topic on SlalomRanking.com for it, but I can't see it there either. So I apologize if that was never done. I've now made an announcement for 2009 sponsors in a separate topic.

PS. Donald, maybe it's time for you to do some regular duties? I'm done. I'm not on the ISSA board. I'm not running the ranking. I don't sponsor the rookie award. I don't organize events any more. I assume I won't even be driving to events in 2009 only to let the organizers use my timer(s). And I don't skate. All I do is check in to this forum every now and then to clean up stuff. I do backups too, and yes I handle ISSA membership fees, pretty much only because my credit card is used to pay for the site and because I was lazy enough not to hand it over to Vincent Berruchon when he asked for it. Those remaining duties are up for grabs too. No need to blame me (anymore) for everything I don't do.

/Jani

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:25 pm

I would like to announce that Donald Cambell has won the "Dickhead of the Year"(DOTY) award.This has been a very competitive year for this prestigious award,past winner,USA President George W. Bush will present to Mr. Cambell at the annual Dickhead convention.Just so everyone understands what a major feat this was,Don beat out President Mugabee of Zimbabwe for this years title.
In recognition of our congratulations and salutations on this momentous acheivment,I proudly raise my middle finger to you.CF
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:09 am

some corrections are due here:
jani...

i did NOt want to blame you for anything.
in this case i mentioned the obvious and i apologize if it came across the wrong way.
but as it is a tradition i asked the question and in my case i think i also asked too late.
to correct this situation in a few days might be too late anyway.
my work schedule is also filled to the max with responsibilities towards my team and ground work here in germany to recruit new racers to the circuit,i really have enough construction sites going on at the moment.this might look as a a stab in the back to you and of course it is easy to see it like this,you know me and we talked often enough,so please think twice before you come to conclusions.

favero:
no need to post your dimwit interpretations of my personality.
please insert your middle finger into the place of your body where it rightfully belongs to.

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Chris Favero wrote:I would like to announce that Donald Cambell has won the "Dickhead of the Year"(DOTY) award.This has been a very competitive year for this prestigious award,past winner,USA President George W. Bush will present to Mr. Cambell at the annual Dickhead convention.Just so everyone understands what a major feat this was,Don beat out President Mugabee of Zimbabwe for this years title.
In recognition of our congratulations and salutations on this momentous acheivment,I proudly raise my middle finger to you.CF
Might I second the motion?
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Robert Gaisek
Robo
Robo

Post by Robert Gaisek » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:34 pm

I vote for skip the whole thing. If this will create a war between people I think it´s not worth it...................or maybe this is for fun? Naa, I don´t think so.
I´m tired of this............this make slalom not so fun anymore.

SKIP IT!!!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:11 pm

Robert, don't worry. it's not the award that is the problem. Don and I argue all the time (on pretty much any topic). But, yes, it's a pity if it's harming the sport. I'll try to stay clear of keyboard fights for a while.

/Jani

HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric
Fred
Fred

Post by HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:43 pm

Chris and Dave.... take a deep breath and try to be nice for the year to come !
Podium or pavement... but PAVEL !

www.coneracing.com

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:44 am

This thread has ended. No more tit for tat.

If anyone wants to sponsor, discuss or disagree with the IDEA of a rookie of the year award, start a new thread.