Woman Pro

Archive of older ISSA topics

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Jonathan Harms

Joyce Wheldrake

Woman Pro

Post by Joyce Wheldrake » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:36 am

For the Worlds in Hood River this year there is a new category for racing. There are 3 divisions; Womans Pro, Womans Amateur and Womans Junior.
Is this going to be used in future Worlds, and as an option for future races? Will this be included in slalomranking.com?
Do you want this?
What will your Division be?

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:23 am

I think this does not make any sense at all until there are actually enough women to fill a top 16 or top 32 spread sheet.

I mean, if you split the women up into 3 different categories, who would you race? There are sometimes not even enough women to fill a top 8 spread sheet.

So if you split them up, what you get is that some might end up alone, some might race 4 runs and some category might not even take place. I my opinion this is pretty useless for girls who like racing as many heats as possible. You go to a race with 8 women competing, they split you up into Wom AM and Wom PRO. What happens is you get 4 instead of 6 runs because there are not enough to fill a top 8 bracket....I can do this much of math...

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

Post by Cat Young » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:38 am

This is my wish.
Joy, Eveline, Noemi, Lienite, Sandrine, Nastasja, Kathrin, Julie, Emilie, Raylene, Ella.

From USofA, Judi, Lynn, me are going for sure....maybe Trish.

Now that would be a GREAT women's division.

I agree with you Ramon, don't split us up into women's Pro & AM. We just need to get everyone together & have a competition! All the girls together against each other.

If there are enough jr girls, give them a division.

Ramon..... talk to your kick-ass Swiss sisters & get them to Hood!

Judi Oyama
JudiO
JudiO

Women's Division

Post by Judi Oyama » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:39 pm

I think we should all race together. There are not enough women to split us up into 3 divisions. I don't think their will be enough time as well.

Just my two cents. That would like asking for a women's masters, pro, am, and Jr.
We'd each get to race once.

The more racing the better.

;)

Judi O

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:07 pm

Since I'm the only one WOMAN enough to race in a dress, can I get in the Ladies Masters Division?

That'll be like Judi, Cat and me - I'm guaranteed a podium!
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Lynn Kramer

Womens Pro and Am

Post by Lynn Kramer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:22 pm

At a World Championship, you should be skating at a level that can at least hang with the top racers, if even a couple seconds behind. This is a World Championship.
At a grass roots race, it is wonderful, almost mandatory, to have a womens amateur race. It is a great way to get more women into racing.
The Worlds is the only chance that we women get to run more than 2 or 4 races. I would vote against a womens amateur event unless the amount of women reaches above 8.

And please not only ensure, but advertise, prize money for women and how much. Last year the organizers at Hood River were very generous with the womens prize money. Thanks for that. We'd like the Europeans to have an incentive to buy a ticket, even though this is one of the most beautiful settings in racing.

Lynn
Lynn

trish erickson

women vs men

Post by trish erickson » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:39 pm

I have not been to many races the past season or so and not so sure how many I will get to this year but because I have boobs and can fit into the catagory "womens class" I can comment? LOL. No seriously, I think this is one sport that women and men can compete in together. Look at Lynn....she's chasing the heels of the top pros in the mens division. Frankly, I don't think there should be a "womens division" for women that have been racing for awhile. I agree with Lynn though in regards to having an am class for new girls/women. Why discourage them? Of course, now we have to figure out who is considered "seasoned" v.s. "newbie"

Anyway, I for one like to race "open" class. I know that I might offend a few women racers but I think we can and should compete with the guys! I will only play the "but I'm a girl" card in the bar AFTER the race....by me a drink!

see ya all in Texas
ts

Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

Post by Cat Young » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:18 pm

Have the organizers of the Worlds made a decision yet on the status of the "Women's" division category??

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:37 am

Cat Young wrote:Have the organizers of the Worlds made a decision yet on the status of the "Women's" division category??
Yes, we have.

The organizers have decided to have the women race as one big OPEN group (PROS and AMS together).

The organizers have decided to pay the top 1,2,3 places in the OPEN division a cash prize.

Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

Post by Cat Young » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:55 am

Thank you for posting.
Last edited by Cat Young on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:03 am

OPEN WOMEN division..... All WOMEN who are not JR.... race in one giant group. The top 3 get paid.