FOR SALE: Brand new yellow Tracker Stims (3 packs)

Slalom Skateboarding Equipment
Arthur Lee

FOR SALE: Brand new yellow Tracker Stims (3 packs)

Post by Arthur Lee » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:19 am

Brand new, comes in package with their original tracker stickers. Take all three packs for $70 shipped to the US48. I will ship asap after I get paypal payment and will get delivery confirmation. Thank you!

Liam Thornton

I'll take em if you've got em still... maybe

Post by Liam Thornton » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:12 pm

hey there, I recently picked up two packs of these but found out after they'd been shipped that they were the later, harder pour of the yellows, the ones that are slightly harder instead of softer than the greens. If you know for a fact that these are the super soft ones most are looking for and you still have them, I will gladly take them off your hands

Arthur Lee

Post by Arthur Lee » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:06 am

Hello, I believe mine are from the batch that is soft. They feel amazing in my setup, loads of rebound. Unfortunately, I only have one set left, and if you can paypal me $24, I will send it on your way. Thanks.

Liam Thornton

Post by Liam Thornton » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:01 pm

I will likely make that payment by the end of the day today. hopefully you will not be all out by then

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:52 am

Actually, the hard yellows werent stim's at all, they're shaped differently...

the yellow stims were all soft and the bushings in that picture are yellow stims...

The hard yellows were barrel bottom bushings with a cone top.....

Liam Thornton

Post by Liam Thornton » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:58 am

well that's funny since I happen to have two sets of NOS HARD stims, tracker stimulator bushings with the box ticked M for medium instead of S for soft, never heard of or seen any barrels with cone tops

Liam Thornton

WTB

Post by Liam Thornton » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:00 am

Arthur, I can send you that 24$ payment for the one pack of them right now if you've still got it.

Arthur Lee

Post by Arthur Lee » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:13 am

PMed. These are labeled soft on the package. Thanks.

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:13 am

Christopher Bara wrote:Actually, the hard yellows werent stim's at all, they're shaped differently...

the yellow stims were all soft and the bushings in that picture are yellow stims...

The hard yellows were barrel bottom bushings with a cone top.....
Don't know about that Chris.

I have several brand new yellow stims still in the original packaging. One set is clearly labeled as medium. And from the bite test, they do are way harder than the soft ones and a slightly darker, less shiny yellow.

I also have green ones labelled as soft, but I think that was a well knowned occurance.

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:18 pm

hmmmm.....then i guess i stand corrected.....i've never even heard of hard yellows (though i have some soft greens and they're harder than soft yellows).

Liam!....are you being a wiseass or am i just misreading the tone??

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:42 pm

Christopher Bara wrote:hmmmm.....then i guess i stand corrected.....i've never even heard of hard yellows (though i have some soft greens and they're harder than soft yellows).
The harder yellows (labelled medium) also feel a little harder than the medium greens (again, bite test only). I'll try to remember and bring them to a race this season so you can have a look at them. I know you have a great collection and a lot of knowledge about all of this, so it will certainly interest you.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:53 pm

Miguel Marco wrote:
Christopher Bara wrote:hmmmm.....then i guess i stand corrected.....i've never even heard of hard yellows (though i have some soft greens and they're harder than soft yellows).
The harder yellows (labelled medium) also feel a little harder than the medium greens (again, bite test only). I'll try to remember and bring them to a race this season so you can have a look at them. I know you have a great collection and a lot of knowledge about all of this, so it will certainly interest you.
I guess they EAT these things in Canada - that explains a LOT!!

-RF
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:44 pm

Rick Floyd wrote:I guess they EAT these things in Canada - that explains a LOT!!

-RF
And how exactly do you think I got sooo fat? Mmmmmm-mmhh! Delicious Stims! LOL!

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:03 am

Have you tried the blue ones with a little Bar-b-q sauce? Outstanding!
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Eric Brammer

Yellow stims

Post by Eric Brammer » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:52 am

To clarify; 'soft' yellow stims ought to be softer by 3-4 durometer points than 'soft' greens, so we're looking at 79A for yellow 'softs', and 82-83A for 'soft' greens. Now, where things get odd is that somewhere along the line, color-coding got biffed, and the greens and yellows got mixed up with the 'hard' blue-green [88A to 90A] stims (at the supplier's end, I believe) . Note that the 'ocean blue' stims were the harder ones, coming in at 90A to 94A, again without any particular warning on the label.
With the green 'medium' labeled bushings, there's a tinge of yellow-ish coloring, or on occassion, a slight blue-ish swirl, and these are usually around 86A, though they can vary by a few A-shore points. The yellows that got mixed up (and sometimes mis-labeled, too) often have a slight orange tinge or a 'glazed' look to the bushing, and they run from 84A up to 91A, but can be 'bite tested' (not by Cannucks! and, no Sauce, please!!) readily enough to prove they're not 'soft'.
The oddest thing to me, by far, is that Tracker Aggro trucks (which were, in the day,T.Hawk's truck-of-choice) didn't seem to have bushing quality issues, but it was the 'aftermarket' replacement parts that had the variations in durometer and pouring quality. Tracker's descision not to re-issue Stims is telling in itself; I don't think they had full confidence the urethane supplier. Moreover, I believe the original molds are 'lost' in time, as are likely the formulas to make them. Luckily, despite my original '96 gaff of mentioning Stims online as the 'best' bushing for speed/slalom/luging, other have picked up the bouncing ball (or bushing?) and run with it. Radikal, Jim-Z (Very nicely done,btw!), and Venom have filled a niche that Tracker itself left vacant (until the "Stim III"), and I'd guess that others (Chaput, dude, where are ya?) will follow.
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"