POWERED SKATEBOARD RACING

Discussion Forum
james hawkins

POWERED SKATEBOARD RACING

Post by james hawkins » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:43 pm

Powered Skateboard Racing was created right here in the San Fernando Valley by a grouping of the most dedicated athletes I have ever known. Led by Dustin Wagenbach,Carlos Novo ,Zak Mayall, Steve Dodgens,Andy Ruiz, Matt Peckson, Guy Bodan
and Kevin Hewitt. The X-Calibur Skateboard Full Race Skateship propelled all the riders into skateboard history. Sponsored by Col. Billy Brown his lovely wife Betty, Guided by James Hawkins and Gregg Cassity what this group has accomplished is nothing short of a resurection of skateboarding into the NFL. Racing it has been proven attracts the broadest fan base ever realized in sporting competitions. If you think that going 50 mph is not exciting then this is not your sport. If 60 degree banked turns are an easy thing to pull your a canidate.Refer to; www.napsr.bz and www.x-calibur skateboard.com
As president of the NAPSR, The National Association of Powered Skateboard Racing we welcome all. See you at the races.

James Hawkins
President NAPSR[/b]
Last edited by james hawkins on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:52 pm

I watched the video clips.

Just one question: where the video of the exciting part?

james hawkins

Powered Skateboard Racing

Post by james hawkins » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:07 pm

This is the best thing that has happened to surfing and skateboarding in the last 25 years.
Quote Laird hamilton

Brian Parsons

Powered Skateboard Racing

Post by Brian Parsons » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:26 pm

This is cool

Anytime someone brings an innovative idea like this into skateboarding I am all for it.

The issues that most skaters have with these are the boards are heavy and slow turning. Electric motors and batteries are heavy, combustion motors are not much better.

With the innovation in downhill (slalom included) wheels, trucks, where skaters can maneuver at faster speeds, powered boards are becoming much more viable for racing.

These specific contraptions using rubber wheels and chain drive are a good step forward toward a motocross/skateboard.

Think about combining this with one of the BMW skateboards/all terrain boards/torsion bar suspensions and grippy rubber wheels.

I would race it…

Paul Howard

Traditionalist Luddite Naysayer says.......

Post by Paul Howard » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:52 am

Hmmmm, OK, fine, really if anyone else wants to do that, go for it, really.

I'm 47, relatively healthy and intact. Motorized sounds like a great way to become none of the former.

I have a house with a mortgage to pay which I do with 1.5 jobs which depends on my physical abilities.

My parents are in their 80's.

I actually like to go slaloming because I like to go slaloming. I don't need to "race" to enjoy slalom, riding is it's own reward.

Also, I'm a rebel, I don't feel like I need an engine of some sort to be "racing" or enjoying myself. Building speed with my muscles and a smidge of gravity suits me well.

If others want to do this, I won't try to stop them, however, I personnally will never be caught racing or riding a motorized skateboard. Oh, did I forget to mention that I'm an Xray Technologist and see plenty of trauma at work? OK, I guess that about wraps it up.

Thanks for the invitation though. -Paul
I just dig slalom!