His real name is Camille Prigent
Mathieu Du Dossen
Rank Race Id
His real name is Mathieu Habasque

Cyril Schardijn

Re: Dutch girls

Post by Cyril Schardijn » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote:
Cyril Schardijn wrote:They are only listed in women but since they are 14 and 15 they should be listed in girls also?
Please supply their year of birth and it'll be automatically handled from now on.
Help us get this correct for all juniors (and also masters). If you're 40 or above, give us your birth year now and you'll be automatically taken into the master class when you reach 45.

/Jani
Gwyn Schardijn
July 1996

Iris Blom
July 1995
I'd rather spend my time between

sillycones

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:58 pm

a correction for christoph baumann and his race results 2010 regarding grenoble:
christoph placed:
3rd tight
6th giant
9th in the other tight? he said there were 2 different tights

thanks corky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:09 pm

I will soon make a new update with all the changes above.

Concerning Grenoble for Baumann. All is correct except for that "Special" slalom then.

This is what I have as results for that discipline...

8 Christophe Baumann GER 11,583
9 Thiago Gardenal BRA 11,667

Can someone check it up with the Grenoble organizer?

Janis kuzmins

Post by Janis kuzmins » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:27 pm

Grenoble! results!
I see that in Ranking there was count two events,(giant and special) actualy there was three.Giant,tight,special!
and i think there miss a women category for counting!

GIANT (IL GIGANTE DELLA PAURA)

1 Ramon Konighausen 27.996
2 Dominik Kowalski 28.823
3 Janis Kuzmins 29.545
4 Thiago Gardenal 29.696
5 Pascal Weber 29.718
6 Christophe Baumann 29.718
7 Michel Dupont 30.017
8 Jean Seb Dennebouy 30.742
9 Paul Price 31.082
10 Christopher Dupont 31.176
11 Robert Thiele 31.191
12 Stefano Bellingeri 31.483
13 Julien Richard 33.149

Kathrin Sehl was the only woman to do it. I remember her time is something as 30"50

TIGHT SLALOM
1 Janis Kuzmins
2 Ramon Konighausen
3 Christophe Baumann
4 Michel Dupont
5 Robert Thiele
6 Dominik Kowalski
7 Christopher Dupont
8 Thiago Gardenal
9 Petr Novotny
10 Paul Price
11 Pascal Weber
12 JS Dennebouy
13 Julien Richard
14 Zaccaria Di Giorgio
15 Jules Blaive
16 Peter Weybright
17 William Renan
18 Arnaud Delaraveille
19 Olivier Noel
20 Franco Digiorgio

Women
1 Lienite Skaraine
2 Kathrin Sehl
3 Irene Digiorgio
4 Lydie Visona

SPECIAL
1 Janis Kuzmins
2 Ramon Konighausen
3 Dominik Kowalski
4 Michel Dupont
5 Pascal Weber
6 Christopher Dupont
7Robert Thiele
8 Thiago Gardenal
9 Christophe Baumann
10 Paul Price
11 Petr Novotny
12 JS Dennebouy
13 Stefano Bellingeri
14 Julien Richard
15 Zaccaria Digiorgio
16 Peter Weybrght
17 Olivier Noel
18 Arnaud Delaraveille
19 Jules Blaive
20 William Renan
21 Franco Digiorgio

Women

1 Lienite Skaraine
2 Kathrin Sehl
3 Irene Digiorgio
4 Lydie Visona
5 Laure Bonnefoy

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:05 am

Thanks Janis,

I will add the women disciplines for next update.

But the three disciplines are there. It's just that when you look on your "racer homepage" you only see the two best results that are counted into the ranking.

If you go to the "event homepage" you will see all the disciplines and classes. Grenoble 2010 results

Robert Thiele
T Board
T Board

slalomranking- correction

Post by Robert Thiele » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi Corky,

Thanks for putting in the work for the rankings table!

I think there might be the following mistake with my results..

At Grenoble I placed 5,7,11, so that, as I understand it, 5,7 should be counted towards my ranking.

At the moment I'm rated as 7,11 for Grenoble.

Could you check that out please?

One other small point- in the children's category, my son's (Felix Thiele) surname is spelt incorrectly.

Once again, many thanks- maybe we ought to rename the rankings the "Corky world rankings"... I'd vote for it, anyway..

Hans Koraeus

Re: slalomranking- correction

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Robert Thiele wrote:I think there might be the following mistake with my results..

At Grenoble I placed 5,7,11, so that, as I understand it, 5,7 should be counted towards my ranking.

At the moment I'm rated as 7,11 for Grenoble.

Could you check that out please?
7:th Place SPC -- OK
11:th Place Giant -- OK
5:th Place Tight -- OK

Ok, I see what is going on here. Actually it is all correct.
First, unfortunatly only the two best "ranking results" are shown per event.
By "ranking results" meaning the points you get for the result.
What is happening here is that you are on the edge of getting PRO points at all. You need 8 racers and there are 8 in GS and 8 in Special. But not in Tight were it is only 7 pro racers. So the world ranking points fall out like this...

11 PRO GS 315
7 PRO Special 350
4 OPEN TS 312

Too bad you did your best result in that TS where you only got OPEN points. But you could also be happy that you got PRO points at all. It was on the limit. ;-)
Robert Thiele wrote:One other small point- in the children's category, my son's (Felix Thiele) surname is spelt incorrectly.
It will be corrected for next update. Funny I have always thought it was the same name. But now when I looked really carefully actually it was not. Funny how the eye can fool you when you already know what to expect.
Robert Thiele wrote:Once again, many thanks- maybe we ought to rename the rankings the "Corky world rankings"... I'd vote for it, anyway..
Well I have never thought about it this way. But I know many do see it that way. And it has been a problem. That is why it took 8 years of this world ranking "version 2" before ISSA now finally officially announced it as the ISSA World Ranking.

I have always seen it as an ISSA World Ranking. It was made for the slalom community and it has evolved during the years with all comments that have been made from the community and taking into account the slalom scene as it has been during all these years. Actually all the years from back in the early 90's where the first ISSA World Ranking "version 1" was done. And then also was recognized as such.

But it's true that nobody knows it better than me. Quite normal looking at the history of it all. And for me being a ranking freak and having worked with it so much over the years. I know all the details and why they are there.

But hopfully more will get involved now so that we can take the slalomranking site to the ultimate level where it can be the face of the whole slalom scene. It's impossible to do for a single person or two. It has to be a slalom community effort.

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:38 am

Hi Corky! Thanks for all the work you are doing.

Is it normal that in the World Rankings, the Men Pro and Women categories display the 4 year ranking while the Men Am, Boys, and Girls categories seem to display the current season?

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Miguel Marco wrote:Is it normal that in the World Rankings, the Men Pro and Women categories display the 4 year ranking while the Men Am, Boys, and Girls categories seem to display the current season?
Yes that's the way it is setup for the "official world rankings". The idea is that these are the ones you want to push for in the media aso.

There are many other "world rankings" in the system and may be more to come. But it seemed to be a good idea filter out the single most important rankings this way.

Actually the time might have come to make an official "Master World ranking" also now. We start to have a respectable amount of masters out there...

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:05 am

<center>ISSA World Ranking 2010 - Version 1.6

See if you can find any errors. Deadline for changes Jan 31.

Slalomranking.com
Ver 1.6
</center>

Ranking Angel coordinator 2010
Jani Söderhäll

A special word for Jani. If it was not for him starting up the process and getting all
people together we would most likley have been without a world ranking for 2010.
And that would have been a shame.

Ranking Angels 2010
Helping out with getting hold of results and sending them in to the ranking office...

Petr Janousek
Ricardo Damborenea
Gustavs Gailitis
Guillaume StCriq
Josef Stefka
Rick Floyd
Flavio Badenas
SJ Kalliokoski
Jean Sebastien Dennebouy
Sam Gordon
Charles Thubert
Ramon Königshausen
Ian Cranfield
Miguel Marco
Maria Carrasco
Franco DiGiorgio
Dan Gesmer
Viking Hadestrand
Peter Metzger

Petr Janousek

Post by Petr Janousek » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:15 am

Hi Corky.
Please move me into the category of professionals. I'm not quite sure my performance but I would like to continue racing with my friends Dalibor Danhel, Tomas Fiala and Josef Stefka. Thanks.

Petr Janousek, CZE
Petr Janoušek
Czech Republic, Prague
http://www.sk8slalom.cz

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:08 am

Ok Petr,

I will mark you as PRO for 2011. After the Jan 31 Deadline for the 2010 ranking.

Meaning you will compete for the "Pro Rookie Title" for 2011. ;-)

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Points Calculations

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:35 am

Corky, the following is from Louis Ricards' race summary in the Pro rankings for 2010. What I can not understand is why points for the National Championships awarded are worth less then an Outlaw event or most other events he and any other Canadian participated in except for possibly the world Champioshhip? Makes no sense at all.

Event Discipline Class Place Points
Texas Cold Fusion Sizzler SPC PO 2 450
Texas Cold Fusion Sizzler GS PO 3 420
2010 Antrim Can/Am Slalom Championships SPC OP 1 390
World Outlaw Championships Da Farm 10.0i GS PO 1 390
World Outlaw Championships Da Farm 10.0i SPC PO 1 390
2010 Antrim Can/Am Slalom Championships GS OP 2 351
Krispy Hill Outlaw Slalom Race #1 SPC OP 1 310
Krispy Hill Outlaw Slalom Race #2 SPC OP 1 310
Event Discipline Class Place Points

2010 Antrim Can/Am Slalom Championships GS OP 2 351
2010 Antrim Can/Am Slalom Championships SPC OP 1 390
7th Annual Dovercourt Open SPC OP 2 279
7th Annual Dovercourt Open TSS OP 2 279
Krispy Hill Outlaw Slalom Race #1 SPC OP 1 310
Krispy Hill Outlaw Slalom Race #1 TSS OP 1 310
Krispy Hill Outlaw Slalom Race #2 GS OP 1 310
Krispy Hill Outlaw Slalom Race #2 SPC OP 1 310
Texas Cold Fusion Sizzler GS PO 3 420
Texas Cold Fusion Sizzler SPC PO 2 450
World Outlaw Championships Da Farm 10.0i GS PO 1 390
World Outlaw Championships Da Farm 10.0i SPC PO 1 390

Thank you
Many Happy Pumps!

Petr Janousek

Post by Petr Janousek » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:52 am

Hans Koraeus wrote:Ok Petr,
Corky, you think if I will be alone who move to the proffessional category so I have a chance to win... So now I pray that Thiago Gardenal, Steve Pederson, Louis Selby, Rick Floyd, Christopher Dupont, Sam Gordon, Chris Schütz, Sebastien Leger (and other) will not move to the proffessional category and the trophy is mine... :-) :-D ;-)
Petr Janoušek
Czech Republic, Prague
http://www.sk8slalom.cz

Hans Koraeus

Re: Points Calculations

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:03 am

Claude Regnier wrote:What I can not understand is why points for the National Championships awarded are worth less then an Outlaw event .
I don't see any National Championship in your list...hmm maybe you mean the Can/Am?

Can/Am has Main Status
Da Farm has Prime status.

And still they give the same points for a first place...

This is because your Can/Am Main status only had 4 Pro's attending. So it then counts as an OPEN with points from the OPEN table.

The Farm Prime status is right on the limit with 8 pro's to count PRO points for the Pros.

According to the ranking points table...
1:st place Main OPEN 390 points
1:st place Prime PRO 390 points

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Nationals

Post by Claude Regnier » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:51 pm

The 7th Annual Dovercourt Open is also the Canadian Nationals and has been since 05 or 06. This has always been at least a Main or a Major. It is the biggest race for most Canadians to attend.

It should always be regarded as such. If competitors from all around choose not to attend then they miss out on the points it should not be the other way around.

The costs associated with getting to races here are almost double what they are for the European events and we have far less options.

Last years race numbers were down in North Americe in a variety of ways. Last years board also gave it a higher status in their adjustment to the rankings system. Bottom line is how does an Outlaw event distribute point values higher then a sanctioned National Championship? If it is simply attendance then why do we even bother with advanced status?
Many Happy Pumps!

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:22 pm

Petr Janoušek wrote:
Hans Koraeus wrote:Ok Petr,
Corky, you think if I will be alone who move to the proffessional category so I have a chance to win... So now I pray that Thiago Gardenal, Steve Pederson, Louis Selby, Rick Floyd, Christopher Dupont, Sam Gordon, Chris Schütz, Sebastien Leger (and other) will not move to the proffessional category and the trophy is mine... :-) :-D ;-)
Too late! ;-)

I had intended to race pro in 2010 before the ISSA classes were changed, so have asked Corky to move me to the pro rankings now that pro status has returned. I like my current 4th place rank in AMs of course, but its not right to take it after I said I would race pro after the 2009 season. I encourage others who had stated they would race pro in 2010 year to do the same - you know who you are. ;-)

...I think Mr. Thiele has us all beat for PRY though Petr.

-RF
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Hans Koraeus

Re: Nationals

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:27 pm

Claude Regnier wrote:The 7th Annual Dovercourt Open is also the Canadian Nationals and has been since 05 or 06. This has always been at least a Main or a Major. It is the biggest race for most Canadians to attend.

It should always be regarded as such. If competitors from all around choose not to attend then they miss out on the points it should not be the other way around.

The costs associated with getting to races here are almost double what they are for the European events and we have far less options.

Last years race numbers were down in North Americe in a variety of ways. Last years board also gave it a higher status in their adjustment to the rankings system. Bottom line is how does an Outlaw event distribute point values higher then a sanctioned National Championship? If it is simply attendance then why do we even bother with advanced status?
Well, you don't loose the status. Even if you are only 8 am's the event is still a Main status. If it would have lowered the status you would have lost even more points.

But it's true that the system also take into account the actual attendance. And it only mainly affects the point potential of PRO's. These are the rules:

- If race has 8 or more pro racers
PRO racers will get points according to the PRO POINT TABLE.
AM racers will get points according to the AM POINT TABLE.
- If race has 1-7 pro racers
PRO and AM get points according to the OPEN POINT TABLE
- If race has no pro racers
AM racers will get points according to the AM POINT TABLE.

So to fully take advantage of PRO points for any race you need 8 pro racers.

I agree that outlaw event should not be in the ranking if with outlaw you mean that normal ISSA rules are not followed.

I agree that it is not good to call an event outlaw either way. But the ranking does not take into account what people call their events. But this could very well be taken into account by the ranking marshals. For example to not give away high statuses to events calling themselves outlaw.

If you feel that Da Farm did not live up to the ISSA rules you are right it should not be counted as a Prime. But I have no idea. If someone have more info about this please let us all know. Maybe the current North Amrican marshals for 2011 can give it some thought.
Last edited by Hans Koraeus on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:31 pm

By the way...

<center>Reminder!
Deadline Jan 31

For changes to the 2010 World Ranking</center>

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:11 pm

By the way have a look at the www.slalomranking.com site.

We have tried to get some style on the articles so we soon can start up the article management on the site.

Most administrators (Ranking, Calendar, Marshals, BOD, ...) will be able to register new articles about their work.

The main deal though is when event organizers later can take advantage of the automatically included homepage for each event added to the slalom ranking calendar. Then they will be able to add articles about their events as well and we could finally see the start of what has been the goal with this ranking site since early 2000.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:12 pm

Please check for double registrations (funny spellings), birth years for Master Ams (not reported in the Masters category), birth year for Juniors (not reported in the Jun category).

If you see a nick name for someone and not their full name, can you report back to Corky who that might be? It would really help, especially if this person is already in the ranking under a different name.

Thanks!

/Jani

Robert Gaisek
Robo
Robo

Post by Robert Gaisek » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:44 pm

How do I change Robert to Robo?

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:28 pm

How do I change Robert to Robo?
We will need to add metal to your diet!!!! :)
Many Happy Pumps!

Robert Gaisek
Robo
Robo

Post by Robert Gaisek » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Hehehe

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:31 pm

robert gaisek wrote:How do I change Robert to Robo?
The text below your name is handled by Wesley Tucker.

/Jani

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:30 am

<center>ISSA World Ranking 2010 - Version 1.7

See if you can find any errors. Deadline for changes Jan 31.

Slalomranking.com
Ver 1.7
</center>

Jani Söderhäll

A special word for Jani. If it was not for him starting up the process and getting all
the people together we would most likley have been without a world ranking for 2010.

Ranking Angels 2010
Helping out with getting hold of results and sending them in to the ranking office...

Petr Janousek
Ricardo Damborenea
Gustavs Gailitis
Guillaume StCriq
Josef Stefka
Rick Floyd
Flavio Badenes
SJ Kalliokoski
Jean Sebastien Dennebouy
Sam Gordon
Charles Thubert
Ramon Königshausen
Ian Cranfield
Miguel Marco
Maria Carrasco
Franco DiGiorgio
Dan Gesmer
Viking Hadestrand
Peter Metzger

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:33 am

<center>Last Reminder!
Deadline Jan 31

For updates/changes to the ISSA World Ranking 2010</center>

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:14 pm

Ok we are done with changes for the 2010 ranking. I think we have taken care of most of the things. This last round did not produce any more fixes so that is a good sign.

I will re-calculate a new version of the ranking anyway only to be sure and then it's a wrap.

The 2010 ranking will be the official published ranking until March 31. Then at April 1 we will have the first ranking up for the 2011 season.

Only two more months and we are there... and by then hopefully most of the events in the calendar and statuses will be settled as well.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Thanks Corky. You've done an enormous job catching up with the entire 2010 season, and all small personal updates, while preparing a whole new season!

/Jani

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:08 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote:Thanks Corky. You've done an enormous job catching up with the entire 2010 season, and all small personal updates, while preparing a whole new season!

/Jani
What Jani said x2!!
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Steve Pederson
Steve
Steve

Post by Steve Pederson » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:32 pm

Thank you Corky and all others who helped make it happen.

Rob Ashby

Post by Rob Ashby » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Yes indeed a big thank you to Corky and all those involved in completing the rankings.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:55 am

<center>ISSA World Ranking 2010
Final version
slalomranking.com</center>

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:39 am

This topic will be closed. A new one is created for the ranking 2011.

Thank's to everybody who has helped out getting the final ranking for 2010 together.

The ranking is now for ever saved into the ISSA World Ranking history books.

World Ranking Administrator 2010
Hans Koraeus
Jani Söderhäll
the people together we would most likley have been without a world ranking for 2010.
Ranking Angels 2010
Petr Janousek
Ricardo Damborenea
Gustavs Gailitis
Guillaume StCriq
Josef Stefka
Rick Floyd
Flavio Badenas
SJ Kalliokoski
Jean Sebastien Dennebouy
Sam Gordon
Charles Thubert
Ramon Königshausen
Ian Cranfield
Miguel Marco
Maria Carrasco
Franco DiGiorgio
Dan Gesmer
Viking Hadestrand
Peter Metzger
More ranking history...

Ver 1.8
- Age updates
Ver 1.7
- 1 dublicat racer id fix
- Rick Floyd now as PRO
- Age updates

Ver 1.6
- Grenoble women results added
- Dublicat racer id fixes
- Name corrections
- Nationality corrections
- Age updates

Ver 1.5
- Batz event added
- Dublicat racer id fixes
- Name corrections
- Nationality corrections

Ver 1.4
- Fix of Pro-Open bug. May alter Pro and Am rankings

Ver 1.3
- Racer info updates
- Brazilian results
- PigCity results

Ver 1.2
- Di Gorgio erased old wrong data for 2007/2008
- Dublicate racer error Stepanjans/Bojarins
- Dublicate racer error Jeff/Erkevica
- Dublicate racer error Hegerty
- Updating name spellings
- Fixed result error Madrid Super-G

Ver 1.1
- Gustavs Gailitis changed status from Am to Pro for 2010 ranking
- Some old ranking records with 0 points from 2007 erased
- Some name changes (more of this when racer administrator is in work)
- Some code fix for Rookie rankings
- Terry St George double registration fixed