Radikal compatible axles from Buzzed

Slalom Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Terry Kirby

Joe Boyle

Radikal compatible axles from Buzzed

Post by Joe Boyle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm in no way affiliated with Buzzed Trucks, I just saw them on Silverfish and they have brought out some new axles, which are Radikal compatible.

"Our axles are being made out of a patented steel called Stress-Proof. The yield strength of Buzzed is 100,000 psi (minimum) compared to (correct me if I'm wrong) Sk8King's 4130 universal axle's yield strength being 52,200 psi (minimum). The design of our axles will also make them stronger, one reason being the built in speed ring. The widths that will be offered are 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", and 5/8" reaching 172mm, 179mm, 186mm, and 192mm respectively. Check out our website for pricing... http://www.buzzedtrucks.com!

Seem like reasonable prices and a good option. Not trying to take away from Radikal or Sk8kings, just thought that some of you guys out there might be interested.

Sj Kalliokoski

Re: Radikal compatible axles from Buzzed

Post by Sj Kalliokoski » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Do you know about threads they have on those?
-pokkis

Joe Boyle

Post by Joe Boyle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Sj Kalliokoski wrote:Do you know about threads they have on those?
threads as in the physical threads on the axles or forum threads?

they are the same threading as Rad axles, as their trucks were designed around Rad axles originally, so these match up perfectly.

A quick search on silverfish for "buzzed" or probably even google "buzzed trucks" you can see their main thread on silverfish, but there's not much other than what's in my quote as their axles have only just been released.

Sj Kalliokoski

Post by Sj Kalliokoski » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:01 pm

Oops sorry not been exact. This is from sk8king page:
Now available in fine-thread and coarse-thread. Note -- Trucks manufactured/purchased after September 2007 -- designed to work with coarse-thread axles only. For trucks manufactured/purchased before that time, choose the fine-thread axles.
-pokkis

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Joe Boyle wrote:I'm in no way affiliated with Buzzed Trucks, I just saw them on Silverfish and they have brought out some new axles, which are Radikal compatible.

"Our axles are being made out of a patented steel called Stress-Proof. The yield strength of Buzzed is 100,000 psi (minimum) compared to (correct me if I'm wrong) Sk8King's 4130 universal axle's yield strength being 52,200 psi (minimum). The design of our axles will also make them stronger, one reason being the built in speed ring. The widths that will be offered are 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", and 5/8" reaching 172mm, 179mm, 186mm, and 192mm respectively. Check out our website for pricing... http://www.buzzedtrucks.com!

Seem like reasonable prices and a good option. Not trying to take away from Radikal or Sk8kings, just thought that some of you guys out there might be interested.

The StressProof (R) steel is not patented. The process for making it was developed in 1938 and the process for making it has had several patents over the years. StressProof is a registered trademark of Niagara LaSalle Steel Co. The steel is commercially available from other sources under the designation AISI 1144 per ASTM A311.

Probably more important than the yield strength of the steel is the method used to form the threads on the axle, and the resulting fatigue strength of the entire axle (a combination of material properties, geometry, and processes used in machining/forming the part).

Bruce Barnett

Post by Bruce Barnett » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:02 pm

The StressProof (R) steel is not patented. The process for making it was developed in 1938 and the process for making it has had several patents over the years. StressProof is a registered trademark of Niagara LaSalle Steel Co. The steel is commercially available from other sources under the designation AISI 1144 per ASTM A311.

Probably more important than the yield strength of the steel is the method used to form the threads on the axle, and the resulting fatigue strength of the entire axle (a combination of material properties, geometry, and processes used in machining/forming the part).

Quoted from Niagara LaSalle
STRESSPROOF® is made by a patented process which consists of drawing the bar through a special die under heavy draft, then stress relieving it in a precisely controlled furnace.

When Niagara LaSalle developed STRESSPROOF® in 1938, it changed the economics of part production. Because for the first time, users could get an improved wearability without case hardening, strength without heat treating, plus excellent machinability and tool life.

STRESSPROOF® is electro-magnetically tested using eddy currents. Other benefits include resistance to fatigue and stress, balanced working and minimum warpage and distortion. STRESSPROOF® can also be induction hardened, but should be watched for quench cracks.

It is strongly felt that in our modern computer age, uniformity in machinability of a product has become a key factor in improved productivity, and Niagara LaSalle will continue to be responsive to the needs of its customers.

STRESSPROOF not only meets the minimum properties of ASTM A311, but it also has controlled low stresses, reliable machining, and improved surface quality. Result is longer part life with less manufacturing costs.

http://www.niagaralasalle.com/product-stressproof.html

Richy Carrasco
AXE Army
AXE Army

Post by Richy Carrasco » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:00 pm

4130 Cold drawn—normalized[2] 85,000–110,000 psi (590–760 MPa here is some Wikepedia facts on this..

Richy Carrasco
AXE Army
AXE Army

Post by Richy Carrasco » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:19 pm

At first we made these axels becauase of the need of quick change options at the races! They have performed well and continue! More comeing from Sk8kings!