Barbecue/Skateboard Race -2015, Oct 3

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Dan Parrish

Barbecue/Skateboard Race -2015, Oct 3

Post by Dan Parrish » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:54 am

Well, it’s been a bit lean on the slalom skateboarding scene in New England this year.
Situations change, things happen, but friendships remain. Let’s see if we can reunite for :

THE 8th ANNUAL BARBEQUE/SKATEBOARD RACE
Ashton Lane, South Hadley, MA. October 3rd, 10am
Rain Date: Sunday the 4th

If you haven't yet attended, here's the run down:
The race is run literally out of my driveway and down my street (Ashton Lane in S. Hadley, MA). The road is fairly steep and near a dead end, so minimal traffic. We will start with a Hybrid race from the driveway, followed by a B-Start/ Kid's Race from a bit lower while we light the barbeque and grill what we got. If time, interest and bravado remain, we will run a "Super -G" from the very top of the hill.
We have not received complaints from the neighbors with this event so far, and hope to keep it that way. There is a very low "bust" likelyhood, but this is an "outlaw" race. Your continued consideration of this situation is both expected and appreciated.
Bring something to grill or just come and mooch. Kids and other innocent bystanders welcome as well.
SEE YOU THERE!

Dr Dan

ps. - Please let me know if you plan to attend, I'm doing the shopping.

Miguel Marco

Re: Barbecue/Skateboard Race -2015

Post by Miguel Marco » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:08 pm

Will see if I can get a crew going Dr. Dan.
Would love to see you and the NE gang.

Dan Parrish

Re: Barbecue/Skateboard Race -2015, Oct 3

Post by Dan Parrish » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:35 pm

LOOKS LIKE RAIN IS HEADED OUR WAY FOR SATURDAY!
RESCHEDULED TO SUNDAY - OCT 4TH

Mig that's a long trip for a small event - just say'n. Honored though, love to see you!
Let me know... we could put you up

T Whalen

Post by T Whalen » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:49 am

Good call Dan - see you all on Sunday
Terry

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:01 pm

Dan Parrish wrote:Mig that's a long trip for a small event - just say'n. Honored though, love to see you!
Let me know... we could put you up
I wish I could have made it, but last minute visit from my family changed all weekend plans anyway.

Dan Parrish

Post by Dan Parrish » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:33 am

Well race fans, the wait is over! We finally got the results back from the timing consultants in Geneva and the international body at the Hague has completed the arbitration and certification processes. We are now free to publicize the final results to the renowned Barbecue/Skateboard Race of Western Mass.

THE TOP FIVE QUALIFYING FINISHERS WERE:

SLALOM
1. Glenn 15.201
2. Dan 16.741
3. Terry 16.978
4. Dave 17.119
5. Bailey 19.607

GIANT SLALOM
1. Glenn 16.425
2. Terry 16.836
3. Dan 16.854
4. Dave 17.097
5. Bailey 19.264

Despite the fierce competition battled out on the courses, the rolling gladiators were able, in the end, to embrace their rivals in in a spirit of camaraderie and compassion that warmed the soul and gives one hope after all for the future of humanity. They proclaimed at the closing ceremony, a sacred vow to reconvene the appointed time, when the planet next realigns to its current celestial position, for their pilgrimage to the hallowed hill for - Barbecue/Skateboard Race '16

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B045oqs3qozknr