Cameron Conn

Luca's deck ?

Post by Cameron Conn » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:47 pm

what did luca ride at paris 2003?
i've seen videos and it looks really small
Its like a gift. I can't control it.

Nick Krest

Post by Nick Krest » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:40 pm

He rode a solid wood Indiana board, about 26" long. Not a current production piece, it most closely resembles a '76 Logan Earth Ski.

Luca would be fast on a soggy piece of cardboard.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:05 am

Luca wasn't winning races on softer cambered boards when he had to use them.

He made a switch to a longer and softer board this year to adapt to the modern slalom courses that are too wide and too much offset for a stiff deck.

The Logan Shape is still mass-produced in the Republic of Belarus. The boards are 28 inches long and 5 inches wide. Stiff decks allow one to use hard wheels, like 95A (on both pictures) and harder.

<center>Image

Same place, same guy, same board. Mid 1990s. </center>
Last edited by Vlad Popov on Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:31 am

Some of us make our own as well....

Mushy foam core boards work for the modern bigger courses, but nothing feels as good as solid wood (oak or birch ply) for TS.

Cameron Conn

Post by Cameron Conn » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:55 am

but as vlad said, for the modern corses luca has started using board with flex, is a solid wood board good for just strait TS with no off-sets?
Its like a gift. I can't control it.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:08 am

Solid wood decks are good for TS, even offset TS. They allow you to ride a hard wheel, have more control of sliding to brake or get around a cone and due to the raised heel stance you ride them with they allow better angulation around offsets.

For a REALLY offset TS or hybrid a s-camber with some rear steer is sometimes a better bet.

I personally like a plank for a bigger course, but I realize it is slower in the long run. A softer deck with some flex will allow you to accelerate around offsets by using the flex of the board to "pop" you out. They also work on rougher surfaces when you need to absorb some of the road shock.

Flex decks also help you accelerate on slow starts or flat ground. Planks take more to get up to speed and are slower getitng up to speed (even by the best) but there top speed is faster than any flex deck.

Ben Himovitz

Anybody makes these decks in the USA?

Post by Ben Himovitz » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:56 am

i have a board that my friend left at my house that is solid oak, about 25" long and about 6" wide at the widest point and it is kind of similar to the one in the pic above. i was wondering if anyone makes/sells those boards anymore.....???? himotomas@hotmail.com

Windell Reneau

Post by Windell Reneau » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:44 am

heres my home made board, i made it from 5 ply 3/4 in. plywood. i know its not the strongest of materials but i think its working for me to get started on, to bad there arent very many good hills down here in houston, texas. it has sure-grip invader trucks on it that i took off of an old pool board that i found, but i plan on buying some trackers soon. tell me what you think.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Hollien?

Post by Marty Schaub » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:48 am

That deck looks exactly like a Keith Hollien model that he rode at Athens. Go to his web-site and you'll see what I mean.
La Costa Boy For Life

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:50 am

Windell get a hold of Brandon Brookshire at www.bonelessone.com. He also is on the members list on this website. I think he might be willing to part with one of his Hollien boards, very functional shape, the bro owns 2 of them. Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Windell Reneau

Post by Windell Reneau » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:21 am

wow guys thanks alot for the help, im really looking forward to getting started more seriously

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:05 am

Did anyone see the two new soft Indianas Luca's winning on this year?

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

I think you can see it in the videos Vinzzz posted some days ago ?! It looks like a Double Kicktail deck ! :-)